Halo nods his agreement that he is ready to the wizard driving
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Act VI The Tower of Devral

#262 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:

The young hobbit's eyes widen at the opportunity to see a war council of spiritses and giant eagles and sky monkeys!

Then he notices Mira and says, "There, there, m'lady. Please don't cry. Perhaps the Mayor escaped. In fact, I'm sure he did."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#263 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar speaks telepathically to the Great Eagle...show me the way to Tchitchi-Kwaaka, so the Skyfish will know the direction.

Let us make haste to the their camp, this Evil is trying to eradicate ALL creatures in this world!!! He bows his head to the Great Eagle.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#264 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wyntar can speak telepathically now? :roll: :P :lol:

As the birdmen begin to take flight, you hear one more thing from the eagles mind. You assume that it must have been a simple thought that he didn't actually mean to convey to you.

All groundlings? None of them in flight? Are they all going to be fighting from the same vessel too? I hope not! One bolt from the giant and they will all be dead and all of our mountainous homes will be forfeit.

The huge and stunning creature takes flight and leads you to the last refuge of the birdmen. Tchitchi-Kwaaka is nothing more than a narrow gully with many ledges. It has a flat bottom, just big enough to land the skyfish.

As you approach, an aarakocra flies up to you with awe and hope in its eyes. Soon, others join him and gather round to greet you. They seem to be directing you in for a landing.

Hotgoblin

#265 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntarwaves to the aarakocra's, nods to them, and tells the skyfish to land them gently on the floor of the gully.

Hello dear friends, this is the Wondrous Skyfish, it's quite amazing isn't it. It has helped us get to all of you. Wyntar gently strokes the metal side and looks admiringly at it. Without her we wouldn't have made it this far! I believe it is time we meet up with the council members to determine the fate of the world!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by Storm11 »

"We could have been here much sooner if we hadn't bothered searching for it. Still
The flying stress we could have succoured wouldn't have been able to shoot lightning from their eyes so I guess a little late isn't too bad a thing. What has occurred whilst we were riding the train?"
the halfling says stoically looking around at the place. He will try and open his sight to the emanations of evil as he goes just incase any last vestiges remain here about.
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:
Storm11 wrote:"We could have been here much sooner if we hadn't bothered searching for it. Still
The flying stress we could have succoured wouldn't have been able to shoot lightning from their eyes so I guess a little late isn't too bad a thing. What has occurred whilst we were riding the train?"
The foolish young hobbit looks at the great, wise, mighty paladin champion with more confusion than usual.

"Beggin' your pardon, Mister Halo sir, if you please. But we haven't been riding a 'train,' whatever that is. We've been riding the sky fish! See?!" he says helpfully as he points to their wondrous chariot.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Storm11 »

"Indeed master Blodget, you just can't see the tracks!" the paladin says softly smiling
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:

Confused, Blodget looked down around his hairy feet for tracks or footprints. "I don't see any tracks, Mister Halo, sir! Perhaps they're magical?! Perhaps you need to want to see them, in order to see them?" Blodget said helpfully. "Oh well."

The hobbit hiked up his thick belt across his ample belly, and walked to Mister Winter to hear more about this council-to-save-the-fate-of-the-world thingy.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Dram »

Xano- Moves off the skyfish and follows Wyntars lead.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#271 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Guided by the birdmen, Wyntar takes you all in for a nice smooth landing and you soon see Kirraka flying in to greet the group. Little by little, every one of this places refugees appear to get a closer look at the heroes and their magical flying vessel. Out of all of the giant eagles, only three remain. You also count only ten aarakocra in total. The casualties in this war have indeed been many.

Kirraka approaches you and speaks.

You have returned friends! And you have found the Skyfish! This is truly a gift from our gods! Now we can surely defeat this black curse of the cloud giant!

He gives the paladin a confused look after his words and unsuccessful search for evil. He then addresses the entire place.

People of Tchitchi-Kwaaka! We must gather with our saviors here to discuss the attack plan on the evil cloud giant and his floating castle.

You are rushed to a meeting place on the ledge that the eagles can perch on. All of the remaining survivors gather around you. The eagles begin by urging an all out attack on the castle as soon as it can be located. Most of the aarakocra seem to agree.

Kirraka speaks again.

