Action Thread 10

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 10

#121 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Well saved, ToniXX! You still get two more attacks, though. That was your Round 2 attack. You need to now make attacks for Round 3 (where you were bit by the spider and had to make your save) and Round 4 (which we're just now starting).
Ok, continued attacks on the spider threatening Bruard.
Mace (sm/m) damage [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, thaco18-[1d20] = 20 hits AC-2

Second attack (note: if the first attack drops the spider before Bruard, he'll go for the one attacking Till)
Mace (sm/m) damage [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5, thaco18-[1d20] = 10 hits AC8
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – early afternoon - Yup Spiders
Round 4

To finish Round 3, Bruard get's a good attack on his spider, causing some damage.

And again with tied initiative.

[1d6] = 5

Till is able to get a strike in on the spider at the same time his spider is able to attack him. Unfortunately the spiders attack isn't as effective as the halfing's sword.[1d20] = 4 The spider crashes on all eight legs to the floor unmoving.

Bruard attack this round misses, but luckily so does the spider facing him - though just barely.

The spider outside continues it's attack on Yosef, but the elf is unable to connect with his longsword. The spider itself misses terribly, accidentally hitting the building, but continues to attack.

This ends round 4, The good news, no saves need to be made and another spider down, the bad news is Jeloon and Derek are still paralyzed. New round, new initiative.

HPs: Jeloon - 22/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 15/19; Derek - 32/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (20 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-0/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#123 Post by Alethan »

Party Initiative...

Initiative [1d6] = 1

(Oh, bugger... my rolls might be failing me, folks.)

Till swings at the spider currently attacking Bruard.

To Hit, Shortsword+1 [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21
Damage, Shortsword+1 (Small/Medium) [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

(oh, maybe not. :) Guess you can't always have it all, right?)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:... The spider outside continues it's attack on Yosef, but the elf is unable to connect with his longsword. The spider itself misses terribly, accidentally hitting the building, but continues to attack...

Desperation, almost human in intensity, yanks at the elf's heart as the melee continues. "Jeloon is down!" Yosef cries in panic out of the horrible thought that the chances of Bruard getting to them in time to save them is fleeting. He maneuvers again for another strike...

Yosef's 3rd attack vs giant spider:
[1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 (hits AC8)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3953

Longsword damage vs sm/med creatures:
[1d8] = 7

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3954

OOC: Uhh, and finally a decent damage roll! Oh please be a hit! :?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#125 Post by Alethan »

Just need an attack from Bruard, though with that Initiative roll, I'm sure Ron could do the spider updates first... :?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by rredmond »

Round 5

They won initiative so yes let's get to Bruard's attack, I know that Greg's been super busy.

[1d6] = 4

The spider on the inside attacks Till thinking he's an nice morsel, but misses horribly, leaving Tilll able to attack, and hit. Till feels it's a solid hit, and the spider splays out on all eight legs, it's still moving, but really twitching. No purposeful, or aggressive movement at this point, it doesn't attack, just on the floor twitching away.

The spider outside continues it's attack on Yosef, but has similar issues (the inside spider rolled a 1 to hit, this one a 2!) But Yosef's attack is no more effective as he cannot get through the spider's defenses.

This effectively ends round 5. I'm assuming Bruard heads outside, but getting out of the door of this cluttered room is more difficult than getting in. Jeloon and Derek are still paralyzed. New round, new initiative. But no saves!

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (19 minutes), 40' radius.
[/quote]
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#127 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 6

Excellent!

Till is going to let Bruard use the door to the building while he tries to leap through one of the open windows, if possible.

DEX check [1d20] = 1
If a 1 on a stat check is any indication as to how well he performs said action, then... I'd say that was a complete success! Let me know if you'll allow an attack after that movement or not.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#128 Post by Alethan »

Till leaps through the open window, lands with a forward roll, and comes to his feet immediately in front of the spider attacking Yosef.

He swings at the spider and...

To Hit, Shortsword+1 [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15

Damage, Shortsword+1 (Small/Medium) [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

... lands a nice solid hit!

