INTRO: Meeting with the Council

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: INTRO: Meeting with the Council

#181 Post by wolfpack »

You think the mayor knew there were brigands in the house before he sent us? You think he or the rest of the council is involved?

Jervis nods enthusiasticaly when Jonas mentions weapons and a spear.

yes, yes, a spear is an excelent weapon, but I will definatley need a sword. My preference is a 2-handed sword but they may not have one in this small town.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

"I'm not so sure the mayor knew about the smugglers. I would like to think not, but something is definitely off and odd. When we return to the manor-house, we must be extra vigilant. They probably will know that we have been there, and they may try to ambush us. We need to make sure we are well stocked up on supplies: rope, oil, iron spikes, etc. I think our next outing will last more than one day. We need to be prepared. I plan to visit the herbologist, Tante Yvana, to see if she might have any healing herbs on hand. Hopefully we won't need them, but I want to have them if things become dire."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Urson »

Alec

Alec sits quietly, munching on an onion he scrounged somewhere. I agree about Short Jack- his vein does not run true. I wish we knew someone who could follow him- perhaps spy on him in his home.
I cannot justify, but I do not tink the priestess was 'up to' anyting. At most, she may haff been doing a seeing to hear de truth of our story.
FA FO

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#184 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

Mm-hmm, LOTS of oil.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben agrees with the observations of the group and how things are somehow peculiar among the Council. "I think we better keep a close eye out and stick together a bit from here on out... what do we do about our missing friends?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#186 Post by OGRE MAGE »

At some point in time, either before or after your lunch on the farm, Jervis is able to schmooze off the contraband for over 100 gold pieces. It's only slightly more than half of what it is worth, but he takes the deal knowing it is fair for both sides. He gives 50 gold to Doubtful for his hospitality and knowing that he didn't take money for the stirges.

Jonas also meets up with his moms creepy boyfriend to collect the remainder of that money. He quietly splits it six ways, knowing better than to even include the farmer in on the conversation of the division.

This gives Doubtful 50 pieces of "guilt free" gold and the remaining pool is split 6 ways giving everyone else 53gp each. (in addition to what you've already got) This new gold is just what you need to grab some of those nifty equipment list items that you have always wanted.

Treasure and stuff is tracked here.

Please speak up if you have any issues with this gold distribution.

And the conversation continues......

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by wolfpack »

Does anyone know what hapened to the orc? I thought he would meet us back in town.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by wolfpack »

After the dinner Jervis heads to the barracks where he will stay and train. he will be taking chain mail, and shield, a long sword, and a sling and bullets.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Urson »

Alec will be bunking with the guards, also.
FA FO

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

"If that is all that needs to be discussed, then I shall take my leave. I would like to pick up some equipment before we embark. Thank you for your kind hospitality, Master Doubtful. When shall we meet up again?

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#191 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

The council wants to meet back up in two days so we can meet at the council chambers early morning in two days. I already mentioned to them we need to meet early morning so that when we set off we will have plenty of daylight. Watch yourselves. Word has likely started getting out who it is who has already been causing trouble so they may seek to pick us off when we are split up and more vulnerable. Keep eyes and ears out for anything that may help us in this but do not be obvious about seeking information. We can't afford to draw more attention to ourselves. And speak to no one of our plans or our actions so far. Be safe and get a good night's sleep the night before we leave, everyone. Thank you.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben will head to Tortugas (new equipment in hand) and look for some work for the next day or two.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by hedgeknight »

Burly thanks Doubtful for the hospitality and then heads to the old tower, hoping to begin his studies and to have his books identified.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#194 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I have noticed that, although some of the players are really enjoying the side threads, other players haven't been using them as much. This makes me want to move the action along to the next meeting so we can get everyone back involved in this game again. I would hate to lose interest from good players because of the lack of action on my part.

For those of you still involved with side thread action, please feel free to continue until it has been concluded. I hope that the time differential won't throw anybody off too badly. Thanks for understanding my concern to keep things moving in the main action thread. I really appreciate the extra effort that you as players are putting into this game. It makes it a lot more fun for me doing all of this work when players are exited and want to continue.

Did you want to have a pre-meeting outside the hall as you did before? If so, please go ahead and begin.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by wolfpack »

Jervis will show up bright and early the next morning. His new chain mail, shield, helm, and sword polished and shiney.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#196 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

People are showing up early- good. Look at all of you. This is starting to look like quite the formidable crew.

To Jervis, We want the equal division of treasure as we stumble through this work- especially the magical items. It serves to make the entire group stronger and safer as well as simply being fair. You have the dagger and the ring and I am hoping you will give one to someone else in the group. One option is I could use that ring. If you want to keep the ring then our sneak or one of our arcane casters could certainly benefit from the dagger. Please consider this. And you do cut quite the martial figure in that armor.

To Alec, This packet comes from the sheaf of papers that were just translated, papers that were found you know where. I think these will benefit you particularly. Please study these as I think it will help us in our mission.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by wolfpack »

Jervis looks confused.

dagger? You think it may be magical? I have no desire for a dagger, i have Grimstooth.

he proudly holds forth his new long sword.

he pulls the assassins dagger from his pouch and hands it to whoever reaches for it first.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Urson »

Alec
The dwarf chuckles, a sound like pebbles rattling in a wooden bucket.
I could study them from now until Stone splits, but they wouldn't do me a bit of good. I can't read, my friend.
FA FO

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

The young cleric arrives early, dressed in chainmail and equipped quite differently then from when he was last seen. He greets the others and whispers to Doubtul, "Hello, friend. I have been waiting to speak with you. Yesterday, I struck a bargain with the herbalist, Tante Yvana, and received some medicinal items that might prove beneficial to our journey. As part of our bargain, I had to venture into the marshes. While here, I came across an abandoned campsite. There were footprints...in the mud... bipedal, three-toed tracks... Needless to say, I immediately departed. I have never seen such footprints. I know you are familiar with the ways of beasts and animals. Might you know what left such markings?"

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#200 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

Look at that finery! Doubtful admires the new set of chainmail armor.

Having Keilif explain in detail what he saw and asking questions to clarify, Doubtful suddenly freezes and excitedly whispers,

Sacré bleu! Those are lizard man tracks! What are we getting into?

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”