Action Thread 9

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 9

#81 Post by Argennian »

OOC: All good points. Perhaps Yosef (and one other?) could be on the lookout, scanning/watching all those open windows and doorways with magic missile/ranged weapon while the remainder of the party clears out the buildings one at a time? Just a thought. (With that MM spell, to hit/range wouldn't matter so perhaps that's the better option?)

Now that I think about it, Yosef could handle that duty singularly, and from a higher vantage point, would be able to cover as much of the interior compound as possible (from top of the wall, entry towers, or that building?). Till is obviously the best equipped for a more encompassing/detailed reconnoiter but just worried about him running into something bad/dangerous and the rest of the party not being right there to back him up and come to his aid. I'm fine with whatever you guys decide tactics wise, regardless. :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#82 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:OOC: ... but just worried about him running into something bad/dangerous and the rest of the party not being right there to back him up and come to his aid...
Just one word: Ogre :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

Ok, then here is what we'll do...

Till, Yosef, Derek, Bruard, and Jeloon will enter through the breach in the wall that is nearest the front gate. Till will approach the eastern building entrance first and look inside to see if it is occupied or not. From the doorway, he'll look at the floors, walls, and ceilings. If it is unoccupied, then he'll wave the rest of the group on to head towards the two gate towers. We'll see if we can get Yosef up on top of one of them to keep an eye out for any activity in the compound while the rest of the team does a more thorough sweep of the out buildings.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#84 Post by migellito »

Alethan wrote:Ok, then here is what we'll do...

Till, Yosef, Derek, Bruard, and Jeloon will enter through the breach in the wall that is nearest the front gate. Till will approach the eastern building entrance first and look inside to see if it is occupied or not. From the doorway, he'll look at the floors, walls, and ceilings. If it is unoccupied, then he'll wave the rest of the group on to head towards the two gate towers. We'll see if we can get Yosef up on top of one of them to keep an eye out for any activity in the compound while the rest of the team does a more thorough sweep of the out buildings.
I'm a half-orc, and I approve this message.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Argennian »

migellito wrote:I'm a half-orc, and I approve this message.

:lol:

Also approved by the elves you know! Let's DO this! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#86 Post by ToniXX »

Sounds good to me.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – late morning

Sorry guys, long weekend at both jobs. Let me catch us up a bit. I should be able to get on the site at least once more today.

Till makes his way to the long building, stopping by the opening that once held the door, now on the ground, he takes a peek inside.

Like when he saw inside the walls, Till doesn't look shocked or in any way dismayed, as a takes a good long look in.

PM sent.

HPs: Jeloon - 24/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19; Derek - 36/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon & Derek; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 31 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (none lit), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by Alethan »

Till reports back to the group, "That's a nice solid building right there. Looks to be made better than the others, for some reason. Maybe it was the barracks or sommit? The windows are busted out, as they are everywhere else, and there's a room in the back with a door off the hinges. I didn't go in to check it out yet. I say we clear the two gate towers and get Yosef up on one of them, then we come back and make sure the rest of this building is secure. It might be our best bet if we want to bring the others in. It has plenty of room for the DAMs and should be easily defended, especially if the back room doesn't have any windows or just has one window."

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#89 Post by migellito »

"Sounds like a good plan Till." Jeloon takes the lead, easing in through the gap in the wall and heading for the nearest small gate tower.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Argennian »

Yosef nods, arrow still nocked in his shortbow and eyes still searching for any movement or potenetial danger while Till quickly debriefs with the party. After Jeloon responds, the elf offers his reply in turn.

"I am ready as well, friends. As dear old Dravic used to say, Let's do this!"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#91 Post by Alethan »

Till nods and follows Jeloon to the gate towers.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – late morning

Everyone follows Jeloon to the nearest (most eastern) gate tower. It's quiet and nothing happens during the short walk. Looking into the opening (there isn't a door) you can see a ladder leading up. The tower has no roof, but an interior ledge a little less than 10' up. The ledge is a good 2' - 3' wide, so there is a lot of shadows in the tower but it looks pretty well deserted.

The tower itself is only 10' or so in diameter, so two of you could fit in comfortably, though all of you could get yourselves in there if you tried.

I might have to PM Vok, he's been AFK for a while...

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 31 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (none lit), 40' radius.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

We'll examine them both thoroughly to make sure they are definitely deserted.

Then we'll send Yosef up one of the ladders to take position at the top. The rest of us will return to the eastern building. We'll enter the building and make our way to the back door. Once there, Till will try to get a look in the next room through the wrecked door and see if he can make anything out there.

Everyone with a magical sword will draw it, for our light sources.

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#94 Post by Vokarius »

Ok, Derek is good to go... he draws his sword.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#95 Post by migellito »

Jeloon asks that two torches be lit to examine the gate towers, so they can be thrust into shadows and corners in case of lurking spiders or the like.

After the two towers are secure, she draws her sword and goes with Till to the eastern building. About ten feet from the next door, she uses hand signals to ask Till to listen for noises.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – late morning

Again everyone follows Jeloon and Derek into the gate towers, after torches are lit I'm assuming that no one is holding them, throwing them into corners perhaps? and (though there aren't any webs) the party is unsurprised by 6 spiders (about 1' - 2' in diameter) jumping from above.Three jump on Jeloon and Derek inside the tower, three jump outside the tower where Bruard and Yosef are, Till is sort of in the arched opening of the tower, in between two groups.

Please someone roll initiative, and everyone declare attacks and make your rolls. Derek and Jeloon will get to attack first and last in Round 1, everyone else (spiders included) attack on initiative.

MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 31 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (60 minutes), 40' radius; Torch (60 minutes), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 1

Till will swing at one of the nearest spiders outside the tower.

To Hit, Short Sword +1 [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4

Obviously, he is thrown off guard by the spiders, even though he told himself he'd be looking out for just such things.

OOC: Bloody hell, my rolls are suck this week.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Argennian »

Yosef, not being able to attack with his shortbow and a nocked arrow to hand, drops them, and quickly casts his first magic missile spell at whichever spider is attacking him...

Yosef's 1st Magic Missile at spider:
[2d4+2] = 5+2 = 7

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3024

Edit/OOC: modified my post to reflect Yosef dropping his bow and arrow instead of throwing them and casting a spell, as this would actually indicate 2 attack attempts in the same round! :shock:

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#100 Post by Vokarius »

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”