9. Five Months Later

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: 9. Five Months Later

#181 Post by GreyWolfVT »

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Dram »

Bragar- Continues to press the attack against his dead friend. My friend we not follow you. Let me send you to your eternal rest.

+3 Mace atk
+3 Mace tohit[1d20+4] = 14+4 = 18, todam[1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Zhym »

Still need moves for Lar and Castran. I'll NPC if necessary by tonight. Thanks.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Storm11 »

Castran again attacks the zombie menace.

PbP Forum code: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5 : [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 : [1d20-1] = 14-1 = 13 : [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Zhym »

Date: Trieluna 13, 1222
Time: 2:22 AM - Combat Round 9
Weather: Fog
Location: Bragar and Castran's Hideout (and the street outside it), Barovia

The armored zombie takes another swing at Lar. Excommunicator rings off Lar's armor, sounding like a bell through the misty streets. Lar and Bragar's combined blows finally take the zombie down. It falls to the ground in a clatter of steel.

All is quiet.

-----
Status: Bragar: 34/42 (C7), Castran: 23/23 (F5/I6); Gragog (F7): 49/49; Lar (P6): 35/40; Scarlett (C7/T5): 34/34; Agax (MU7): 45/45; Petyr (F4): 26/30; Bogdana (C3): 23/23; Shinyah (D7): 33/38, Honeynose: 26/28, Treescratcher: 29/29, Hihu: 4/4
Effects: Phantom Armor (Castran): 5 pts left; Protection from Evil (Scarlett, on self): 17 rounds
Last edited by Zhym on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Dram »

Bragar- Collect all Vorkaths belongings that he still has on him that look of importance. He will than say a prayer to his goddess so that Vorkath body may rest in piece. He will do this for all his dead friends.

My Lady Haela Brightaxe. These men fought against evil that holds these lands hostage. Let there souls rest in peace. Keep the evil from disturbing there eternal rest.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Storm11 »

"Some of their gear was magical in nature I remember. Check it with a spell if you can before we bury/cremate them." says the spellblade over his fallen comrades.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#188 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gragog clears his throat "Erm. Well off to the pyre with this one too. No disrespect, but no more fallen comrades rising from the dead tonight." and he begins moving the body to the designated fire site back near the house to burn the re-dead former comrades.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#189 Post by Cwreando »

OOC - Sorry for late reply. 2600 Motorcycle trip through 6 southwest states.

Lar says, "Thank you Ohama for your blessings. Well done friends. Let us make use of anything good they where using. If it is evil we must destroy it. I am sorry for if I seemed insensitive during the fight. This evil must be dealt with swiftly and by doing so we give your friends a quicker peace in the afterlife. I will help gather the remains to burn them while those that need rest do so. We should have someone guard them while the rest of us clean this up and get as much rest as we can also."

Lar begins helping the others out cleaning up and once done evaluates his armor and weapons for repairs and looks over the gear taken from the zombies for durability and use. He cleans his weapon and armor while watching over the others as they finish resting and grabs some rest as they alternate watches then prays to Ohama for the day.

Lar will coordinates with the clerics the best way to assist them with his healing gift if he still has it by healing the most serious wounded then letting the clerics heal what they can.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#190 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gragog "I'll volunteer for guard duty, if that suits everyone well."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Zhym »

Time: 2:30 AM

Some of the zombies were wearing the following gear that you don't usually see zombies wearing:

Vorkath: A set of gilt plate mail and shield, plus Excommunicator, the paladin's old broadsword
Agrippo: A spear
Fendt: Chain mail, mace
Iluq: Banded mail

There is talk of building a pyre to burn the zombies. Will you do that now, or leave them until morning? Building a pyre and letting it burn will take some time—at least an hour, perhaps two.

-----
Status: Bragar: 34/42 (C7), Castran: 23/23 (F5/I6); Gragog (F7): 49/49; Lar (P6): 35/40; Scarlett (C7/T5): 34/34; Agax (MU7): 45/45; Petyr (F4): 26/30; Bogdana (C3): 23/23; Shinyah (D7): 33/38, Honeynose: 26/28, Treescratcher: 29/29, Hihu: 4/4
Effects: Phantom Armor (Castran): 5 pts left; Protection from Evil (Scarlett, on self): 12 rounds
Last edited by Zhym on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#192 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gragog sets to guarding the soon to be pyre pile of dead zombies "Best get these burnt soon else something else will re-animate them again I fear." the Half-Orc suggests to anyone listening.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Storm11 »

If any of the shields is magical Castran is interested in taking one.
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#194 Post by Cwreando »

Lar says, "Let's get these bodies burned as soon as possible once we get the gear off them that's either wanted or of importance. We can rest in shifts after the fire is going good. I only want what is best for our quest and what will give us the best chance to put an end to this evil. If I get any of these items and I do not use one of my items it can be used by someone else. I don't want anyone alone. We work in pairs if at all possible from here on out. At least two people are awake on watch and never leave each others sight. I recommend the following pairs. Gragog and Agax, Bragar and Castran, Scarlett and Bogdana (Girls), Shinyah plus pets and Myself ? If you can detect magic please check the items before you rest for those that haven't rested yet."

