IX. The Witch Towner - Third Trip

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: IX. The Witch Towner - Third Trip

#281 Post by dmw71 »

With all the twists and turns, and having followed passages and tunnels both long and short, Sparrow is unable to get a feeling as to where the group is presently in relation to where they would be at the surface, at least not with a high level of confidence. He does suspect they are somewhere within 100-feet or so of where they started.

The tunnel exiting the current location runs north, but without further examination, it's impossible to know how far it runs, or whether it turns in another direction.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Storm11 »

"We could perhaps do with taking the Wizards body with us. I hear tell of clergy that can converse with the spirits of the dead. Information like that could be very useful to the town in ascertaining what exactly transpired here."
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by AleBelly »

"A good idea to be sure" remarks Sylvan, "but I'd rather live an old wizard's body behind than gold and silver. "

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#284 Post by Alethan »

Ciar will return to the surface with his bag of silver (the gold and platinum being on his person already). Once back in town, he will see if Nilos, at the Shrine of the Seven Roses, is available and inquire as to how much one of his healing wands would cost. He will relay that information to the rest of the group.

If everyone agrees to chip in and buy a wand, and if the party has the funds to do so, then he will contribute an equal share, if possible.

Then, after a quick meal, Ciar will retire to his private room for the evening.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan will remind Ciar to make sure anyone can use the healing wand, or at least that someone in the party can.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#286 Post by dmw71 »

Kassal wonders if the group should return Hunclay's body to the surface, but Sylvan comments that he'd rather leave an old wizard's body behind than gold and silver. With the group planning to inquire as to the cost of a healing wand, money wins out, with only the copper left behind.

Ciar, the only member of the group to have met Nilos, seller of the healing wands, agrees to return to the Shrine of the Seven Roses to learn more, including any restrictions on the wands use.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#287 Post by dmw71 »

Everyone is welcomed back to the Wise Piper by Talia. "So long as you're working for Lady Devy, your stay here is free," she assures them.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#288 Post by Alethan »

Ciar returns from his visit to the priest and informs everyone of what he found out.

"The priest said he has two wands and he explained the differences between the two:
  • The first, which at 6,000 gold pieces is more expensive, is able to, with only few limitations, cure disease, blindness, insanity, and it also cures wounds. Each function drains one charge, and there are 43 charges remaining.
  • The second, at a more modest price of 750 gold pieces, had just finished being crafted by an acolyte at the church. It is strictly used for healing minor wounds, but has a full compliment of 50 charges.

I don't really know what 'charges' means. An he said either wand will function in the hands of a priest, 'whether it be one of man or one of nature'. Don't really know what that means, either. But I think we could maybe chip in and have enough to get the second wand; it might be quite helpful, reducing our need to return to towns for resting."

He indicates his willingness to put 970 silver coins and 53 gold coins towards the purchase of the second wand. ooc: 150gp/person should cover it.

That would also, incidentally, negate his need to locate a money lender or jeweler to transfer his coin into something more portable.

If everyone agrees to buying the wand, he'll lead them to the temple, but he can't carry all of the coin himself.

Once all of that business is concluded, he eats a quick meal and retires to his room.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#289 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ciar sure likes to go to his room a lot. ??? :lol:
Sparrow nods in agreement.

I also admit to not knowing much about wands and charges but, I think Ciar is right. We should buy anything that will help heal us. Eventually we won't be able to keep traveling back to town every time someone gets hurt.

I will be happy to donate as well and go with you to help with the purchase.

970 sp and 53 gp deducted

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#290 Post by Alethan »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
Wut? He needs 'is sleep, doesn't 'e? Takes all the damage for the team, he does!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by AleBelly »

Alethan wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote:
Wut? He needs 'is sleep, doesn't 'e? Takes all the damage for the team, he does!
In other news, scarcity has led to a doubling in the cost of hand lotion in Belhaim.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal agrees to giving up all his silver for the cause but he only has 23 golds and 2 platinum pieces to his name.
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by AleBelly »

"I left most of my gold in Sandpoint" says Sylvan. "I have nearly a thousand silver and can part with maybe 30 more gold, but I need to keep a very modest reserve for my needs. Let's try to use the gems if we can to make up the difference for the healing wand."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Storm11 »

"if we each have nearly 1000 silvers that's 100 golds each. The gems come to about 225 golds. So there's only about 30 golds more to find between us no?" says the gnome to the others. "if anyone wants to swap out 25 golds for a gem from their personal coin that makes sense and changes nothing really."
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”