Vault-Tec: OOC Chatter

Fulci
FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Vault-Tec: OOC Chatter

#1 Post by FantasyChic »

I figure we'd like an OOC chat topic once things start moving soon. Really excited about this game. I love the Fallout games. Even though I am still in 4 (nowhere near the end of it btw), I recently had a chance to play the old Fallout games and they were pretty fun. I am looking forward to having our own brand of Fallout come forth.

Also I am probably late to the party, but I also played and finished Undertale and holy God is that an amazing game.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Vault-Tec: OOC Chatter

#2 Post by Rukellian »

Just like with Oblivion in the Elder Scrolls series, I am a latecomer in the Fallout line of games. Fallout 4 was my first, and without having played any of the others, I can say that 4 was a solid game by itself. ;) Okay, more than just solid, a new drug? lol I play it at least once a day now, and I'm still not even finished with the main questline, let alone one of the side factions.

In retrospect, my lack of experience with the earlier fallout games will probably help my immersion in this game as a character. I will be new to the world just as much as Lawrence is to the world outside his vault community.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Fulci »

I'm an old-school fallouter! I have only played 1, 2 and Tactics. Fallout 2 is my favorite! Of course, the game aged, some things feel a bit dated... the controls, especially, can get clunky and annoying. But overall, it's an amazing experience, lots of side quests and interesting things.

I want to try 4 eventually! I hope my computer will be able to run it properly.
Rukellian wrote:In retrospect, my lack of experience with the earlier fallout games will probably help my immersion in this game as a character. I will be new to the world just as much as Lawrence is to the world outside his vault community.
Quite possible!
The game as I plan it doesn't rely heavily on Fallout lore from the game, by the way.
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I've played them all actually, 1, 2, tactics, 3, New Vegas, and 4. Beaten them all too so far...

I enjoyed 2 and 4 the most I'd say. But really I love the fallout genre, the setting and everything is amazing.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#5 Post by Scott308 »

I've only played 3 and New Vegas, still working on playing through 4. I like the series enough to have bought an Xbox One so I could play 4.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ive played all fallout games except fir 4 so far. I liked 2 and 3 the most. Though new Vegas has functions neither 2or 3 had that I enjoyed. Any one else love the bridge of death in fallout 2? Or did anyone else encounter that from Monty python holy grail movie?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Fulci »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Any one else love the bridge of death in fallout 2? Or did anyone else encounter that from Monty python holy grail movie?
Ha, yes, that was a lovely surprise! Besides, when the bridge keeper died (he didn't know the difference between an African and a European swallow!!), he left his robe behind, which has the stats of a Combat Armor. Only much lighter.

There is also a special encounter with the Tardis from Doctor Who... So it really pays to have a good Outdoorsman skill.
G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You know I never encountered the tardis part before.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Fulci »

There's a video of it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVtPf-1CEkY

It leaves a laser pistol after disappearing.

Edit: hmm, in the video it drops a Motion Scanner. For some reason I remembered a laser pistol.
G A M E S :

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by FantasyChic »

I appreciated New Vegas' feel, as it allowed for more wacky things to happen, especially if you took the Wild Wasteland perk. 4 has some crazy moments, but for the most part it isn't as intense. I love 4 though, the story is cool, the characters are fun, and there's a lot to explore. My favorite so far is Salem, because frankly, that scared the crap out of me. Least favorite is the Minute Men quests. I mean adding more settlements is great and all, but maintaining them is a pain. Especially when you constantly get messages about ones being attacked or needing help.

I didn't play much of the other ones in the beginning, except for trying 2, and I liked it, but yeah the controls were clunky. It's cool to hear that they added those Easter Eggs to it.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

FantasyChic wrote:I appreciated New Vegas' feel, as it allowed for more wacky things to happen, especially if you took the Wild Wasteland perk. 4 has some crazy moments, but for the most part it isn't as intense. I love 4 though, the story is cool, the characters are fun, and there's a lot to explore. My favorite so far is Salem, because frankly, that scared the crap out of me. Least favorite is the Minute Men quests. I mean adding more settlements is great and all, but maintaining them is a pain. Especially when you constantly get messages about ones being attacked or needing help.

I didn't play much of the other ones in the beginning, except for trying 2, and I liked it, but yeah the controls were clunky. It's cool to hear that they added those Easter Eggs to it.
I am totally with you on the Minutemen Quest issue. I've gotten into the habit of just talking to Preston to get my mission complete and then QUICKLY back away and fast travel out of there. :lol: It just never seems to end with settler troubles :roll:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I think that 4 has it's own set of crazy and wacky stuff... I have a tendency to travel and looking for everything. The group that made the game really put some funny, gross, depressing, and generally interesting stuff in the game.

I have no problems with the minutemen missions since they are double missions, the settlement pays you and then preston pays you as well as giving you a nice amount of experience.

As for Salem I'd say the town itself was kind of funny with the whole crab battle but that museum? I was inching my way through it all scared :lol: :lol:

I'd have to say my favorite places are the smaller places out in the map, not any town or anything but a building here or cave/quarry there.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I tend to skew from the primary quest to seek out other undiscovered places and quests so yeah needless to say I find trouble a lot in the fallout games.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Fulci »

Fragments of secret blueprints surface...
v14 logo.PNG
v14 logo.PNG (442.75 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Aww drat I was hoping it was going to be vault 666 :P

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Fulci »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Aww drat I was hoping it was going to be vault 666 :P
Nah, I'd hate to have to finish all GM descriptions with "and there is a distinct smell of brimstone".

I like number 14 - it's between 13 and 15...

G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I like Lucky number 7 & 14 is just 7 twice makes us double lucky right? ;)

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by FantasyChic »

-Dr. Seuss

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by FantasyChic »

Still unsure of what Victoria's job would be. Also is her mother a NPC? Not sure your plans, if you need my opinion you can PM me

-Dr. Seuss

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Fulci »

FantasyChic wrote:http://falloutfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_14

Ummmm.....
This is an unofficial mod, as far as I know, just ignore it.

PM sent!
G A M E S :

Return to “Vaults & Wastelands - Fallout PnP”