Re: Action Thread 11

#61 Post by migellito »

"I say we move on to the tower."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#62 Post by Alethan »

Till nods in agreement. Then he slowly makes his way to the tower entrance.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#63 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard is in agreement that we should head to the tower next.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

Till searches the entrance to the tower, looking for rings.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Argennian »

Yosef looks to the other party members immediately after dispatching the spider to see if anyone was bitten or injured. "Friend Bruard, you are injured. Perhaps you should call upon mighty Shinare to address your wounds before we proceed?"

The elf cleans the spider goo off his sword and sheaths it. He'll move over and recover the still-burning torch that missed the oil ( :roll: ) and hand it back to Till. If Till directs him to either put the torch out or hand it to another party member, he'll do so.
(~ If no party member wants to carry the torch but we still want to have it lit, Yosef will set it down nearby.)

"If given the opportunity to do so, I would wish to recover my spells before we proceed, friends, but I will go with and accept the majority vote here. It would indeed be good to know if the tower is secure before we rest our entire party within the compound. It would also afford us a much better view of the surrounding area. By the way, that was my last vial of oil. Does anyone else have some?"

Yosef will take up his bow and ready an arrow, keeping a vigilant eye on Till as he moves forward and the tower in general.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#66 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:Yosef looks to the other party members immediately after dispatching the spider to see if anyone was bitten or injured. "Friend Bruard, you are injured. Perhaps you should call upon mighty Shinare to address your wounds before we proceed?"
Bruard takes a moment to look himself over and realizes that, indeed, he is quite injured. You are right, friend Yosef. Let's pause for a moment, while I call upon the help of the great and glorious Shinare.

He sets his shield and mace down and begins to pray.
Cure light wounds: [1d8] = 8

He collects his thoughts, feels the goodness flow through his veins, then reopens his eyes. Yosef, I have a pint of lamp oil. Let's all keep that in mind in case we need another.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:11p

Seems like there are two courses of action suggested. Rest or the tower. Let me know. Thanks!

Everyone prepares and Bruard casts Cure Light.

Updated HPs below.

HPs: Jeloon - 22/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 15/19; Derek - 32/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-0/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by Alethan »

Three voted for the tower, so that's what we'll do. If it seems like we might be getting in over our heads without Yosef's spells, we'll retreat back to camp and try again the next day.

So... on to the tower.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:22p

As the muppets say, moving right along...

You guys, and gal, sidle up to the tower. Eyes peeled for danger.

The main structure within the outpost complex is clearly this tower. It is approximately 30’ tall and made of stone and pretty featureless. A wooden canopy serves as a cover to an open roof area. A pair of solid wood doors hang open and serve as the only entry. There are no windows or arrow slits on the tower.

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by Alethan »

Till, holding the lighted torch he received back from Yosef in his left hand and his shining short sword in his right, approaches the doors (inward swing or outward swing?). He cautiously steps into the tower, holding the torch high and in front of him. Once in the doorway, he looks up and to the sides to make sure there is nothing lurking or waiting for him. If all looks clear, he'll wave the others on to follow him in.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:23p

The inside is stark and as featureless as the out. It's empty except for a winding staircase (along the inside of the wall) that leads up to a sort of hole in the ceiling. It's pretty dark, but the gaps in that wooden roof show through the hole in the ceiling. The winding stairs end at the ceiling about 20' up, there's an 8' square wide or so hole that the stairs provide access to the next level.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by Alethan »

Till slides his short sword into its sheath and begins examining the stairs carefully for traps as he makes his way up them.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#73 Post by migellito »

Jeloon follows Till up the stairs, sword and shield ready. She whispers "prod the stairs afore you step."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

Till nods and makes that a part of his examination, as well.

He will first examine stairs, looking to see if any have more dust on them than the others. He'll also visually check to see if any step appears to be higher or lower than the steps before or after it. Then he'll examine the wall near the stair for any indentations or signs that a projectile may issue forth with the triggering of a trap. Then he'll use the tip of his sword (so he does pull it back out, then) to try and gently lift the step before using the sword to gently prod the step. Then he'll move on to the next one.

The visual height difference check can be done many steps ahead, as taking in the "bigger picture" would more easily show a difference in height, anyway.

"Please keep an eye out above us for any more of those spiders, if you would, Jeloon. I'll be concentrating on checking for traps here (and secret compartments in the stairs, even) and won't be able to do both."

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by migellito »

Jeloon watches ahead, keeping an eye on the opening at the top of the steps.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Argennian »

migellito wrote:Jeloon watches ahead, keeping an eye on the opening at the top of the steps.
Yosef moves into the tower, bow to hand and arrow nocked, to cover Till and Jeloon as they begin to careful make their way up the stairs. He scans the entire base of the tower and will then keep a bead on the opening at the top. If he sees anything suspicious or any movement at all, he'll call out and let fly!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:... he'll call out and let fly!
Pulled out the jammy, aimed it at the sky
He yelled, "Stick 'em up!" and let two fly

RIP, MCA. :(

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:26p
Round Surprise

Till carefully makes his way up the stairway, checking for any abnormalities. But Jeloon doesn’t get but a few steps onto the stairs, when no one is surprised that a spider comes out of the opening. What is surprising though is that this is much bigger than the other spiders you’ve seen, about the size of Jeloon, and has two aggressive looking forelegs that are lighter in color than the other legs and end in a rather sharp looking point.

The spider comes barreling down the steps toward Till. Due to the narrowness of the stairs the spider is half on the wall as it heads straight for Till.

I’m only calling this a surprise round because Yosef can definitely loose his arrow before the spider attacks. I’ll allow Jeloon to attack around Till in Round 1 (due to the size of the spider and the way it has to come down the stairs) but she’ll only get one attack. I’ll take called actions from everyone and Yosef can get that shot off right away.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Argennian »

As soon as Yosef sees movement and the massive arachnid come into view, he cries out and lets fly with his nocked arrow. "Look out above!"

To Hit: shortbow (short range):
[1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=4756

Arrow damage vs large spider:
[1d6] = 3

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=4757

OOC: Ron, I know it doesn't matter for arrows, but is this spider considered large size?

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#80 Post by Alethan »

A halfling with a glowing short sword battles a giant spider... now why does that sound familiar? Too bad Frodo didn't have a crew backing him up!

Assuming you want an initiative roll...

Initiative [1d6] = 4

Till wants to clear off the stairs and draw the spider down so that all can attack him... is there a way to do that without opening him up to an extra attack? Is he not far enough up the stairs that he can simply hop off of them and back up to a wall? Or... what?

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”