The Oracle

Odin One Eye
Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

The Oracle

#1 Post by Odin One Eye »

A blind old man sits in the center of the market with his empty goblet. As you approach him he extends his goblet forth and says:

"Greetings oh great traveller! Knowledge travels easily to these old ears. What is it that you wish to know today?"

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Oracle

#2 Post by Stirling »

Flynn lopes into the market square.

It had been a long but uneventful morning. Breakfasting early on some farmers freshly poached eggs and an old scrawny chicken, grabbed by its legs from a run down coup and neck quickly wrung. Flynn had found a wayside copse and cooked up. He had tried conversing with some finely dressed travelling crusader, but the man just stoically passed him by. A man on a mission not doubt, Flynn had reasoned. Missions meant coinage though and often cleavage too. He doubted many of these 'godsworn' kept their vestial vows once away from cloistered life. Flynn had saddled up and trailed the man to the edge of town but lost him soon after.

He twirled Hazel around. An ageing palomino circus pony, she was used to the crowds and could dance on a silver piece. He heard the beggarman rattle his goblet as he approached. From atop the pony Flynn spoke down to him, patting Hazel on the neck."Great traveller indeed. I could tell you of sand so heated it has turned into a glass sea, moutains whose peaks pierce the clouds and bearded women with three breasts. Your knowledgeable stories will have to be good for me to fill your cup old man."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Dram »

Dram comes wandering out of the shadows seeing the gentlemen on the pony address the old man. Good sir, I would like to hear the Ol'man stories as I am looking for adventure. Bearded women with 3 breasts that would something to see. Dram tosses a gold coin into the old mans cup.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Odin One Eye »

Stirling wrote:Flynn lopes into the market square.

It had been a long but uneventful morning. Breakfasting early on some farmers freshly poached eggs and an old scrawny chicken, grabbed by its legs from a run down coup and neck quickly wrung. Flynn had found a wayside copse and cooked up. He had tried conversing with some finely dressed travelling crusader, but the man just stoically passed him by. A man on a mission not doubt, Flynn had reasoned. Missions meant coinage though and often cleavage too. He doubted many of these 'godsworn' kept their vestial vows once away from cloistered life. Flynn had saddled up and trailed the man to the edge of town but lost him soon after.

He twirled Hazel around. An ageing palomino circus pony, she was used to the crowds and could dance on a silver piece. He heard the beggarman rattle his goblet as he approached. From atop the pony Flynn spoke down to him, patting Hazel on the neck."Great traveller indeed. I could tell you of sand so heated it has turned into a glass sea, moutains whose peaks pierce the clouds and bearded women with three breasts. Your knowledgeable stories will have to be good for me to fill your cup old man."
Roll % dice for me please and post the results..

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Odin One Eye »

Dram wrote:Dram comes wandering out of the shadows seeing the gentlemen on the pony address the old man. Good sir, I would like to hear the Ol'man stories as I am looking for adventure. Bearded women with 3 breasts that would something to see. Dram tosses a gold coin into the old mans cup.
The old man thanks you!

Roll % please and record the results for us to see.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Dram »

Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Odin One Eye »

The old man says "Beware there is an ancient Evil in the old temple on the outskirts of the village. Also if you see the wizard Nemnoth approach him humbly!"

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Stirling »

Flynn

Flynn is surprised to see a drow elf appear, more so in the midday sun and in a civilised place. A quiet backwater maybe with the usual 'bumpkins and hillbillies', but certainly Flynn wasn't expecting to meet a drow.

"Evil and temples should be your thing dark one.". Flynn begins to circle Hazel around the pair of them, unsure if the mushrooms he ate had a bit extra hallucinogenic nature in them."The circus used to dye up an old elf and put a silver wig on him. Inside a pantomime spider he would circle the ringside shooting candy floss webs at the kids until seven midget gnomes came to club him senseless and pull the legs off the spider. Then he would disappear in a puff of malevolent smoke."He stops Hazel and she retreat steps a few paces,"seems like we both journey the road less travelled.". (a phrase to mean being found in a strange place).

