Action Thread 1

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 1

#41 Post by rredmond »

Argennian wrote:... The druidess then begins to search about the area for any wildlife, hoping she might be able to find an animal to use her Speak with Animals spell on.
Unfortunately there are none currently nearby
tkrexx wrote:The river empties into the fissure?
The river enters the fissure and flows steeply down into it, yes.
tkrexx wrote:Goblinsplitter, is there tell of stonework, or is this cave pristine?
PM sent to the dwarf.
tkrexx wrote:Time of day, plz?
Tis late morning... say about 10am.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

halfpasthuman
Squire
Squire

#42 Post by halfpasthuman »

I detect no signs of masonry on the outside, but who's to say what may dwell within?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Norjax »

Addressing the party:

We'll, are we ready to explore the fissure or do we need to make a trip back to town?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Nuke66 »

"The plan was to explore the area, then regroup in town to plan the actual incursion and collect any additional supplies and gear."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by tkrexx »

Looking for logical & safe way to enter fissure: Ascend from rope via opposite side of river?
EDIT: DEscend. Duh.
Last edited by tkrexx on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by rredmond »

tkrexx wrote:Looking for logical & safe way to enter fissure: Ascend from rope via opposite side of river?
From the sounds of the water, and the investigations of the dwarf, you know it's actually only (at least initially from this fissure) about an 8' drop into the cave, or whatever is down there. This, in the late morning sun, is easily discernible. But also the river runs pretty quick and thus after entering the fissure it must continue downward.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger puzzles quietly for some time, staring into the fissure. I forsee a problem, my companions, if we find ourselves in need of a hasty retreat. If we enter this crevass by rope, something may remove it, and what will be our way out? Even with this in mind, would it be a good idea for someone to descend before we return our guides to their village, if only to set eyes on what awaits us? Likely nothing this close to the opening, but the rushing water could make our descent more difficult than we anticipate. I would know now before we return, in case we need to reenforce our supplies.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Nuke66 »

"Agreed, a quick scouting of below would make some sense, as well as to determine what we would need to procure in order to effect an exit from below, if it becomes necessary." He looks around the group, assessing their capabilities, but says nothing further.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by dmw71 »

tkrexx wrote:Even with this in mind, would it be a good idea for someone to descend before we return our guides to their village, if only to set eyes on what awaits us?
Malak creeps closer towards the edge of the fissure, peering into its darkness. "Send me." He considers. "Unless Incio wants to go. He can see better in the dark. I would need a light source."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia asks the two guides to stay close and keep a lookout on their perimeter. She shrugs off her backpack and gets out her silk rope and grapple, going then to look for a point near the fissure that she can secure it to. "Whomever will be going down there, I would suggest tying a rope around your waste. If you drop in on trouble, we can pull you up quickly..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by tkrexx »

Son of Thunder also offers his hemp rope. I only carry torches, but you are most welcome to one. Please take note of any solid walls we can attach iron spikes into.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Norjax »

Lower me in, and I’ll check it out.

I will give a quick tug every 30 seconds to indicate that I am O.K. & conscious. If I don’t tug every 30 seconds, pull me up. Three quick tugs will indicate trouble and I need to be pulled up.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Nuke66 »

"Remember the goal, a quick scout, looking to determine how deep, and the landing area. You don't need to go much more than 20' in or so."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 10am

Incio is lowered down into the fissure. (PM is sent).
He disappears into the dark, taking rope as he goes.

He's quiet and you feel about 3 tugs before he stops, and thus you need to stop letting out the rope. But a final tug makes you feel that all is well.

The river continues bubbling merrily along it's way into the darkness.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Incio - 18/18; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur - 7/7; Emmett - 25/25; Wulf - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Incio: short sword; Ilhalevar: Staff; Al'Zur: long sword; Emmett: spear, shield; Wulf: mace; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe
MO: 1- placeholder for now
Consumables: Lantern - (?) 4 hours (off), 30' radius; Torch (60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulf: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4; 2-3/3

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 10:05am

The rope starts moving forward again. Though you keep feeling the regular tugs, the pull of the rope is getting stronger and stronger.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Incio - 18/18; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur - 7/7; Emmett - 25/25; Wulf - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Incio: short sword; Ilhalevar: Staff; Al'Zur: long sword; Emmett: spear, shield; Wulf: mace; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe
Consumables: Lantern - (?) 4 hours (off), 30' radius; Torch (60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulf: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4; 2-3/3
[/quote]

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 10:10am

The line goes a bit slack and 30 seconds go by without a tug.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by tkrexx »

Slack rope, not good. Pull him out!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:Slack rope, not good. Pull him out!

Zafalia, who was relying on her much stronger companions to manage the rope, moves over nearer where the rope descends.

She prepares to either cast a spell if something other than their halfling friend pops out or grab up Incio as he becomes visible and pull him clear.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

halfpasthuman
Squire
Squire

#59 Post by halfpasthuman »

Korgul moves toward the rope to pull Incio out.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 10:12am

Quickly you pull on the rope, not sure whether or not to be relieved that you can tell something is definitely still there at the end of it.

The river continues bubbling... ah well, you get the picture ;) .

PM sent.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”