Lar focuses on the area were the items are laid out and attempts to detect evil on the objects before handling them.
Lar examines the Gilt Plate mail and Excommunicator and is interested in them only if they are in good shape and it improves his ability to fight this evil.
Lar prays to Ohama for his daily ritual for guidance and healing gifts when he has time. Lar heals anyone with more severe injuries if he hasn't used his LOH yet before he rest.
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Storm11 »

"We found some pretty powerful maces in the castle. One of those might be one." the gnome replies.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#196 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gragog "That sounds like a plan I'll continue to set the bodies ablaze. As for the mace I can use it if anyone else is not in need of it, that or I can use the spear as a backup for the one I already have." the half-orc says as he goes about setting the zombies bodies ablaze.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by Zhym »

Time: 2:35 AM

Gragog sets to burning the zombies as Dram prays for their souls. Wood for the pyre is somewhat scarce, but Gragog is able to scrounge enough old furniture, firewood, and scraps to build a sizable fire in the street. Remarkably, Gragog is unmolested as he builds the fire. Once the fire is raging, however, a swarm of dozens of bats descends from the skies and swirls around the zombie fire and Gragog both. When the fire dies down an hour later, the bats disappear into the early morning fog.

Meanwhile, Bogdana and Petyr tend to the paralyzed Shinyah as best they can. His bears lie on the floor of in the main hall, virtually filling it by themselves, moping with their chins on the floor. After about half an hour, the druid emerges from his torpor and gives each bear a friendly scratch. He changes into a bear himself, then a snake, and then a bird, each form in a little better condition than the former. He shifts back to human form, then he and the bears all return to sleep.

Castran and Lar focus on the zombies' equipment. Lar finds that none of the gear is tainted with evil. Castran wonders if the mace might be one of the powerful ones his previous companions found in Strahd's treasure room, but on closer inspection it appears to be the lesser mace Fendt had carried with him when Castran met him. In fact, Castran recognizes all of the gear as items that the zombies had carried with them in life.

Everyone but Gragog is able to settle in for much-needed rest somewhere around 3:00 in the morning. Gragog, engaged with the building of the zombie fire, takes the first watch. Agax, having tossed and turned his way through the previous night's battle, takes the last morning watch.

You awake late in the morning. The casters immediately begin studying and praying for their spells for the day. By afternoon, you are ready to set out.
Let's say Castran and Bragar had enough information from seeing these items used before to know what they are:

Plate mail +1, human-sized, gilt with gold
Shield +1, with holy symbol of the One True God
Spear +1, bronzed
Chain mail +1
Mace +1
Banded mail +1

Feel free to allocate these as you want.

Bragar will need 2.5 hours to pray for spells if he wants to replace them all. That'll put you into the afternoon before you can go anywhere. If any of the non-casters want to run errands while the casters are preparing spells, just say so. Casters, please let me know if you want to change your spell list for the day.

Lar already laid hands to heal Petyr today (where "today" is defined as being between sleep cycles). If you want, I'll let him lay on hands for a new "day," but he won't be able to use it during the rest of the 13th.

I also corrected some phantom damage that somehow made it through Castran's phantom armor. I think that was the result of an edit I forgot to undo a few rounds back when I remembered that a PfE actually kept Castran from getting hit.
-----
Status: Bragar: 34/42 (C7), Castran: 23/23 (F5/I6); Gragog (F7): 49/49; Lar (P6): 35/40; Scarlett (C7/T5): 34/34; Agax (MU7): 45/45; Petyr (F4): 26/30; Bogdana (C3): 23/23; Shinyah (D7): 37/38, Honeynose: 26/28, Treescratcher: 29/29, Hihu: 4/4
Effects: Phantom Armor (Castran): 5 pts left; Protection from Evil (Scarlett, on self): 12 rounds

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Storm11 »

Thanks very much :)

Before sleeping he will recast invisibility upon a thiefy type who wishes to be the scout. If no one wants to he casts it on himself before resting and rememorises invisibility in the morning.

Castran will take the magical shield if no one objects and put on his magic leather armour under his blue wizards robes.

He will change his spell list opening up his grimoire and studying his incantations.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#199 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gragog at the very least takes the other spear found on one of the dead zombies as a spare to carry. "Well that was a long night for me. But what is the plan head out or wait until we have a full day to head out?"

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Inferno »

Zhym,
Having missed the zombie attack, did Agax have his spells recovered by morning?
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun