Chat & questions

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chat & questions

#21 Post by Bloodaxe »

We will get started before the 24th- but probably just exploring the Keep and gathering rumors. Maybe a minor trek. Charcters look OK, feel free to post in Characters section. They can always be edited later.

idiot
Squire
Squire

#22 Post by idiot »

how do you want to do alignment languages? seems like they are an easy and immediate way for all characters to know if a person they meet is of the same alignment or some other alignment. do you want alignment languages to work like that?

the reason i ask is that i was thinking of running "horace," my proto-cleric character, as an otherwise well-mannered and pleasant-natured worshipper of some really nasty god--i was thinking tharizdun, since you mentioned using the greyhawk pantheon--and he's a wanderer now because the monastery where he was formerly a low-ranking acolyte basically destroyed itself in some dark ritual that backfired. i was thinking horace doesn't reveal this information to anyone until it becomes necessary or until he's caught trying to trick other characters into performing the rites to summon a shoggoth or whatever.

of course if the alignment languages give the other PCs a way to immediately tell that horace is chaotic-aligned then the secret's already halfway out of the bag. that might cause a problem if there are some adamantly lawful-aligned characters--weren't there old (but post-1st-edition) rules about how under some circumstances you couldn't have both a LG character and a CE character in the same party?

if you think it's a bad idea, i'll run him as neutral instead of chaotic and have him worship a more reasonable god instead

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Bloodaxe »

idiot wrote:how do you want to do alignment languages? seems like they are an easy and immediate way for all characters to know if a person they meet is of the same alignment or some other alignment. do you want alignment languages to work like that?

the reason i ask is that i was thinking of running "horace," my proto-cleric character, as an otherwise well-mannered and pleasant-natured worshipper of some really nasty god--i was thinking tharizdun, since you mentioned using the greyhawk pantheon--and he's a wanderer now because the monastery where he was formerly a low-ranking acolyte basically destroyed itself in some dark ritual that backfired. i was thinking horace doesn't reveal this information to anyone until it becomes necessary or until he's caught trying to trick other characters into performing the rites to summon a shoggoth or whatever.

of course if the alignment languages give the other PCs a way to immediately tell that horace is chaotic-aligned then the secret's already halfway out of the bag. that might cause a problem if there are some adamantly lawful-aligned characters--weren't there old (but post-1st-edition) rules about how under some circumstances you couldn't have both a LG character and a CE character in the same party?

if you think it's a bad idea, i'll run him as neutral instead of chaotic and have him worship a more reasonable god instead
Im not using alignment langauges. If you worship Tharizdun you are either Chaotic or Neutral & insane. Or being tricked.
We are using basics- L, N, C. Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Bloodaxe »

Once your characters are finished you can start posting at The Keep. You begin inside the Keep, already checked in by guards. Buy any equipment- if you havent already, go the Tavern, look for work, listen for rumors, decide your next actions.

At the top of any thread, post your characters names. Make sure you make clear which character is saying what or performing which action.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I was under theimpression we would be one big group. Is that not the case?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Bloodaxe »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I was under theimpression we would be one big group. Is that not the case?
Did you read the game post? You all arrived together with a wagon caravan of supplies for the Keep. There had to be a reason for such an odd group to know each other and arrive at the same place & same time.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I hadn't read the game post when I posted that, but it still felt pertinent after reading it because of the 'you're on your own' comment. Cool.

I am still on vacation and won't really have time to participate for a bit under a week. Looking foward to jumping in when I can.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by Bloodaxe »

Is any one going to start posting- otherwise this will be a very short game.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Mister-Kent »

Never fear, I'll have a post in the morning :D
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Back from vacation and finally had the opportunity to post. :)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Bloodaxe »

I'll be back tuesday.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Well unless there is a reward offered for the elf, Clay Dreaver will be more interested in helping the merchant due to the increased likelihood of a reward. Gunther would prefer to meet an elf, but is kind-of, sort-of following Clay, so he will probably abstain.

What are all of your thoughts regarding the two options we have thus far?

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Mister-Kent »

Anne's all about finding missing persons, so she'll be inclined to help the merchant and wife. Gustav likewise, but for less altruistic motives.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by Bloodaxe »

If you can put your character background along with your character name, it would help.

If there are any that have not yet made a first post- I will search for new players, NPC them, or divide them among you.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

If we need more PCs, I'd love to create a dwarf! Jaded, stout, steadfast and appalled at the foolishness of man. Seeking to bring honor back to his family because his younger brother broke/lost some relic... Though a mage would also interesting to me.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Bloodaxe »

Smoke warrior & Darkmane have not posted.
Idiot has not posted either.
LtTribbles hasnt posted for a bit.

Im going to Pm them to see if they are still in or not.

I think Darkmane is on vacation.

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by LtTibbles »

Hey there sorry about the weak posting rate, had a pretty busy week but I'll be posting more often now.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Bloodaxe »

LtTibbles wrote:Hey there sorry about the weak posting rate, had a pretty busy week but I'll be posting more often now.

Its ok, just checking you are still in.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Bloodaxe »

Finish characters if you have not already. Dont forget any special skills you have (locksmith-pick locks, etc.)

Dont forget to put your "type" of character somewhere near the top of your post by your name.

Smokewarrior is out. He received my PM but no reply. His two characters are up for grabs if anyone wants the, one each, first two to post here get one each.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Bloodaxe »

Reminder
Bloodaxe wrote:Finish characters if you have not already. Dont forget any special skills you have (locksmith-pick locks, etc.)

Dont forget to put your "type" of character somewhere near the top of your post by your name.

Smokewarrior is out. He received my PM but no reply. His two characters are up for grabs if anyone wants them, one each, first two to post here get one each.

Return to “The Caves of Chaos (LL)”