The great eagles have told me that the giant and his family used to welcome them to his castle. They say he was a good but reclusive creature, who had never been seen in the company of snow demons or any other evil beasts. However, during the attack on their aerie, when most of their kin was wiped out, they had a clear view of the giant that was leading the assault and they are convinced that it is the same one who they once knew.

They say that if this is truly so, the giant is as greatly changed as his castle, which has become dark and foreboding where previously it had been silvery white.

Do the heroes have questions or anything they would like to add to the discussion?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by tkrexx »

Mira jumps at the opportunity to garner more knowledge of the enemy. Do we know if the Giant's castle is constantly surrounded by the dark clouds, or perhaps floats above them? You mentioned the Giant's "family;" are we then to assume there will be more than one to battle? How well are you Wind Spirits and the great Eagles able to see at night? And finally: HOW is the Skyfish able to deal such destruction to the Giant's castle? It has powerful weapons, we have seen, but will they prove sufficient to sunder a castle? Or are there other elements to the craft we have yet to discover?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Storm11 »

"We discovered a name on our travels. A leader of the demons perhaps? Yesrokh Peyah or some such. We heard tell she is able to poss.. any who approach her. Possess may be. That would explain the Giants change of perspective. However if he once was a good giant we cannot simply slay him without trying to evict the creature. If she truly can possess anyone then that won't kill her anyway, she will simply possess someone else. We need to think of a way of containing the giant perhaps, and keeping far enough away that the snow demoness won't be able to possess anyone else. I am not sure how beneficial a frontal assault with this sky fish will be. Surely sneaking in unseen would offer more advantage. We know the good Mira here can shroud us with her magic. Maybe if Good Wyntar can transform the giant into something innocuous she would leave him voluntarily. Of course she might not be able to possess and the book might mean something else entirely. Perhaps if we could perform some sort of divination before we attack that might increase our chances. Can anyone locate the Giants where abouts remotely perhaps?"

That said the holy warrior looks around for some food.
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:

The foolish young hobbit trembled in the mighty company of these great heroes. "I-I-If'n you'll kindly excuse me, my lords and ladies. I surely don't mean any trouble. But if you knew this giant, perhaps you could tell us all about him, please? Perhaps you could make a map of his castle? ... Um. Including his pantries?"
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Dram »

Xano- Listening to the discussion. Do they know of any secret entrances that we may enter unseen. Also how many have the means to fly.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Hotgoblin

#276 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar speaks to Trotter ...Our friends may possess the knowledge as to how the Ice Griffon should be used...I think now's the time to figure it out, before any battles begin.. He addresses the rest of the group...I think we will meet much resistance on the way to the castle, so anyone with magic items, please familiarize yourself with their powers! We will need to be smarter and quicker than the enemy and everyone must be focused and ready to give your life in necessary!!!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by Storm11 »

"An inventory if all the ways we possess to fly would be good perhaps for these good folk" the paladin mentions.

"I have a figurine that transforms into a giant fly and can be ridden. My boots allow me to levitate and be pulled along by another."
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#278 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After Halo speaks of what was learned from Devrals books, the red shaman squawks loudly and spins around in circles. He ignores everything else that was mentioned.

Kirraka

This Yesorkh Pahyeh you speak of is a most frightening name from our past. The old shamans used to speak of a black snow demon that could produce thousands of white offspring. They had an ingrained hatred for all other flying things. Their only mission in life was to completely eliminate all other races, including the aarakocra, who they especially hated. The legends were lost to time over the many years and that is all I know of it.

If the giant is indeed possessed by this demon, that would most certainly explain his evil behavior as of late. If that is the case, it is absolutely imperative that you not kill the goodly creature, or any of his family.

He stops and looks at the eagles in silence for a moment before continuing.

The eagles have memory of at least two large gathering areas at the very top of the castle where the skyfish could be landed. They have never been any further inside of the giants home. They know that the castle is made from the same magical cloud like material that makes up the entire floating cloud. They also know that the castle can be completely enveloped by this material and then hardened, preventing any intrusions through the many normal doors or windows throughout the palace.

He pauses again, waiting for any further input.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Storm11 »

"Can they lead us there? the chevalier says excitedly
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Dram »

Xano- Answers the paladin. If possible I would like to use your boots and you can use the fly figurine. I am not accustomed riding and fighting at the same time. Unless you believe it wiser for me to fight from the flying fish> She waits for the paladins advice.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”