Militia House (48)

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Militia House (48)

#21 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

"Well thank you for your time. I think I'd best check with the priest, though I'm not sure what answer I should hope for. I'll let you get back to your work."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#22 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I hope you find your husband, ma'am. Let me know if you change your mind about replacing him.

The captain smiles and heads back into his office.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

Feeling a bit uncomfortable wearing a dress, the ranger heads back to her room to change back into her armor and gather up her weapons.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#24 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sounds good.

Where to then?

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

Epi will return to the inn and tell the others, if about, what she learned.

Heading to the former mage's tower works for her.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Father Dowlings appearance makes the burly captain shake the impure thoughts from his mind, literally. He addresses the priest of Tyr.

Yes? Who are you now? Do you require some assistance from the militia?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Meanwhile, Ugghra sees the eastern face of the vacant home in front of him. There are a few windows and a front and back door. He is certain that he can't be seen by the captain at the back of the house.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Inferno »

Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:

If he is unobserved, Sir Ugghra will try the back door. His manner is that he is there on official business, which he is after all.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#29 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The back door is locked. There is no sign of habitation whatsoever and if you peek through the windows, the inside of the home is completely empty.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#30 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling
OGRE MAGE wrote:Father Dowlings appearance makes the burly captain shake the impure thoughts from his mind, literally. He addresses the priest of Tyr.

Yes? Who are you now? Do you require some assistance from the militia?
The priest bows his head as he greets the captain. Indeed I do, good sir. My name is Father William Dowling, of Baskerville. If we could go inside and sit for a bit these old bones will thank you. I'd appreciate it if I could have a few minutes of your time. I understand you are a busy man and I do not wish to interfere with your duties, but I would like to ask you a few questions.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Inferno »

OGRE MAGE wrote:The back door is locked...
The gentleman beast delicately, elegantly, gracefully, daintily, subtly forced the door open.

Opens doors on 1-4 on d6:
Door: [1d6] = 4
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#32 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Inferno wrote:Sir Ugghra, half-orc aristocrat:
OGRE MAGE wrote:The back door is locked...
The gentleman beast delicately, elegantly, gracefully, daintily, subtly forced the door open.

Opens doors on 1-4 on d6:
Door: [1d6] = 4
The door is easy enough to force open for the Regal Ransacker. It makes a bit of a loud crunching noise but he is pretty sure it wasn't heard by any of the passers by.

Inside, the place is an empty home with one main room and three smaller rooms off to the side. You notice nothing of value inside at all.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#33 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote:Father Dowling

The priest bows his head as he greets the captain. Indeed I do, good sir. My name is Father William Dowling, of Baskerville. If we could go inside and sit for a bit these old bones will thank you. I'd appreciate it if I could have a few minutes of your time. I understand you are a busy man and I do not wish to interfere with your duties, but I would like to ask you a few questions.
Captain Taneel looks at the priest for a long time with a look of suspicion in his eyes.

Very well Father, you may come inside and sit if you'd like. He allows you to enter his office and take a seat at a small table and chairs.

What is it that you need Father? I hope this isn't another inquiry about all the missing people rumors. If so, I'll tell you the same thing I've told everyone else, there's no proof of anything. If there was, I would have found something out by now.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Inferno »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Inside, the place is an empty home with one main room and three smaller rooms off to the side. You notice nothing of value inside at all.
The lordly leviathan reflected upon the words of the unladylike Ranger:
Cauchy wrote:Epi
"So Positive Steve was investigating the vanishings prior to his own disappearance a couple of months back. Is there a sheriff's office or would that be in this militia house? Captain Teneel is the new sheriff?"

He turns to the others, "Perhaps Positive Steve found something out which is why he was taken or whatever. He might have some notes about his investigation. Shall we check that out?"
If such an event had transpired, it was quite possible that Steve secreted this information in his home where it would have been much safer.

Sir Ugghra elegantly removed his fine gloves and began to search the barren home for secret panels or boards behind which could be cached papers of such dire importance.

He would cause no damage. It was delicate work, for which the refined gentleman's demeanour was perfectly suited, or so it seemed by all outward appearances.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#35 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ugghra takes the time to search the house thoroughly but finds no such stash. The place is completely empty.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Inferno »

Ugghra observes the back garden through a window. If all is clear, he will quietly depart the way he came in, still exuding an air of authority and license.

He'll then regroup with Epi, Orando and Dowling, and hopefully Odilo and Grillock, and perhaps proceed to the ruined tower before the hour grows too late.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Scott308

#37 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

The priest sighs happily as he takes a seat in the office. I will try not to take up too much of your time, Captain. I know you are busy and are only indulging an old man because he is a holy man. I would like to ask you about the abandoned tower to the north. What can you tell me about it, please?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#38 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Captain Taneel

Well sir, I can't say that I know anything about it at all.

I've only heard about it in passing and have never seen it. As far as I know, nobody goes out that way.

Why are you asking?

Scott308

#39 Post by Scott308 »

Father Dowling

Well, Captain, I am here as part of a group tasked with figuring out if indeed the disappearances throughout the years are related, and if so track down the person or creature responsible. We are planning on investigating the ruins of the tower, in case they are not truly abandoned. We have heard differing stories from people here in town, but I put little stock in the superstitious ramblings of the common folk. I was hoping that with your military background, you might have some information I could count on as being credible. I know you do not believe that there really is a problem with missing persons, but even you must admit that there seems to be a high number of townsfolk that have gone missing over the years.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#40 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The captain listens intently at the words of the cleric with a disturbed look on his face. By the time he replies, he seems downright pissed off.

Yes yes, I am aware that we might have "professionals" such as yourself about the town. That doesn't mean that I agree with the idea mind you.

If the Lady deems it necessary, I have no argument about it. I am guessing that you will find the same things out that I did.......NOTHING!

The captain glares at the priest.

I have not gone out to the tower ruins because I never had a reason to. If you want to look around at a pile of broken stone, more power to you. I have nothing further to offer as I have found no evidence of any foul play with these missing people.

Do what you must sir, but please keep me informed of any findings. I am the law around here you know! Will there be anything else or are you ready to leave me to my own work now?

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”