[OBSOLETE] The Pharaoh's Arena

smiler666
Strider
Strider

Re: The Pharaoh's Arena (PvP battles)

#21 Post by smiler666 »

I've mostly made him, just waiting on a few questions to Starbeard. When he comes online tomorrow (my time, no idea what time that is in England, I've given up trying to keep track of time zones) morning, I'll be able to post up my general.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Starbeard »

Both of your generals are approved! Haven't heard back from LordVyktor about the battle yet, so I'm assuming he's too busy to join in at the moment. We'll wait until Wednesday to see if anyone else wants in, and then I'll send you your mission briefs and maps.

Thanks to Smiler's questions, I've made a little cheat sheet to summarize the basic rules for giving commands. I've put it into the main scenario post, but here it is for good measure:

How to Issue Orders:
  • In direct contact: roll your LD or the unit captain's LD (1D6, need ≤LD). Pass = OK, Fail = order delayed until next turn.
  • Within 6" and with line of sight/hearing: roll the unit captain's LD or your LD-1. Pass = order received, Fail = GM rolls again to see if 1-3) delayed, 4-5) misinterpreted, 6) ignored/unable to comply. The delay may be 1, 2 or even 3 turns. If the unit has no captain, switch 'misinterpreted' and 'ignored'.
  • Communicating indirectly (message/signal): when the message arrives, roll as above, except your LD is at -2.
  • Yes, you can use subordinate commanders (as in, 'Hey, you! Take this order and go make sure all of those units over there get the message!').
  • You can set up a strict chain of command in your roster—for example, make one captain the commanding officer of several other units/captains. That way you can give orders to one captain, who will relay it to those in his command, and so on.
Also: After you purchase your captains, roll 1D3 and assign that as the LD of any one of your captains. Keep doing that until all of your captains have an LD value.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Starbeard »

The stage has been set!

The Army of Satrap Astelax
Led by the Foot of the Satrap, marshal-general of the Satrap's personal army (smiler666)

The Exiled Army of Brielsunat
Led by a captain of some renown (lordfalco)

I will PM each of you with a big map, starting locations, etc. As soon as both sides are happy with their army list and starting orders, we'll begin.

The Theatre of War: Northwest Hikuptah, between Odawal and the Tincha Ridges
Scenario1MapSmall.png
Scenario1MapSmall.png (264.19 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#24 Post by lordfalco »

for the captain price it said x10, this emans a human with say a sword is 23? (20 captain, 2 human 1 sword?) or 21? or 30?
please bear with me, im dyslectic and a non native english person.
there can be typo's and grammar mistakes:(

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Starbeard »

lordfalco wrote:for the captain price it said x10, this emans a human with say a sword is 23? (20 captain, 2 human 1 sword?) or 21? or 30?
It's x10 from the basic person cost only.

So a human = 2 pts, a human captain = 20 points.
Mounts and equipment are bought separately.

I've just noticed that there's no cost listed for making chariot captains. If you want to make a chariot captain, pay +20 points (think of it like buying a single human captain and putting him in the chariot).

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Starbeard »

Scenario update: Details for both leaders have been established:

The Foot of the Satrap is Archibald Tygan, a cunning, powerfully built man with a proud and noble lineage. The mere sound of his voice shakes his troops into actions.

The rebels are led by Jeronimo, the infamous Ratman mercenary warlord, known for his aggressive, violent reputation and ruthless cunning on the battlefield.

Both sides should mark their opponents reputations well.

I believe the rebels have their army list finished. Once I get the list from the Satrap's army, and both sides have sent me their opening troop placements on the map, we'll start.
Last edited by Starbeard on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#27 Post by lordfalco »

i ahve lds to roll and to name my ratman

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Starbeard »

Great, I'll update the profiles.

lordfalco
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by lordfalco »

smiler we still wait for ya

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Starbeard »

I've sent him a PM to see if he's still in. If I don't hear back we'll see if someone else wants to take the spot, and if not then I can just NPC the army if you want.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Starbeard »

Well I haven't heard back from smiler666, so I'm reopening his side for any takers. If no one bites after a week, we'll just play with the Satrap's army as NPCs.

Return to “Heroes of the Oldhammer Age (Warhammer 1ed)”