Chapter 1 > Road to Adventure

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1 > Road to Adventure

#181 Post by hedgeknight »

Moving forward quickly, Stitches catches the other goblins by surprise and drills one of the closest ones in the back of the head, dropping it like a sack of rocks!
Aslaan and Kelton move up and pick targets as the goblins scramble around wondering what the hell is going on. Kelton hurls his javelin at a goblin, but the javelin sails over the critters head and lands in a large pool of water beyond.

While Aslaan prepares to take a shot, one of the goblins are shouting and preparing to return fire, even as two of their own beat and hammer at the rocky dam that holds back the large pools.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Okay fellers > I need initiative rolls and attack rolls for everyone except Stitches.
I will roll the goblin's actions later tonight.
Rough map attached...and for some reason the damned thing is backwards even though I "flipped it" > I'll correct it later.
Attachments
Photo on 8-27-15 at 3.08 PM.jpg
Photo on 8-27-15 at 3.08 PM.jpg (169.98 KiB) Viewed 563 times
Winter is coming...

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#182 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Initiative: [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3

Ioriston wants to know if the three goblins that are asleep are the ones on the bridge.
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)
Loche - Level Three Pict Thief, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)

burlyjr
Scout
Scout

#183 Post by burlyjr »

As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#184 Post by Belkregos »

Stitches shoots an arrow at one of the goblins working on breaking the dam

attack- to hit:[1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15 damage: [1d6+3] = 6+3 = 9
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by hedgeknight »

Twin Pools Cave Melee > Round 1

Initiative Order:
Goblins (21) Goblins Initiative: [1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21
Aslaan & Stitches (14)
Ioriston (3)
Baer & Kelton ?

Knowing they must work quickly, two goblins begin knocking away the supports of the first dam > water begins to surge through the gap and within seconds the dam collapses as a wave of water pours out and down the passage south.
While one of the other goblins runs away shouting, the remaining goblin fires at Stitches, drilling the halfling in the chest with a well-placed shot!
Goblin shortbow: [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23, [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7

Aslaan fires his longbow at a goblin, and his arrow just misses. Stitches, near death, manages to fire his bow, and his arrow narrowly misses his goblin target.
(Bel > I used the attack roll from this post):
Ioriston and Baer watch the goblins on the bridge fall asleep and they hear sounds of fighting somewhere ahead of them...but those sounds are soon drowned out as the passage is suddenly filled with a mighty roar, as a huge surge of rushing water pours down from above!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Baer & Ioriston > please roll a Dex check!
Aslaan & Kelton > actions!
I already have Stitches actions for Round 2
Out of the 5 goblins in the pool cave, only 3 remain; one is dead, and one fled

Stats:
Stitches > down 7 hp
3 goblins asleep on the bridge
1 goblin dead in the pool cave
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by hedgeknight »

Photo on 8-29-15 at 9.06 AM.jpg
Photo on 8-29-15 at 9.06 AM.jpg (169.04 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Winter is coming...

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#187 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Dexterity Check: [1d20+3] = 3+3 = 6

Wow. Ioriston is just dropping the ball lately!
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#188 Post by Belkregos »

stitches continues tryung to take out the goblin shooting arrows

OOC: let me know if you need another roll
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

burlyjr
Scout
Scout

#189 Post by burlyjr »

Aslaan will continue to fire arrows at the goblins as long as he is within range. If the goblins get close or charge at him, Aslaan will pull his sword and charge in with it.

To hit: [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23, damage with longbow [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4

To hit: [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11, damage with longbow [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7

Sorry i just got a notice of a post. Also, i had a busy couple days. Sorry
As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#190 Post by wordoftheoracle »

If Ioriston survives the water rush, he will cast Ray of Frost at any goblin he can see.

Ranged Spell Attack: [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17 Damage: [1d8] = 7
PC History:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by hedgeknight »

Twin Pools Cave Melee > Round 2

Initiative Order:
Goblins (21)
Aslaan & Stitches (14)
Ioriston (3)
Baer & Kelton (0)

The wave of water surges down the passage, catching Baer and Ioriston off-guard and sending them tumbling head-over-heels back toward the cave mouth! Battered against the stream bottom and cavern walls, the two spellcasters soon find themselves back outside, bruised and confused!
Water dmg: [1d6] = 3

As the water rushes out of the first pool, the three goblins attack! The same goblin who struck first before, fires at Stitches, parting the halfling's hair, but otherwise doing no damage.
The other two goblins attack Aslaan and Kelton, both firing black-fletched arrows. Aslaan's armor protects him from an arrow, but Kelton cries out in pain as an arrow buries in his thigh.
Goblin shortbow: [1d20+4] = 14+4 = 18, [1d6+2] = 1+2 = 3

Stitches fires his bow and drives an arrow in his foe's chest, dropping the creature in its tracks. Aslaan fires as well, scoring a deep wound in his foe's belly.
Kelton draws his axe and charges forward, chopping at his goblin foe...but missing as the little bugger jumps out of the way.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For the remainder of this battle, I will be running Baer and Kelton. Baer's player hasn't been online in two weeks; and Kelton has missed two action posts. I will let the players know when they can regain control of their characters.

