Part 8: Once more unto the Barrowmaze

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

Re: Part 8: Once more unto the Barrowmaze

#261 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic lets out an audible sigh and grumbles to himself: "The one time I forget to watch our flank. It's the goblins all over again."

Pyrrhic turns around to see who's addressing them, while slowly reaching for his sword.
"If you're so concerned about sport, hows about we let you and your men in there to dispatch those undead in your own sporting way?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by ybn1197 »

From the west.
There are 9 of them.
They are all wearing light armor, studded leather being the heaviest worn by the speaker. They are an assorted lot of scruffy looking men with an assortment of weaponry, most of which are simple peasant weapons (spears, hammers, scythe, the leader has a rusty short sword.)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Zhym »

Milo waits for the newcomers to answer Pyrrhic. If they make a hostile move, Milo fires an arrow at the speaker.

Short bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15, [1d6] = 6

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Stirling »

Grigg

Grigg, being at the very end of the corridor will try to duck inside the room with the skeleton and hide in the shadows. If this group start anything he will want to backstab from the darkness.

If you need a roll here is one.

Thieves skills % roll: [1d100] = 32

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by ybn1197 »

RiotInferno wrote:Pyrrhic lets out an audible sigh and grumbles to himself: "The one time I forget to watch our flank. It's the goblins all over again."

Pyrrhic turns around to see who's addressing them, while slowly reaching for his sword.
"If you're so concerned about sport, hows about we let you and your men in there to dispatch those undead in your own sporting way?"
"I'm sorry mate, see that's not how we work," he says to Pyrrhic. "How about you all just hand over everything you have and we'll let you live so you can figure out how best to handle those shamblers."

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#266 Post by kalstone »

Simoni scratches his head. "That doesn't sound like a very good deal for us. Are you new to this negotiating thing?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by ybn1197 »

The man raises his one eyebrow while looking Simoni up and done, measuring the priest. "You get to live and we get your belongings. Sounds like one hell of a deal to me. We could just leave your corpses here and still take your things." He gives you a less than genuine smile. "Course, that wouldn't be negotiating then now would it."

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#268 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic keeps his hand on his sword hilt. Waiting for Simoni to either talk our way out of this, or give the signal to defend.
In the case of defense, Pyrrhic will close into the first rank, hoping to immediately kill the leader.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#269 Post by kalstone »

"Look," Simoni says, "can't we all agree that the real enemy here are these unfortunate spirits doomed to wander these passages. Oh, like that one there." He points to the passage behind the leader.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by ybn1197 »

kalstone wrote:"Look," Simoni says, "can't we all agree that the real enemy here are these unfortunate spirits doomed to wander these passages. Oh, like that one there." He points to the passage behind the leader.
Give me a D20 roll. Roll under your CHA.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#271 Post by kalstone »

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by ybn1197 »

The bandit leader tenses and turns to look behind him. As their leader turns, the brigands with him turn as well only to see nothing out of the ordinary.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#273 Post by kalstone »

Simoni draws his sling and fires a stone at the leader while shouting the battle cry of St. Ygg, "I can't believe you fell for that!"

To hit: [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10, damage with sling: [1d4] = 2

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#274 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic steps forward, sword at the ready, striking into the leader.

"There is no such thing as sport. There is gold, there is honor, and there is death. I will not lose my gold by force, I can not give you honor that you do not have, but when you threaten those that travel with me the only thing you will receive is death."

To hit with Longsword: [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15, damage: [1d8+1] = 6+1 = 7

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by ybn1197 »

Bronn steps forward, "You want my sword so much, have it." He swings his sword but the leader is able to move out of the way just in time.

Bronn: Attack [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11 Damage [1d10+2] = 7+2 = 9

Peaches rolls up her sleeves and makes a few gestures before pointing at one of the brigands who ignites in flames, falling to the ground flailing.

Claude lunges forward with his spear, but trips on one of the flagstones missing his intended target.

Claude: Attack [1d20] = 2 Damage: [1d6] = 4

Pyrrhic swings with his Longsword, slicing into the leader of the group while Simoni slings a bullet which goes wide of any intended target.

End of surprise round. Actions?
Last edited by ybn1197 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by Zhym »

Milo tries to use the confusion of battle so slink into the shadows.

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#277 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic swings his sword around, bringing it back in an overhead-arc down towards the leader the group.
To hit with Longsword: [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18, damage: [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4

"You came here looking for easy prey, and instead you've found your doom. If you flee now, I won't track down those of you live. If you stay, I will not rest until each and everyone one of you is dead."

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#278 Post by kalstone »

Simoni lets fly with another errant sling stone.

To hit: [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5, damage with sling: [1d4] = 4

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Stirling »

Grigg

Looking at the map (posted on page 5) it looks like we don't have a lot of room to fight in the corridor. And Grigg is in the room opposite the portcullis. He will step out, draw his longsword and stab at any zombies reaching and grasping through the bars.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by ybn1197 »

Bronn merely grunts with frustration before hefting his sword and swinging it at the leader of the brigands, receiving satisfaction as his blade comes away bloody.
Bronn: Attack [1d20+2] = 20+2 = 22 Damage: [1d10+2] = 2+2 = 4

Pyrrhic swings his sword around, bringing it back in an overhead-arc down towards the leader the group bring the man down to his knees.
"You came here looking for easy prey, and instead you've found your doom. If you flee now, I won't track down those of you live. If you stay, I will not rest until each and everyone one of you is dead."

Peaches, trying to conserve her last spell, pulls her dagger and prepares to defend herself.

Claude tries forward with his spear again, slicing into one of the brigands before he could jump to the side.
Claude: Attack [1d20] = 15 Damage: [1d6] = 1

Milo uses the confusion of the battle and slinks into the shadows.

Simoni lets fly with another errant sling stone.

Grigg steps out of the crypt room, draw his longsword and stab at any zombies reaching and grasping through the bars.

The brigand leader spits a gob of blood on the floor and then pounces forward swinging at Pyrrhic but his sword only connects with the warrior's shield.
Brigand Leader: Attack [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13 Damage [1d8+2] = 8+2 = 10

Brigand#1 :: Bronn miss
Brigand: Attack [1d20] = 8 Damage [1d6] = 6
Brigand#2 :: Bronn miss
Brigand: Attack [1d20] = 3 Damage [1d6] = 4
Brigand#3 :: Claude miss
Brigand: Attack [1d20] = 3 Damage [1d6] = 1

Round 2. Actions?

Return to “Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)”