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#129 Post by Vokarius »

Derek gurgles quietly.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#130 Post by Alethan »

Vokarius wrote:Derek gurgles quietly.
lol... poor Derek. Almost done, brother! ;)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Argennian »

Yosef momentarily sizes up the spider as both their mutual attacks fail. Seeing Jeloon lying motionless nearby and hearing the continued sounds of battle within the structure only serve to fuel his desperation. He swings wildly at the evasive spider, trying an unusual and unorthodox attack...

Yosef's 4th sword attack vs spider:
[1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=4026

OOC: no reason to roll damage. Sigh... :roll:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by rredmond »

Round 6

Unfortunately for you guys, the spiders rolls are en fuego as well. Simultaneous attacks this round.

Spider initiative: [1d6] = 6

The spider continues it's attack on Yosef. Having little success [1d20] = 7. But Yosef can't seem to connect either.

Bruard comes rushing out of the door (we'll stipulate for now) and Till comes flying out of the window like a hobbit cannonball and attacks, hitting the spider with his glowing short sword. The spider looking pretty healthy before, now looks positively unhealthy... one would say, dead.

Jeloon and Derek show no signs of unstiffening unfortunately. They look to be that way for a while.

This ends round 6 and the fight. Jeloon and Derek are still paralyzed and look like they will be so for a while.

Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (18 minutes), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#133 Post by Alethan »

Till runs back inside the shed and dispatches the incapacitated spider. Then he enlists Yosef and Bruard with the task of pulling Jeloon and Derek out into the fresh air and making them comfortable on their backs.

"The paralysis should pass. You guys watch over them; I'll check out the inside of this building."

Till heads back inside and starts searching the room over for anything useful or valuable or unusual.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by rredmond »

The furniture has fallen into ruin. The bones of hundreds of small animals litter the floor and numerous webs obscure the ceiling. Hanging from several webs are the carcasses of various small animals and birds. Also, the corpse of a dwarf is suspended in the center of the room. Doesn't look too tough to cut down or anything, because the ceiling isn't too high, the bottom part of him is about 3' off the ground. Unfortunately you don't find anything else in this room.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Argennian »

As soon as Till kills the spider, Yosef makes for Jeloon's side, fearing the worst...
Alethan wrote:Till runs back inside the shed and dispatches the incapacitated spider. Then he enlists Yosef and Bruard with the task of pulling Jeloon and Derek out into the fresh air and making them comfortable on their backs.

"The paralysis should pass. You guys watch over them; I'll check out the inside of this building."
A wave of relief splashes Yosef straight in the face as he realizes Jeloon's eyes follow his. She is alive and apparently just paralyzed. "Thank Shinare and all the gods!" he exalts with held breath, quickly sheathing his sword. The elf then drags his barbarian companion away from the structure towards the middle of the compound.

He does the same, or rather assists Bruard, with hauling Derek back out next to Jeloon. Yosef then quickly gathers up his bow and begins to look around for trouble as before.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#136 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:The furniture has fallen into ruin. The bones of hundreds of small animals litter the floor and numerous webs obscure the ceiling. Hanging from several webs are the carcasses of various small animals and birds. Also, the corpse of a dwarf is suspended in the center of the room. Doesn't look too tough to cut down or anything, because the ceiling isn't too high, the bottom part of him is about 3' off the ground. Unfortunately you don't find anything else in this room.
"Bloody hell, these dwarves are an unfortunate lot," mutters Till as he cuts the dwarf down to search the body for anything of value.

After he's done searching the dwarf, he'll head back outside and stand watch over the spider bite victims until they recover.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#137 Post by Alethan »

Till exits the building slightly put out.

"All I could find inside was this here hand axe and 47 gold coins on the body of a victim, another hapless dwarf..."

He sits down next to the incapacitated friends and examines the hand axe more closely to see if it appears to be of high quality.

"Everything else on the body was thoroughly destroyed... maybe this thing survived because it's magical or sommit? Guess you could check it when we check the ring, Yosef?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by rredmond »

The axe does not look well made to begin with, and it shows signs of wear. It doesn't appear to be anything special to any one of you that takes a peek.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by rredmond »

I know we are heading into Easter weekend and I'll be away, so things will slow down anyway.

But I started the new Action Thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=520

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”