Stats:
Stitches > down 7 hp
Kelton > down 3 hp
3 goblins asleep on the bridge
2 goblins dead in the pool cave

ACTIONS!!
Attachments
cragmaw hideout melee 2.jpg
cragmaw hideout melee 2.jpg (204.16 KiB) Viewed 545 times
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by hedgeknight »

wordoftheoracle wrote:If Ioriston survives the water rush, he will cast Ray of Frost at any goblin he can see.

Ranged Spell Attack: [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17 Damage: [1d8] = 7
Save this attack for your next goblin encounter! ;)
Winter is coming...

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#193 Post by wordoftheoracle »

In that case, Ioriston will advance to where everyone else (except Baer) is.
PC History:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by hedgeknight »

wordoftheoracle wrote:In that case, Ioriston will advance to where everyone else (except Baer) is.
Baer hacks water from his lungs, pulls his hammer, and follows Ioriston. When the soggy pair reenter the cave, a black-fletched arrow narrowly misses Ioriston's head, shattering against the wall. He and Baer's darkvision spot two Goblins on bridge; one is reloading its bow, while the other is kicking its sleeping companions trying to wake them up.

Actions?
Hey Marc > do you want to use your earlier Ray of Frost attack? If so, pick a goblin.
:mrgreen:
Waiting on actions for Aslaan and Stitches.
Winter is coming...

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#195 Post by wordoftheoracle »

I'll nail the one that's reloading.
PC History:

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#196 Post by Belkregos »

Stitches advances grimacing from the pain tries to take cover while firing another shot at one of the goblins still standing

attack- to hit:[1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 damage: [1d6+3] = 4+3 = 7

burlyjr
Scout
Scout

#197 Post by burlyjr »

Aslaan will take another shoot at the goblin still standing.

To hit: [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6, damage with longbow [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by hedgeknight »

Twin Pools Cave Melee > Round 3

Initiative Order:
Goblins (21)
Aslaan & Stitches (14)
Ioriston (3)
Baer & Kelton (0)

As the goblin on the bridge reloads, Ioriston takes mental aim, invokes his arcane power, and fires a bluish ray of frost...striking the goblin full in the chest, freezing its heart! The critter drops like a stone, falling off the bridge to splash in the stream below.
Two of the sleeping goblins awaken at the rough kicks from their companion, but as the goblin is about to kick the third, Baer runs up the trail and hurls a hand axe at the kicker. His aim is sure and the hand axe lodges in the goblin's backside!
Baer Hand Axe: [1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21, [1d6+2] = 1+2 = 3
OOC: I have no idea what Baer's stats are because his character sheet is not posted in the Characters thread, nor is there any info on him in Mal's signature. :?: So, I added the +2 to hit/dmg just off the top of my head. The attack was good enough to hit without the added bonus.

The axed goblin screams something in its crude language [For those who understand Goblin:]
"OW! Something jumped up and bit me!"
In the pool cave, the two remaining goblins nock arrows and fire again, picking random targets:
Aslaan 1, Kelton 2, Stitches 3: [1d3] = 1, [1d3] = 2
Another arrow bursts against Aslaan's armor, but the second arrow finds a hole in Kelton's mail, wounding him severely.
Goblin shortbow: [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21, [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6

Aslaan and Stitches fire bows, both missing, while Kelton, barely able to stand, charges with axe raised high, and slices the goblin who shot him, breaking its shoulder and knocking it down!
Kelton attack: [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19, [1d12+3] = 1+3 = 4

As the melee continues, Stitches spies shadows coming toward the pool cave. He knows reinforcements are about to arrive.
While up on the bridge, the two awakened goblins grab their bows and prepare to fire!

ACTIONS!!

Stats:
Stitches > down 7 hp
Kelton > down 9 hp

1 goblin down 3 hp; axed in the buttocks!
1 goblin down 4 hp; fighting Kelton
1 goblin asleep on the bridge
2 goblins dead in the pool cave
1 dead in the stream
Winter is coming...

burlyjr
Scout
Scout

#199 Post by burlyjr »

Getting tired of firing arrows off the walls of the cave, Aslaan draws his sword. He will charge the goblins and take a swing at one with his sword.

To hit: [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8, damage with greatsword [2d6+2] = 6+2 = 8 :oops:

To hit: [1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17, damage with greatsword [2d6+2] = 6+2 = 8

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#200 Post by Belkregos »

more coming from the far tunnel!

stitches tries to finish off the standing goblins before their reinforcements arrive
attack- to hit:[1d20+5] = 14+5 = 19 damage: [1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)”