#421 Post by Grognardsw »

Ah yes. I edited my post.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: OOC

#422 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Grognardsw wrote: Orando, magi

"The sheriff perished in the heat of battle.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice!

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Aaack! It stresses me out, in a meta-sense, to have my character hating on another character (I am a wuss.) but I don't see how Ozwaldus could react any other way. This is why alignments don't mix, people! :) At least I finally understand the lack of specified alignment on Orando's sheet. Chaotic Neutral, anyone? And that's being generous. ;)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#424 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I thought that I had made it brutally obvious several times that the ring was definitely NOT a normal magic item. Several times!

Also......

NOBODY should feel guilty about the actions that their characters take. Not even Grog. If he choses to run a character that every other character loves to hate, that is his prerogative. This isn't a Player vs. Player incident. It is simply character vs. character. No hard feelings either way from my end.

This is just a game remember. :D

So do whatever you think that your character would do. Just like Grog is doing.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by Grognardsw »

:lol: He adds such spice.

'It is absurd to divide people into good or bad. They are either charming or tedious.'

- Orando quoting his favorite sage Oscar Wilde

I would assume there'd be an initiative with Ugghra? As one doesn't suddenly unsheath a two-handed sword with the abruptness of slapping one in the face with the back of one's hand. But I think the end result would be the same in the end, so let the dramatic blow knock him out.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#427 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yes, I usually roll individual initiative (d10) for each player that doesn't add their own.

(I thought I had that detailed in the house rules but I must have forgot to add that post to this game) :oops:

It is supposed to look like this:
OGRE MAGE wrote:Combat Initiative

I usually use a d10 roll to determine the individual initiative order each round. However, in certain situations I will use a smaller die to simulate close combat in small areas, fighting multiple opponents, etc. If you want to roll your own initiative that is fine with me. Just include a d10 roll with your attack rolls and I will adjust it as necessary.

Please post your attack rolls and damage rolls along with you actions during combat.

When I post the rounds actions, I usually try to stick to the initiative order as it happens. However, sometimes it is easier to adjust the order in which things are occurring so it makes more sense while reading it. I'm only telling you this to prevent any possible confusion in the future.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#428 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Storm11 wrote:Angella will look to see if the ring is working. If not she will move to take it. "This could help restore poor limbless Steve could it not, for there is clearly nothing to be done here now, thanks to Orando!"
OGRE MAGE wrote:Much of the group finally seems to be getting fed up with the ongoing questionable and sometimes downright evil acts from the party's elf. The sudden agonizing death of the woman doesn't seem to bother Orando much at all. He simply commands his porter to replace the ring on her finger, thinking that it should make everything right again. It doesn't.

As soon as the magical ring is replaced, the terrible wounds begin to heal once again but, the woman remains deceased. Angella swipes at the unseen servant, hoping to dispel it, but finds it hard to see. Epi rushes to the woman's side, prying at her restraints, slowly freeing the woman from the horrible chains. Epi and Orando mix unfriendly words. The ranger ponders more of the facts, finding flaws in the logic of all of this.

With the help of Tyr's priest, Brother Tomas slowly gets to his feet. He is barely able to walk but, still does everything in his power to get into the room to see who is in the cage. When he finally sees that his first love is lying dead on the floor of the cage, he drops to his knees and begins to bawl.

I knew it! I knew it was her all along!!!

He looks around a bit more, taking in what he thinks has just occurred.

What has happened here? If April still wears her family's heirloom, how could she have passed away? The magic of the ring is supposed to prevent the wearer from dying.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by Storm11 »

Am away next week in Turkey so wifi may be limited but will try my best to keep up as I can :D
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#430 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Enjoy your trip Storm!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#431 Post by Storm11 »

Why thank you kindly. I shall try. I hate going on holiday myself :shock: ;) (spending three months mortgage on going abroad for a week always seems like a completely ridiculous notion to me - I mean if I hated being at home so much I would just move somewhere I did like and not use all my money to own and maintain my home that I need to be away from when am not at work ...) but my mate is having a big birthday and asked us all to go away for it .... so you can't really say no eh. :evil: :D
Greys Campaign.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#432 Post by Inferno »

Great ending, OM, to a great scenario! All the more impressive because it's home grown!

As much as I love writing Ugghra dialogue, I feel there's nothing to be gained by letting him and Orando bicker... further. The other PCs have suffered enough! :lol:

Thanks for DM-ing!
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#433 Post by Storm11 »

Thank you for the DMing very much :D
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#434 Post by Scott308 »

Good game, Rob. I'm actually surprised that the only character deaths were completely unrelated to Dowling not having any healing spells. This was probably the most eclectic group of characters, and they really were characters in multiple uses of the word, that I have ever had the pleasure to play with. This was a lot of fun. I had times that due to my character build, I really had to try to get creative with what Dowling could do to help out. Sometimes this lead to me not posting as quickly as I should have, so I apologize to everyone for occasionally slowing down the game.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#435 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Good game, fellas. Remind me never to play a straight up illusionist again. I guess it wasn't the first time I picked a character that wasn't super useful (see: straight up fighter in ToH). :) Still had a good time, though. Thanks for DMing, OgreMage.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#436 Post by Cauchy »

Thanks for the game Ogre Mage. I enjoyed it.

Thanks to all the players for keeping it interesting. :)

Some firsts to add to my adventuring experience:
  • First cleric with no healing spells.
    First half monster character. Inferno did it ever get tiresome typing.Sir.Ugghra's.dialogue?
    First hermaphrodite.
    I don't recall adventuring with a monk before (though DMed a henchman one). Did poor Angella ever hit anything? :)

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#437 Post by Inferno »

Cauchy wrote: First half monster character. Inferno did it ever get tiresome typing.Sir.Ugghra's.dialogue?
Actually, I took a perverse pleasure in it.
I would ask if it ever got tiresome to read, if I didn't already know the answer. :)
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#438 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol:

It was all splendid reading in my opinion.

I appreciate you all playing along!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#439 Post by Scott308 »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Remind me never to play a straight up illusionist again. I guess it wasn't the first time I picked a character that wasn't super useful
Really? I like illusionists. This may not have been the best adventure to play an illusionist, but they can be pretty effective characters.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#440 Post by Storm11 »

I think Angella may not have hit at all. Not the monks fault, I rarely play melee fighter types as I never ever hit :shock:
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”