Act IV Mount Everglow

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

Re: Act IV Mount Everglow

#361 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar is intrigued to learn about the magical items before he settles in.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by tkrexx »

With a slightly confounded expression, Mira continues to point the rod to the cave mouth (And DUCKS when the enormous fly whizzes by!), and begins reciting painfully obvious command words. Fly! Launch! Flame on! Take off! Eagle! Cruise! Streak! Air! Take flight!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#363 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Barak taps the illusionist on the shoulder.

Scuse me miss but, if ya look at the drawings that the cleric pointed out again, I think you will get the idea.

maybe this will help
Inside the box is a long slender shaft of wood, about the same size as a broomstick that was cut in half. On the head of the shaft is an ornately carved eagles head. The butt of the shaft has feathers and thongs of what looks like leather that dangle from the end of it. They are held onto the wooden dowel by a band of gold metal.
In one image, she looks to be flying through the sky with something between her legs. You cant see what the item is but, there looks to be stringers or something like them shooting from her backside as she moves through the air.
Inferno wrote:Blodget, halfling thief:
Later, Blodget trembles once more in the forbidding shadow of Mister Brother Thomas. The little hobbit looks upon the painting that the mighty purging cleanser of evil indicated, and suddenly bursts out laughing, holding his ample belly and pointing at the woman flying via the explosive power of her own backside's magical toots!
"Now that's art that anyone can appreciate, and no mistake!"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas's spells are ready to go. Unless someone talks to him about something he'll just be waiting and resting.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by tkrexx »

Mira is aghast. You're not suggesting I... Put it.... There??

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#366 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Barak responds to the confused and embarrassed Mira.

Yes, yes, like a witches broom. Although I must say that, you would be the purtiest witch I have ever seen.

Didn't you ever pretend to ride a horse or griffon or something like that when you were a child? We did, but we always pretended we were riding on ponies. Horses are a little tall for my folk don't you know.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#367 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Feel free to continue whatever else you want to do in the cave before we move on to the morning.

When everyone is ready, we will resume the action here:

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=4836

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by tkrexx »

With a disgusted sound, Mira turns away a moment, then begins fiddling with her robe, drawing it up somewhat, trying to find the right way to come astraddle of the rod without seeming lascivious. Her conservative nature causes her no small amount of discomfort, her dark eyes flashing between party members and coming to rest on Blodget. Don't look! She snaps, then again, with a lower voice, tries various command words/phrases.

Fly. Soar. Launch. Take off. Air. Streak. Eagle. Cruise. Flit. Flutter. Wing. To Infinity and Beyond.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Dram »

Xano- Mira if you want some privacy maybe you should go behind the boulder pile outside. These men have have been out in the wild to long. I will make they stay inside, She smiles and points to the boulder pile.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#370 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once Mira straddles the rod, ( :shock: sorry) she realizes that all she needs to do is concentrate on flight and she is able to take off on her newly found hobby-eagle.

She takes to the frigid and dark skies for her own practice run and finds that the skill is easier to master than she thought. In no time at all she has the hang of flying on the strange device and even feels confident enough to be able to use her magic from a mounted position after a while.

Blodget and the dwarves watch the pair practicing their different maneuvers in the air with much amusement.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:
tkrexx wrote:Her conservative nature causes her no small amount of discomfort, her dark eyes flashing between party members and coming to rest on Blodget. Don't look! She snaps
Blodget jumps with a start and covers his face with both hands. "Beggin' your pardon! Please tell me when it's safe to look again, Mistress!"

OGRE MAGE wrote:She takes to the frigid and dark skies for her own practice run and finds that the skill is easier to master than she thought. In no time at all she has the hang of flying on the strange device...
From behind his hands, Blodget said, "Mistress?... Mistress?..."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by tkrexx »

When Mira returns with a bright smile, it's obvious all embarrassment is gone. It's fun! I think others should learn to use this wonderful item, we can never tell when any one of us will require the power of flight.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas remarks with a gruff tone, "Perhaps, Flight is useful. I prefer the ground myself."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”