OOC Discussion

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC Discussion

#401 Post by kalstone »

I think we should hold on to the torch until we see where the coin ends up. If it's too far down the hallway, we'll need it. Why don't we go with Ranulf holding the torch in back and the shieldmaidens in the front row. When melee is joined, Ranulf can hand the torch to Steel (or drop it if not needed) and he and Solaine can step in front of the shieldmaidens.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by drpete »

It can be hidden, sure. I've seen some discussion somewhere of the light spell being a super strange illumination that kind of forces the area around it to be illuminated regardless of shadows, but I'm assuming it basically makes light that acts like a cold torch. I'm assuming this plan is going forward asap. The skeletons are banging on the door, and you're going after them right now, with a brief pause to cast this spell.

Alright, I've got the basic idea. I'm gonna run with it.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#403 Post by bobloblah »

kalstone wrote:I think we should hold on to the torch until we see where the coin ends up. If it's too far down the hallway, we'll need it. Why don't we go with Ranulf holding the torch in back and the shieldmaidens in the front row. When melee is joined, Ranulf can hand the torch to Steel (or drop it if not needed) and he and Solaine can step in front of the shieldmaidens.
Ack! No, Ranulf really needs to be in front! He's almost unhittable to low-level stuff. Why not have Steel carry the torch in the back? Did I miss something?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm too late, and it all worked out fine anyway!

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#404 Post by kalstone »

bobloblah wrote:
kalstone wrote:I think we should hold on to the torch until we see where the coin ends up. If it's too far down the hallway, we'll need it. Why don't we go with Ranulf holding the torch in back and the shieldmaidens in the front row. When melee is joined, Ranulf can hand the torch to Steel (or drop it if not needed) and he and Solaine can step in front of the shieldmaidens.
Ack! No, Ranulf really needs to be in front! He's almost unhittable to low-level stuff. Why not have Steel carry the torch in the back? Did I miss something?
I just meant for Ranulf to hold it while Steel fired his crossbow from the back. Once the skeletons arrived, Ranulf would move into melee in the front row.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by drpete »

My understanding is that at this point, Randolpho, Galen and Ajax are going to come up and get behind the skeletons, and Randolpho will try to backstab. Is that right?

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#406 Post by barkman »

That is my understanding yes, if they are sufficiently concentrating on the foes before them. and yes, i am reading and lurking, assume my silence, if i don't post in a few days is an affirmative.
It would be nice to just "+1" or like a post if we agreed/accepted the ideas posted.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by drpete »

Alright, cool. Didn't want to have you run out into potential danger without some positive acknowledgement. Since most everything else is gonna go ahead "status quo" I'll get you guys stuck in asap.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#408 Post by kalstone »

Pete, are you tracking HP or are we supposed to be doing it? If I'm calculating it right, Solaine is down 2 HP (4 out of 6). Is that right?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by drpete »

I'm not "really" tracking hp for you guys, though I could. I have the same 4/6 for Solaine, and some damage on Ajax and Audi. No other PCs are wounded, so it's not a huge problem for me to keep track of, at this point.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#410 Post by kalstone »

Ok. I just didn't know if you wanted us to update our character sheets when we took damage.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#411 Post by Lamech »

Alright I'm having a spot of computer trouble I'm trying to resolve. If I end up going AWOL, its probably that.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by Zorroroaster »

I think we were considering swapping armor for the shield maidens, yes? If so, that's not really much of an encumbrance issue except for them with a slight increase.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by drpete »

No, that wouldn't cause a big encumbrance problem, as they werent loaded down with lots of stuff. It would just take a little time to smash the statues. The automaton's 8 stone or food, water and torches was what I was concerned about, encumbrance - wise. I don't think that can be easily absorbed without a little thought.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#414 Post by bobloblah »

I'm traveling this weekend and all this coming week, and my posting will be spotty.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by drpete »

No prob. Thanks for letting us know, bob. :)

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#416 Post by kalstone »

Before we go any further, Solaine needs to get healed. If bob isn't available to post, can we assume Brother Galen used his healing proficiency on her?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by drpete »

Brother Galen's healing proficiency cannot help her regain hp on the spot. It can help her to recover lost hp more quickly as she rests, or help in an emergency. He can use comfrey on her, though. I'm fine with assuming he uses it.

[1d3] = 3

Congrats, she gets 3 hp back :)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#418 Post by Dogma »

Are we heading out of Dwimmermount and going back to the base camp?

If so, we should stop by the dwarf statues on the way out and get the armor to Audi and Emm.

What was in the bag that the automaton was carrying again? We stashed it in the storage room. Maybe we could leave it hidden in there instead of dragging it back out. Might be nice to have a few hidden caches of common supplies.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#419 Post by kalstone »

Stashing the bag sounds like a good idea. I'm a little leery of trying to break the statues now because of all the noise. I'm thinking we should rest up and then do that first thing on our next trip.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#420 Post by drpete »

The bag held food and torches. I'm fine with it going in the dusty storeroom, but that food won't really be edible for long in a nasty room like that (imagine eating old dinner rolls that have been stored, open, in a very dusty/dirty basement.)

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”