Action Thread 11

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 11

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – early afternoon -

In honor of Thread #11 we should all remember that Christopher Guest goes to 11!

HPs: Jeloon - 22/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 15/19; Derek - 32/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (15 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-0/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 11

#2 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Two great movies right there. But you mean Christopher Guest, yes? ;) I guess it would have been too obvious to give Eugene Levy's character eleven toes in Best in Show? Giving him two left feet (Left Left, which could be written as "LL", which could be written as "ll" ... or "11") is the next best thing!

(Whoah. Did I just come up with that??)

Till will do nothing but watch over the two companions until the paralysis wears off, making sure no harm comes to them. Once that happens, though, and everyone is fully recovered, he'll suggest checking out the last building before moving on to the tower.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Argennian »

Yosef keeps his bow to hand and an arrow at the ready, eyes vigilantly scowering the tower compound as they wait out the paralysis keeping hold on their companions.

He wonders if they should consider pulling back to the others whilst Jeloon & Derek recover but will defer to Till and Bruard's judgement on that.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by migellito »

Jeloon does her best to refocus her orcish impatience by applying barbarian zen. In her mind she begins going over what they have seen at these ruins so far. She thinks there may be some sort of subterranean entrance under the filth in the old stables, and wonders if fire could make the area safe to check out without burning down the whole building. She continues to move her eyes around, looking at her comrades, so they know she is still awake.

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#5 Post by Vokarius »

Following

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1p

Christopher yes :oops: :lol:

After 45 more minutes :shock: and no further interruptions, Jeloon and Derek are finally able to move. They work the criks out of their necks and bodies and are ready to go.

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; , 40' radius.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by Alethan »

"You two good, then? Let's finish searching this place, shall we?"

Till moves towards the southern most building on the western side of the tower and peeks in the doorway/windows to see what it contains.

"Yosef, get that vial of oil ready, just in case. We're not going to make the same mistake twice here."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Argennian »

Yosef nods business-like to Till. He moves his readied arrow to his bow hand and draws the flask of oil from his belt pouch, preparing to throw it in a jiffy!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#9 Post by Vokarius »

"Gods... no more spiders. Ever. Anything worth anything?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by Alethan »

Vokarius wrote:"Gods... no more spiders. Ever. Anything worth anything?"
"Well... just 47 gold coins, which is a coin for each minute you were laying about on yer back," Till replies with a wink and a smile. "A fair pay for such work!"

He shrugs. "Mayhaps we'll be more lucky with the last building here. Or the tower. Or... maybe there's something in the stables."

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by migellito »

Jeloon spends some time stretching and drinking from her wineskin. "I'm getting to where I really don't like spiders."

She then gets her sword and shield ready again and accompanies Till to the next building.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

And thus we move on to the next building, hoping to not find it infested with more spiders...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:05p

FYI, the one remaining torch you had going sputters to an end. You'll have to light up another if needed.

It doesn't take long to get to the next building which looks a lot like the other you just left. Squat, stone, single entry, two windows. Door lies in ruin on the ground, windows completely shattered out. The main difference is that it's barrel can't be full of anything as it's on it's side, on the ground next to the south wall.

Oh yeah, by the way, you note (just by walking up) that there are small animal bones on the floor and webs up high. By this point everyone is so attuned to it. Someone, no one is quite sure who, let's out a quiet "damn."

Gonna stop you 2 or 3 yards from the entrance again, as it seems appropriate.

Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; , 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Someone, no one is quite sure who, let's out a quiet "damn."
OOC: I'd bet 10 gold coins it was Derek.
rredmond wrote:The main difference is that it's barrel can't be full of anything as it's on it's side, on the ground next to the south wall.
OOC: Er... so maybe we should go back to the other building when we're done and examine the full barrel there. I guess I'd forgotten about it. Anyway...

Also OOC: Till would like to light a new torch off of the old one, just before it goes out, if possible. Much easier than trying to light one with flint and steel.

Till stares at the extinguished torch for a second, then quips, "this stick might still come in handy in just a minute..." He passes the lit torch to Yosef.

"Alright, here's the plan. I'll sneak up to the doorway and pour oil all about the threshold of the door, both inside and just outside. Then Jeloon, Derek, and I will stand about here," he points an arc-shape fanning around the opening, a few feet away from where the oil will be poured, "with swords drawn. Bruard, we'll have you standing ready for healing and to attack any spiders that might try to come out a window. I'll step up and throw the old torch handle at the nests in the ceiling (I'll have the best angle of viewing them from my height) to try and stir the spiders out of it, then immediately step back, ready to attack. If the spiders we suspect are in there come charging out, then Yosef, you throw the lighted torch onto the oil once they're in the doorway and we'll fry them up a bit. How does that sound?"

OOC: If nobody objects, then that will be the plan. I don't like sending an NPC'd character into a fight without them in control, so that's why I kind of took Bruard out of this part. But we still might need him.

"Remember, watch out for those bites. We don't a repeat of the last fight..."

To Hit, Old Torch [1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18

Oh, and this, if necessary...

Initiative [1d6] = 4

(Till would add +3 to that roll if we need it as he steps up to the doorway, as he has a missile weapon at the ready. :) )

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by Vokarius »

Derek readies his sword, hiding its glow behind his shield.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Argennian »

Yosef quickly slings his bow and takes the torch from Till. He'll keep both hands free to ensure that he can competently throw the torch and place it where Till declared as target. He will take a few deep breaths and moves up just behind the arc where Derek, Jeloon and Till will be standing.

He'll plan on holding his action until such time as Till's body language and positioning dictate. "I am ready now, Till," Yosef says calmly, when ready.

OOC: Ron, did Yosef, Till or Bruard see anything at all from the tower or building we're currently at while holding position after the previous melee? Or mayhap anything peeking out at us from the barrel by the front door of the building the party just cleared? :shock:

(Welcome back, man! Game on, indeed! :P )

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#17 Post by Vokarius »

"Stupid spiders." mumbles Derek.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#18 Post by Alethan »

Till quietly (see magical boots) approaches the opening, making sure to not step in the oil. He throws the spent torch at the spiderwebs up in the ceiling and then jumps back.

(the aforementioned To Hit roll...)

To Hit, Old Torch [1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18

Oh, hey, if I need to roll damage... maybe 1d4? It's just a stout stick.

Damage, Spent Torch [1d4] = 3

But I'm happy enough to just stir up any spiders out of the web.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by migellito »

Jeloon stands a few feet back from the oil, at her spot in the arc, with her sword and shield ready.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by rredmond »

Argennian wrote:...
OOC: Ron, did Yosef, Till or Bruard see anything at all from the tower or building we're currently at while holding position after the previous melee? Or mayhap anything peeking out at us from the barrel by the front door of the building the party just cleared? :shock:
nope, still and quiet.... very quiet we're huntin' wabbits, er spiders...

Arg wrote:(Welcome back, man! Game on, indeed! :P )
Thanks! These games keep me sane!!!

@Al - darn you and those boots... see PM...

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”