[OOC] Into the Unknown

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

[OOC] Into the Unknown

#1 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Hey guys! Here we go.

Could I please request that all players post here (just a "hi" or a "yo" is fine) as soon as possible to confirm that I've added you correctly?
Last edited by Julius Sleazer on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [OOC] Into the Unknown

#2 Post by thirdkingdom »

I'm here. Just a note that, as I'm sure everyone has noticed, you've got to manually subscribe to threads. At the top of the first post of every thread there should be a "Subscribe to this thread" or similar link.

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Does subscribing to the threads send people e-mails?

(I'm just asking out of curiosity; I never subscribe to threads anywhere, because to be honest, I probably check my PbP threads (when I'm active) way more often than my e-mail)

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Okay, the IC thread is up: viewtopic.php?f=300&t=5048

There may've been a forum hiccup when I was creating the IC thread; a duplicate thread was posted, so I deleted one of them. If you were trying to post to the deleted duplicate copy and I destroyed your post, I'm sorry.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by thirdkingdom »

Julius Sleazer wrote:Does subscribing to the threads send people e-mails?

(I'm just asking out of curiosity; I never subscribe to threads anywhere, because to be honest, I probably check my PbP threads (when I'm active) way more often than my e-mail)
Yes, you get an email notification. I don't think it's instant, though. It's maybe every half-hour?

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Julius Sleazer »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Julius Sleazer wrote:Does subscribing to the threads send people e-mails?

Yes, you get an email notification. I don't think it's instant, though. It's maybe every half-hour?

That sounds right. The PM notifications I've gotten from Unseen Servant have been delayed approximately half an hour.

Vektunaxa
Tracker
Tracker

#7 Post by Vektunaxa »

I'm here.

Vektunaxa
Tracker
Tracker

#8 Post by Vektunaxa »

Gems and potion have been added to the wiki.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by thirdkingdom »

JS, would you mind adding the link to the wiki in your sig? I didn't have it bookmarked and it looks like your sig has disappeared over on rpg.net. Thanks!

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Testing sig.

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Vektunaxa wrote:Gems and potion have been added to the wiki.

Are they noted anywhere as being "on" a particular character right now? I may be overlooking that?

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by MonsterMash »

Ok, I'm here now.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by MonsterMash »

thirdkingdom wrote:I propose Decimus carry the treasure, being the less laden magic-user.
Makes sense to me.

Vektunaxa
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by Vektunaxa »

MonsterMash wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote:I propose Decimus carry the treasure, being the less laden magic-user.
Makes sense to me.
Me too.

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Julius Sleazer wrote:
Vektunaxa wrote:Gems and potion have been added to the wiki.

Are they noted anywhere as being "on" a particular character right now? I may be overlooking that?
BTW, this wasn't meant to be a leading question necessarily---was multitasking more than is my wont this morning and honestly had no idea.

Anyway, the gems have been assigned to a certain character.

I think I've made it pretty explicit in the IC thread that it's dark and that the branches are really thick. So, I feel no compunctions about assigning mechanical penalties to further attempts at exploration and such this night unless lights are lit.

What's been mentioned so far (ropes around the body of the chaos-creature, keep body and head separate, pocket gems and vial) is okay.

Is the party planning on lighting torches and doing more stuff in the woods tonight? Staying put in the dark and trying to spot the lights of others? Something else?

I have a clear idea of what y'all are doing first thing tomorrow: burn the corpse.

I'm just wondering about plans for the rest of the night.

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Oh, XP for killing a 4 HD monster: 75/4=18.something, so close enough to 19 to round to 19.

For all characters except Decimus, that's going to round to 20 XP each when factoring in XP bonuses.

With Decimus, who has a higher XP bonus, that's going to round to 21 experience points.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Wyzard »

suuuuup

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Bearded Blade-Bearer

"All right. Glad we could work this out like men. We'll wait here a bit to make sure you're gone and all, but we aren't looking to spy on exactly where you're headed. If you're prospecting for gold up in the hills, that's no business of ours."
I'm not moving on yet or anything, as I've only heard from one player, but as far as the IC statement goes, the NPC is reacting as if/assuming that the guy talking to him (Tacitus) speaks for the group.

Return to “Into the Unknown (B/X D&D)”