0. Prelude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 0. Prelude

#421 Post by ybn1197 »

Athriel chuckled at the antics of Marshal and Ty. Like the two of them, Athriel's non-human blood meant he had a longer lifespan so trying to impress a full-blooded human confused him. As Petra tried to get information out of Kasadei, Athriel attempted to gaze around the busy office for anything that may aid them in the search.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#422 Post by dmw71 »

"Good morn, officer Kasadei," Petra starts, hoping her diplomacy skills will be productive. Kasadei doesn't mask the fact that she recognizes Natalya's name. "Yes," she starts. "Natalya is known petty burglar, who runs with the Tower Girls gang, so, yes, the City Watch is quite familiar with her. She's missing, you say?" she asks rhetorically as she turns to confirm something with a desk sergeant. "No, she hasn't been picked up by any patrols, and isn't here now." she confirms. "It's not surprising, though," she admits. "The Sczarni tend to try and solve their own problems."

"Your best bet would be to check with the Tower Girls."

While Petra dialogs with Kasadei, Athriel studies the busy office, looking for anything that may aid them in the search, and instead spies a 'wanted' poster with Plutivarch's likeness on it.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by tooleychris »

Petra nods her head in understanding, not hiding being impressed with Kasadeis knowledge. "As I said, who better to know than Arvensoar. You do your position proud, officer Kasadei. Thank you for your time."

Das
Guide
Guide

#424 Post by Das »

Marshal just stood up and headed out. He didn't see the need to ask much more or take up the officers valuable time.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#425 Post by Alethan »

After the officer leaves, Ty asks, "Now where to? The Tower Girls?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#426 Post by dmw71 »

If the group has nothing further for Kasadei, she returns to her normal duties.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by ybn1197 »

Athriel is going to take a closer look at the Wanted poster.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#428 Post by tooleychris »

"I don't much care for the idea of visiting any tower full of bandits." Petra adds.
"But I suppose it's the next logical step..."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#429 Post by dmw71 »

Athriel takes a closer look at the 'wanted' poster and confirms Plutivarch does have a 100 gold piece award for his safe apprehension.

While there's some hesitancy, the group begins to realize a visit to the 'Tower Girls' might be their best next step. Their planning is interrupted by a familiar voice. "You're still here?" Kasadei says with a hint of surprise in her voice as she returns to the front area on her way out. "Is there something else I can help you with?" she asks.

When the group mentions the 'Tower Girls' she sighes. "Locating them - like any of the Sczarni gangs - could be a problem," she admits. "As far as I know, the Tower Girls themselves have recently changed their headquarters, and no informants have been able to update the city watch as to their new headquarters. But --" she starts, clearly trying to recall a bit of information. A moment later she continues. "A few months back, the Tower Girls had a falling out with another Sczarni gang, the Wreckwash Blades. For several weeks after that, rumor was that the Tower Girls were slumming it in an abandoned warehouse in Underbridge that they shared with a disreputable local by the name of Fenster the Blight — he may know where the Tower Girls, or maybe even your Natalya, are located now." In a hurry, and not bothering to wait to see if the group is interested in the whereabouts of this warehouse, she shares with them directions to its location. "Well wishes," she says as she rushes off.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by tooleychris »

Petra gives Marshal an elbow in the ribs. "Feel like scouting out another abandoned building?"

Das
Guide
Guide

#431 Post by Das »

Marshal grumbled. "I feel like I wished I had some folks who listened to me the other night. We'd get a kidnapper off the street and all have 25 gold for our troubles..which we wouldn't have had." He crossed his arms. "Your all dwarfist. But.." He grumbled slightly smacking his lips. "The next abadoned building is mine to explore I suppose. Though I would say we should go check out their rivals first, since her fellows are looking for her also. So she isn't likely with them."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#432 Post by tooleychris »

Petra nods. "I to would have had that man off the streets and woe to him should our paths cross again."
She takes Shelly from her pack and strokes her head, thinking.
"Is also true we've heard her...affiliates are searching for her as well, but that IS hearsay...they may hide her since she appears to have many allegiances. Still the Sczarni gangs AND Tower Girls are like to have many rivals. Where to start if not the Tower Girls?"

Das
Guide
Guide

#433 Post by Das »

"I suppose we should......" He paused...his mind going back to that tavern and a those women who left early when talking to his comrades. He just rubs his face in frustration. He just sighed. "...let's go find those tower girls I suppose."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#434 Post by ybn1197 »

Athriel nods his head in agreement.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#435 Post by dmw71 »

Follow Kasadei's directions, the group is able to make their way to the abandoned warehouse in Underbridge where the Tower Girls and someone known as Fenster the Blight are rumored to be slumming. Their destination is found along the shoreline, in a particularly filthy stretch where tidal currents often cause the filth and refuse of the city to collect in stinking clots along the shore. Fenster’s home is a partially collapsed warehouse, with a relatively large open area within with a sort of crude shelter made from rowboats and timbers leaning against the warehouse’s frame in one corner.

The entrance to this hovel consists of a pair of skiffs leaning against each other to create a triangular “arch” from which a moldering remnant of a ship’s sail hangs like a curtain. Sitting next to the entrance is an old sea chest with a broken lid. A sign leans against the front of the chest—“LEEV A GIFT AND WATE OUTSID.”

A dented tin platter sits on the ground before the sign.

Actions?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Das
Guide
Guide

#436 Post by Das »

Marshal pulls out a crossbow bolt and drops it into the tin, to ensure it makes a pinging sound. Than he crossed his arms across his chest, one hand close enough to his axe to draw it should it matter.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#437 Post by dmw71 »

Nothing seems to happen.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#438 Post by Alethan »

Ty drops a silver piece onto the platter.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#439 Post by dmw71 »

A rustling sound is heard coming from within the crude shelter, but no one (or nothing) emerges immediately.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#440 Post by Alethan »

Ty sighs and drops a gold coin on the platter, as well...

Return to “Dave's Pathfinder Game”