Pitchforks Tavern (40)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Pitchforks Tavern (40)

#21 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Epi sees only one other door in the back of the building. She recognizes that it is currently manned by the large half-orc that was out looking for Mukluk earlier.

Odilo takes a seat with one of the merchant groups and looks to be conversing madly.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Dram »

Grillock pays for Odilo and his drink. He goes and sits with Orando. 5 silver fer both drinks ya say. Here ya go. So you are a adventurer? Me and my friend there are headed to the old abandoned tower tomorrow. You want to tag along?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, occultist
OGRE MAGE wrote:Nasty bar wench

We got us a bigger problem round here sure enough. I think we got us one of them cults er something operating nearby. We got folks going missing left and right around these parts

I tell you what, if we do got a cult around here, I bet anything that old priest is involved somehow! That guy gives me the willys.
"Cults - they are the worst, especially those that harm children," agrees Orando. "I met a wise traveler in the Dreamlands who once said: 'Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity.'"

"I saw a temple to Pelor. Is the old priest of that sect? Do others hold your view. Why has the town guard or mayor investigated?"

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Inferno »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Before we start this portion of the investigation, can I get a list of everyone who wants to go into the bar and what time of the evening you decide to enter please? Thanks.
Ugghra doesn't go. :)
Thanks.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I saw a temple to Pelor. Is the old priest of that sect? Do others hold your view.

Yes! He sits up in that temple all day, forcing his beliefs on every person that will listen. He turns his nose up at folks like me, as if he is better than everyone else. I just don't trust him, and no, I ain't the only one.

Why hasn't the town guard or mayor investigated?

You kidding me? The new sheriff is a nincompoop! I haven't heard of him doing one thing in this town yet except accusing others of wrongdoing. Why, he probably thinks WE are responsible for the missing people.

And don't even get me started on that dizzy mayor bitch! She sits in her office, bossing everyone around like we are a bunch of sheep or something. She is almost as useless as her sheriff cousin that she just brought into town.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Inferno »

Inferno wrote: Ugghra doesn't go. :)
Thanks.
But on parting company with the other investigators, the well-mannered monstrosity had said, "Whilst There, Do Be Sure To Order a Black Lotus.
"I Wish You A Pleasant and Fruitful Evening."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, inquisitor

"In my travels here I've seen some hollow-eyed folk," says Orando leaving a large tip. "What is that about?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Dram »

Grillock feeling ignored introduces himself again to Orando again. Hello friend?
Dram wrote:Grillock pays for Odilo and his drink. He goes and sits with Orando. 5 silver fer both drinks ya say. Here ya go. So you are a adventurer? Me and my friend there are headed to the old abandoned tower tomorrow. You want to tag along?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, ensorceller
Dram wrote:Grillock pays for Odilo and his drink. He goes and sits with Orando. 5 silver fer both drinks ya say. Here ya go. So you are a adventurer? Me and my friend there are headed to the old abandoned tower tomorrow. You want to tag along?
"Hail and well met, Grillock," replies Orando. "I am Orando Magnus Gallus, adventurer, dilettante of violence, arcanist of dark lore, and visitor passing through this fair village."

"The lovely bar maid here was about to tell me about the hollow-eyed folk I've seen about these parts."

After she leaves, Orando says to Grillock: "I did not want to discuss the tower, in case word spread of our expedition. The eyes and ears of unknown enemies may be about."
Sorry I didn't scroll up enough on my screen last time to catch the Grillock action.

We may want to keep our tower expedition private, in case unwanted ears overhear.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Nods to Orando and whispers. I understand, but I think the cat may be out of the bag. As we had hired a half 1/2 orc to accompany myself and Odillo to the tower. He has informed others of our mission. It seems that most people of this town want a end to this towns curse. We have not received any threats or warnings to leave town. Grillock will converse with Orando as long as no one is in listening range.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#31 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Grognardsw wrote:Orando, inquisitor

"In my travels here I've seen some hollow-eyed folk," says Orando leaving a large tip. "What is that about?"
The bar wench smiles widely at the fat tip.

You know, that does actually remind me of something. We had a man in here a while back asking for donations for poor and sick people or some such nonsense. I told him that if he was looking for handouts, he should piss off and go ask the rich folks across town. I aint got no extra coin to just give away.

The thing I remembered most about him was that he had a strange, dark look in his eyes. He didn't seem like there was anything wrong with him, his eyes just looked really creepy to me. I aint seen the guy since then either. Must have finally buggered off.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

Epi sits at the bar listening to the conversations, she tests her drink and probably wrinkles her nose at the taste. She ponders to herself, If the Mayor was behind the disappearances or even aware of what was going on, then why would she hire us to get to the bottom of it? Perhaps to make the townsfolk think she was aiding, but then it would not make any sense to keep our mission covert. Thus I doubt the Mayor is a suspect.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#33 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cauchy, please check your private thread. I needed a roll from you. Thanks.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, elf
OGRE MAGE wrote: ...We had a man in here a while back ...he had a strange, dark look in his eyes. He didn't seem like there was anything wrong with him, his eyes just looked really creepy to me.
"Interesting... But the other townsfolk with hollow eyes don't seem dangerous?"

"Have you known anyone personally who disappeared?"

"I've heard the dead wizard Mortimer was a strange fellow..."

To Grillock, Orando quietly says: "The half-orc you asked to come along to the tavern, that was Mukluk? I'm not sure it's wise to bring outsiders into our investigation."

Orando looks around to see if Mukluk is in the tavern.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#35 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Grognardsw wrote:Orando, elf

"Interesting... But the other townsfolk with hollow eyes don't seem dangerous?"

"Have you known anyone personally who disappeared?"

"I've heard the dead wizard Mortimer was a strange fellow..."

Orando looks around to see if Mukluk is in the tavern.

Hells yes I know some of em! Timmy the blacksmith has lost at least three of his workers in the last few months. They used to come in here to drink after work so, I knew em fairly well.

Those guys got it pretty good working for Timmy, there's no way they'd have left that job for no reason. There is some bad juju going on around here and folks are getting scart.

I don't know much about the old wizard. We only been in this town for a few years now. I have heard that most people stay away from the old ruins. They say there is still magic powers in the air that sucks the life right out of ya. It's them damn cultists I tells ya!

You haven't seen the half-orc, Mukluk, anywhere in the place yet tonight.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Cultist? See Odilo I told you we needed a cleric to accompany us. Miss, what were your friends working on when they disappeared? Did they disappear at the same time? Grillock looks around without trying toattention that he is looking. For anyone that listening to the conversation.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Grognardsw »

"Three men disappeared in a few months?" says Orando to Grillock. "Perhaps we should talk with Timmy."

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

The ranger puts the drink down with a frown, "Is this a local brew?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#39 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dram wrote:Grillock- Cultist? Miss, what were your friends working on when they disappeared? Did they disappear at the same time? Grillock looks around for anyone that listening to the conversation.
What? They were working for the blacksmith, just like most of the rest of our usual costumers.

No, they weren't together, if that's what you mean. They went missing a couple of weeks apart. They just vanished, with no word or clue as to where.
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#40 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cauchy wrote:Epi

The ranger puts the drink down with a frown, "Is this a local brew?"
Pitchfork

Why? What's wrong with it? Too strong fer ya? Hahaha!

Damn right we buy our brews locally, I get our stock in barrels from old Stew Kresty. He's the only brewer for miles around these parts. It's pretty good stuff too, and I know a lot about different brews.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”