OOC Lounge

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC Lounge

#61 Post by SterlingBlake »

Tamerlaine wrote:Hey guys. What a time I had. Took a while to get to this point. After having quadruple open heart surgery, I had complications twice that sent me back to the hospital. I don't know where this game is at right now so I'm going to take this moment to ask for a roll call and a yes/no if you want to pick up where we left off.
Hi Dave, glad you're back and I hope you're doing well.

I've been enjoying the game so far and I'm up for continuing where we left off. That is, if you want to continue. I would completely understand if you would rather not dedicate the time and energy to this right now. You definitely are forgiven if you prefer not to continue with this.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Tamerlaine »

Haven't heard from Abegrey so I'm not sure what to do about Deldo. My only idea is to restart the game with the characters back at the village after successfully killing the rats. Deldo's bite turned into a nasty infection (disease) and is bedridden for a good while. In the meantime, the party can either recruit another fighter (I can put an ad on the boards) or hire a NPC (played by me) fighter.

Myself, I'm partial to the group hiring an NPC. I don't want to run the risk of having a large party if we recruit another player and later Abegrey wants back in. An NPC can be let go (maybe turns into a villain seeking revenge, muhawaha!),

Let me know what you think.

mumble
Strider
Strider

#63 Post by mumble »

I'm sure we'll all be comfortable with whatever you decide.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#64 Post by SterlingBlake »

Tamerlaine wrote:Haven't heard from Abegrey so I'm not sure what to do about Deldo. My only idea is to restart the game with the characters back at the village after successfully killing the rats. Deldo's bite turned into a nasty infection (disease) and is bedridden for a good while. In the meantime, the party can either recruit another fighter (I can put an ad on the boards) or hire a NPC (played by me) fighter.

Myself, I'm partial to the group hiring an NPC. I don't want to run the risk of having a large party if we recruit another player and later Abegrey wants back in. An NPC can be let go (maybe turns into a villain seeking revenge, muhawaha!),

Let me know what you think.
I'm fine with any approach, but if Abe hasn't come back and your preference is for an NPC fighter to join, I think the simple answer is to just make Deldo an NPC and continue from right where we were.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#65 Post by Jack »

SterlingBlake wrote:I'm fine with any approach, but if Abe hasn't come back and your preference is for an NPC fighter to join, I think the simple answer is to just make Deldo an NPC and continue from right where we were.
NPC Deldo may die tho. If Deldo rests in town, he's more likely to survive until/if Abe comes back.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#66 Post by SterlingBlake »

Jack wrote:
SterlingBlake wrote:I'm fine with any approach, but if Abe hasn't come back and your preference is for an NPC fighter to join, I think the simple answer is to just make Deldo an NPC and continue from right where we were.
NPC Deldo may die tho. If Deldo rests in town, he's more likely to survive until/if Abe comes back.
That's a good point. I'm fine with whatever arrangement suits the DM.

I PM'ed Abe on RPGGeek yesterday to see if he was interested in rejoining, but he hasn't replied although I can see that he has logged on today.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by Tamerlaine »

SterlingBlake wrote:
Jack wrote:
That's a good point. I'm fine with whatever arrangement suits the DM.

I PM'ed Abe on RPGGeek yesterday to see if he was interested in rejoining, but he hasn't replied although I can see that he has logged on today.
Thanks for trying to reach him. I'll give it another day to give him a chance to chime in. After that, we'll start with the reboot.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#68 Post by SterlingBlake »

Tamerlaine wrote:Thanks for trying to reach him. I'll give it another day to give him a chance to chime in. After that, we'll start with the reboot.
No response to my PM, so I think Abe's not planning to rejoin.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#69 Post by Jack »

How do we recover lost HP: long rest, short rest, other?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by Tamerlaine »

Jack wrote:How do we recover lost HP: long rest, short rest, other?
House Rule=1 hp recovered with each long rest (uninterrupted) plus Constitution bonus. For example, your character takes a long rest and has a +1 Const modifier, your characters gains 2 hp back.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#71 Post by SterlingBlake »

So where in the Flanaess are we?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Tamerlaine »

Still working on that

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by Tamerlaine »

Let's be mindful that players need to post something every couple of days.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by Tamerlaine »

Haven't heard from herostyle/Alfri since I logged back after my surgery. I hope everything is well with him yet we need to face the idea that he's gone from this game. Everyone else consider if they are comfortable with a group of 3 players plus a NPC.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#75 Post by SterlingBlake »

herostyle wrote:
Tamerlaine wrote:Hey guys. What a time I had. Took a while to get to this point. After having quadruple open heart surgery, I had complications twice that sent me back to the hospital. I don't know where this game is at right now so I'm going to take this moment to ask for a roll call and a yes/no if you want to pick up where we left off.
Holy shit... I'm glad you're still with us and hope you don't end up with further issues. I think we left off mid-battle so I'm good with starting up wherever, if that means back in the fight or rebooting things from a different point.
He hasn't logged on since Jan 31 here, but he's been active on RPGGeek. I've PMed him to see if he's coming back.

herostyle
Squire
Squire

#76 Post by herostyle »

My notifications for this site stopped working. I used to get emails when there were new posts but I haven't seen anything in a while. Sorry about that. I'm still interested.
Keep of Shadows (S&W Core)
Alfri von Drach - Lawful Cleric of Pelor (1), HP: 6/6, AC 5

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#77 Post by SterlingBlake »

herostyle wrote:My notifications for this site stopped working. I used to get emails when there were new posts but I haven't seen anything in a while. Sorry about that. I'm still interested.
Great! Glad you're still playing.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by Tamerlaine »

SterlingBlake wrote:
herostyle wrote:My notifications for this site stopped working. I used to get emails when there were new posts but I haven't seen anything in a while. Sorry about that. I'm still interested.
Great! Glad you're still playing.
As well as I. Let's get to it!

mumble
Strider
Strider

#79 Post by mumble »

Sorry for my slow posting everyone. There's renovations happening in the house and the last week has been a dusty one, especially in our study. I'll hopefully be able to contribute more in the coming week, once the builders have cleared out of this portion of the house.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by Tamerlaine »

If the party is waiting for dawn, the party will need to camp overnight. Will there be a fire? What is the watch rotation?

Return to “Keep of Shadows (S&W Core)”