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hagar watches as a dark skinned elf and another man speak to the oracle curious sights. Then the barbarian a tall man with red heir a great beard carrying, axes, a spear and dagger wearing leathers and furs walks up to the oracle as it appears his turn. "Great seer. What is it you see for me in my journey that lies ahead?" he asks as he places couple gold pieces into the cup.

Percentage rolls [1d100] = 44
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by ravenn4544 »

Simanne lumbers up to the oracle and places gold into the cup "Moradin's Blessing be upon thee, seer. A quest to seek and sunder the evil in these parts have I undertaken. What words of wisdom can you spare?"

[1d100] = 57
Last edited by ravenn4544 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Odin One Eye »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hagar watches as a dark skinned elf and another man speak to the oracle curious sights. Then the barbarian a tall man with red heir a great beard carrying, axes, a spear and dagger wearing leathers and furs walks up to the oracle as it appears his turn. "Great seer. What is it you see for me in my journey that lies ahead?" he asks as he places couple gold pieces into the cup.

Percentage rolls [1d100] = 44
The old man says "Beware there is an ancient Evil in the old temple on the outskirts of the village."

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Odin One Eye »

Stirling wrote:Flynn lopes into the market square.

Roll % please..

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Stirling »

Flynn

% roll= 24%

Flynn eyes the market traders. "Old man, I see you are doing a roaring trade today. The latest gossip and rumours are usually shared over ales and wenches. Tell me more than evil and peril encroaching on the town. Dungeons, dragons and damsels in distress."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Dram »

Dram addresses the little guy on the pony. My mother use to test her new spells on little guys like you. I seen her once turn a person into a 8 legged Stirge with a trolls face. But that was a another life that I left far behind me. I travel in good company these days. The underdark is no longer my home. He turns to the old man. A old temple ya say. I here they hold great treasures and magic. Where do I find this wizard "Nemoth?"
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hagar "Thank you seer. Is there any more wisdom you can give me?" the barbarian drops another gold into the cup. Percentage rolls [1d100] = 44
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Storm11 »

Seeing a group gathering around an old beggar the curious rainbow robed halfling with a long golden topknot of hair and leaning in a broad staff ambles over to the longshanks, bustling his way through the throng of heavily armed warriors. Stopping and gasping as he sees the dark skinned drow the little hobbit makes the sign of the protector and provider and moves around the creature in a wide berth, eying the drow warily.

The halfling leans down and puts his hand upon the blind man's cup. "Whom do you work for we wonders!" the little robed man whispers glancing about. "You 'see' well enough but not with either the first or second sight perhaps. A coin for the rumours you have heard here abouts, of this dark temple ruin you are so eager for strangers to seek! Why do you wish us to venture there?"
Greys Campaign.

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Odin One Eye »

Stirling wrote:Flynn

% roll= 24%

Flynn eyes the market traders. "Old man, I see you are doing a roaring trade today. The latest gossip and rumours are usually shared over ales and wenches. Tell me more than evil and peril encroaching on the town. Dungeons, dragons and damsels in distress."
He says "Beware there is an ancient Evil in the old temple on the outskirts of the village."

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Odin One Eye »

Dram wrote:Dram addresses the little guy on the pony. My mother use to test her new spells on little guys like you. I seen her once turn a person into a 8 legged Stirge with a trolls face. But that was a another life that I left far behind me. I travel in good company these days. The underdark is no longer my home. He turns to the old man. A old temple ya say. I here they hold great treasures and magic. Where do I find this wizard "Nemoth?"
The old man peers up towards you and says "A mighty and wise mage is Nemnoth! He travels the world observing and recording history and such. His location is unknown to me.."

Having said that, the old man picks up his belongings and leaves the market..

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Stirling »

Flynn

Flynn shakes his head at the old man's words of wisdom. "well his show is over, I hope your coin is well spent."Flynn will look for an inn and stabling for Hazel.

Where are we? Hommlet, quiet village or bustling town? What can we see around us, taverns, churches, merchant

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hagar - Human - Barbarian shrugs as the oracle heads off and continues on to the village.

Return to “Odin's 1E Greyhawk Campaign”