OOC Discussion 2

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Discussion 2

#561 Post by bobloblah »

I'm a little confused. If it was 50 minutes (i.e., 5 Turns) after exploring the training dummies, why wasn't resting mentioned before we left? I'm also confused about where we are based on the descriptions... have we made it back to the large hall?
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#562 Post by bobloblah »

Oh, and regardless, I say we talk to the orcs. Who speaks Bestial? Ranulf? Maybe keep the war-masks handy... they can have their first "field-test"...
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#563 Post by Stirling »

Quinn speaks Bestial and has a mask but I figured reaching to get it out would just created an opportunity for the orcs. But Ranulf can come parley if their leader steps forward no problem.
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#564 Post by bobloblah »

Hey, I have no problem if Quinn wants to talk to them. I just didn't know he speaks Bestial..
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#565 Post by drpete »

bobloblah wrote:I'm a little confused. If it was 50 minutes (i.e., 5 Turns) after exploring the training dummies, why wasn't resting mentioned before we left? I'm also confused about where we are based on the descriptions... have we made it back to the large hall?
I asked about which people were going in the room (as several people were doing things in the room with the dummies), and everyone decided to finish investigating and go south down the hallway. You're allowed to press on without resting, as your seemed eager to do. As you start to go south, the double doors north of you open up and there are orcs there.

Mechanically, during the rest turn there was going to be a wandering monster. You just happen to be in the hallway at the time.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#566 Post by bobloblah »

Okay. Did I miss a warning about the 5-turn mark? You were mentioning it before, but I just wanna know if we need to be "watching the clock" now, so to speak...
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#567 Post by drpete »

I can mention it going forward, sure. We were at 43 minutes before investigating the room. I was asking who else was investigating the room when it was decided to press on, so I rolled with it. Your rest would have been interrupted here, in any case.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#568 Post by sulldawga »

Can we make it the default that we always rest after five turns?
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#569 Post by drpete »

Sure. In the past, there was a tendency or desire to "hole up" in a defensible spot when the rest turn came. Do you want to do a default "rest wherever we are" or just have a default warning?

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#570 Post by bobloblah »

Warning, please. Then we can look at our map and decide.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#571 Post by Dogma »

to be fair to drpete, he does list the time since we last rested in the header info in each of his in game posts. I think it should fall on us to keep an eye on that and tell him when and where we want to rest...

he's already providing the info, we need to be responsible to manage it.
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#572 Post by bobloblah »

Okay. My feeling is that he's already managing time, and is, hence, aware of where we're at on the 5-Turn clock. Me, on the other hand? I have to go back through multiple posts, maybe multiple pages, to try and figure it out every time. It is, ultimately, a game-mechanical artifact - were I my character, I would know when I was tired - and even in face-to-face games I run I manage it for the players because I'm tracking time as the Judge anyway.
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#573 Post by bobloblah »

Well... do we wait here? Try and head around, either east or west? Rest in the old armoury with the door barred and lamps out? Something else?

EDIT: My thought is to rest in the armoury, keep quiet and dark, then proceed to the west (i.e., next door down the central corridor).
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#574 Post by Dogma »

bobloblah wrote:Okay. My feeling is that he's already managing time, and is, hence, aware of where we're at on the 5-Turn clock. Me, on the other hand? I have to go back through multiple posts, maybe multiple pages, to try and figure it out every time. It is, ultimately, a game-mechanical artifact - were I my character, I would know when I was tired - and even in face-to-face games I run I manage it for the players because I'm tracking time as the Judge anyway.
I see where your coming from Personally I don't it as arduous to keep note of it as he puts the info in each actionable post he makes as a DM...a post we need to read to know what's going on.

that said, if drpete is fine with giving us warning I don't want to make an argument over it. :)
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#575 Post by Dogma »

bobloblah wrote:Well... do we wait here? Try and head around, either east or west? Rest in the old armoury with the door barred and lamps out? Something else?

EDIT: My thought is to rest in the armory, keep quiet and dark, then proceed to the west (i.e., next door down the central corridor).
my only concern is that the armory is a dead end that we can get bottle necked in by the door. It's a two edge sword...we can keep them out easier, but they can keep us in easier while getting reinforcements. We could keep quiet and hope they dont check the nearby doors, but it's a risk.

my first choice would be to hustle on down the corridor ( maybe go to the east at the intersection to take us towards the door to the area we already have explored) so they don't know where we are...but we risk running into something else while we are not rested.

next choice would be rest in place, door to our back and an open visible corridor to the south.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#576 Post by sulldawga »

We have four options. Let's vote and get moving.

1. Rest in place
2. Go back into the armory (the east door) and rest there.
3. Go into the room behind the first door to the west and rest there.
4. Go down the corridor to the main intersection, turn east, and rest in one of the rooms the party has previously explored.

I vote for 3.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#577 Post by Dogma »

I vote #4, only because if the orcs do send reinforcements in an attempt to trap us at the double door they would likely come through the room mentioned in #3.
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#578 Post by kalstone »

If we rest in the room to the west, we can spike the door to the north shut. Then, after resting, we could head south to the main hallway and go east to room number 10.
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#579 Post by bobloblah »

Tough choice. I think I'm going to go with Sulldawga and Solaine: #3
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#580 Post by Dogma »

good point ...I'm good with #3 then...