0. Prelude

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 0. Prelude

#361 Post by tooleychris »

"Even less exciting than yours, I fear. I'm a bit of a scholar and just adore ancient Varisian lore. A girl supposedly acquired a Thassilonian relic and offered to let me study it. But, alas, she has failed to make our appointment. "

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#362 Post by Alethan »

Not wanting to interrupt the women's conversation, Ty is content to eat his meal in silence, for the time being, and just listen.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by ybn1197 »

Athriel does likewise.

Das
Guide
Guide

#364 Post by Das »

Marshal is in his room stripped down to his breeches. His clothing hanging to air out. His gear laid out on the floor to check for any damage or missing. He has a small set of twizzers trimming minor bits of his beard...so subtle only another dwarf would notice.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#365 Post by dmw71 »

Robine listens intently to Petra's sharing. "A Thassilonian relic, you say," she responds, before quickly addressing the missed appointment. "Perhaps this girl is one of the abducted?" she wonders aloud, placing the last bit of food on her plate in her mouth, joining Marora and Keylee whom had already finished their meals.

"I wish you well," she says. "But we really must leave no to make our rooms before dark."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by tooleychris »

isnt it like a couple hours after midnight?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#367 Post by dmw71 »

tooleychris wrote:isnt it like a couple hours after midnight?
You're right. My apologies.

I was clearly too tired when making my updates last night. I will revise/update again later this afternoon.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by tooleychris »

"I too must find sleep before the day starts new. May you be blessed." Petra goes back to her comrades.
"Unless there are further insights, I'm for bed..."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#369 Post by Alethan »

Ty wrinkles his brow, "That seemed to end rather abruptly, didn't it? Wonder why..."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by ybn1197 »

Athriel nods his head in agreement. "If I were a betting man, I would say they rushed out to confrere among themselves. Do you think they are interested in the relic?"

Das
Guide
Guide

#371 Post by Das »

Meanwhile...

Marshal is finishing up on night time workout than he hoped into his bed. His axe resting against it within reach...the rest of his gear packed and ready for a quick escape..he was always ready to run off if required.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by tooleychris »

Petra looks startled at Ty and Athriel. "I must be overly exhausted to have missed something? Why do you suspect?" Then in a hushed voice "How could they possibly know about our quest or its purpose?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#373 Post by Alethan »

Ty shakes his head, "I don't know if they did. I'm just saying it seemed like they ended your conversation really quickly after you mentioned her..."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#374 Post by dmw71 »

After Robine, Marora, and Keylee excuse themselves for the evening, perhaps too abruptly, Athriel, Petra, and Ty follow the lead of Marshal and settle into their rooms for the night where they enjoy an uninterrupted slumber.

The group wakes well-rested the following morning and enjoys another complimentary meal after making any individual preparations for the new day in their rooms.

So, what is the plan for the new day?

Also, feel free to role-play any last-minute events from the previous night if I jumped too far ahead.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by tooleychris »

Petra meets the rest in the breakfast hall the next morning.
"I'm out of ideas...did someone say they new where her father lived? Any other ideas?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by ybn1197 »

Athriel runs his hands through his hair in frustration. "What of the Tower Girls that the Amazing Zagrathy mentioned? He said they were looking for her. Maybe we or they can be of assistance in the search."

Das
Guide
Guide

#377 Post by Das »

Marshal joined the others and frowned. "So I was thinking..you might say I am mad. But I think we got set up the other night. The drunk knew we wanted to find the missing girl. So he sent us to the building, and than we find a wizard there who I do believe said something about wanting to take people away...and than both go missing. I think we need to find that mage again and make sure whatever he is doing with people stops. I think he knew more than he let on."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#378 Post by Alethan »

Ty shrugs, "Say we find the mage again. What do you want to do? Turn him in to the guard? We don't have any proof he did anything wrong. Or kill him? Again, we don't have any proof he did anything wrong. In any case, we can worry about the mage later; we need to find this Natalya girl and the sands of time do not stop falling."

"What do we know? She was in a Sczarni gang. She said they were going after an object. Then Sheila never heard from her again AND it sounds like the Sczarni are looking for her, as well."

"Sheila suggested a few things - that she was picked up by Nidalese slavers, that she may have been picked up by the city guard, and that she visited that Zograthy bloke. We already checked with him. Maybe we should try the city guard, visit Arvensoar and see if they have her locked up or know anything about her or the Nidalese abductions."
Also, we should consider assigning the dagger and ring to someone, just so they get used. The dagger isn't such a big deal, but the ring is obviouslye one of Featherfall. Maybe people should dice for it? The winner doesn't get a shot at the next magical item that we find? And so on, until everyone has an item. Then people can trade if they want.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by tooleychris »

if we use a need before greed philosophy, Petra could sure use a melee weapon. And thanks for the recap. It was sorely needed! Hard to scan through all of that.

Das
Guide
Guide

#380 Post by Das »

Marshal just rubbed the bridge of his nose in frustration than shrugged. "Whatever you lot want to do....i'm in with you till the job is done." He smiled slightly.

Return to “Dave's Pathfinder Game”