Session 26: The Smiting of Tiamut

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Session 26: The Smiting of Tiamut

#1 Post by Johnny Champion »

Refer to this Topic for informations and questions related to the next session 4/14

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 26: The Smiting of Tiamut

#2 Post by Johnny Champion »

With the mighty goddess Tiamat banned back to the Shadowfell for at least another cycle, the party sits in amazement as the smoke, fumes and dust of her earthly remains disappears. Remaining are the beautiful and priceless gems that adorned her 5 heads (information on this already available). The party was also able to locate the powerful Galdaneth stone and soon you begin your travels back to Kenewald.

Kenewald, the fair city on the hill, a bastion of civilization south of the Maurgahr Plains, seems to be the most logical place for the party to relax and consider its options.

General Information: The city is governed by a City Council of 5 leading houses. All but one have large estates around the city and each has active knights and guards (25-50).

The family names are:
Hamaths
Fanblades
Wisyms
Folke
Manders

The population is nearly 8,000 (80% human, 15% dwarf, 3% elf, 2% other). The town sits on an isolated hill with a low circular wall with 3 gates. The primary gate is the Merchants Gate on the eastern side, the Double Gate on the North (the largest and used mainly by military and pilgrims) and the River Gate on the southwestern wall. Much of the population lives outside the city walls in the small hamlets and farms that ring the city. The city is active and prosperous but militaristic, guards and mounted knights patrol the city streets and have a strong presence.

There are 4 main districts:
Merchant District: Magic Guild, Inns, restaurants, market street, Merchant guild, middle class homes
Adventurer District: Fighters guild, inns, restaurants, blacksmiths, etc...
Dark District: Taverns, poor housing, thieves, commoners
Royal District: Town hall, temples and noble homes.

Kenewald, of The Five Cities
City Kenewald, Of the Five Cities
City Kenewald, Of the Five Cities
Kenewald (2).jpg (976.85 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
Establishments:
Inn: Scoundrel and Chariot: The inn is a simple wooden shack, with a small hedged yard.
On Mill Road, southeast of the town Hall. Innkeeper: Male Halfling named Asson.

Inn: Dragon and Unicorn Inn: On Crystal Orb Lane, near a rune-carved monolith and ornamental garden. The inn is a large two-storey timber framed building, with a large cellar.
Innkeeper: Male human named Reider.

Tavern: The Hunter and Cup: On Marsh Street, in the adventurers district of exotic shops and bold explorers. It stands adjacent to the Magic Guild called The Yellow Staff.
Owner: Tall female elf named Gilme

Tavern: The Wandering Nymph: In the Adventurers District, near the Marauder's Gate. Owner: Female elf named Celebrie

Tavern: Lyrical Wererat Tavern: Located between Adventurer's and Dark Districts. Slate roof, outside seating, 2 floors wooden building. Bartender Ranulf Polgate

Magic Guild: Yellow Staff: Master Vairgild Bethra

Armorer: Ildeg's Armor and Shield: On Ravens Street, near market center. Dwarf named Ildeg Brolditor.

Blacksmith/Firescale: Alaran's Flame: On Blackstone Avenue, in the Merchants District of noisy taverns and tough mercenaries. It stands adjacent to the grand hall of the Merchants Guild. The shop is a two-story building. Owner: Alaran Misguut, Human male.

Blacksmith: Anvil of Barth: Located on side road near the Merchants District. The open shop is a single story timber framed building with forging in the back courtyard. Dwarf male named Rinuldt.

Alchemist: Mirodor's Apothecary: On Falls Approach, northeast of the Merchant's Gate. The street outside is lined with street vendors hawking their goods. Owner: Judette Mirodor, human female.

Fighter Guild: Golden Sword: Located in the Adventurers District on Ronsum Street, 2 story large building with a large courtyard for training: Master Yerk Sodith

Thieves Guild: Silken Source: Located of Marsh St in the Dark Quarter: Master Nimla Thornwood

Town Hall:
Mayor Heorud Fanblade
Constable: Tostig Manders
Magistrate: Torphin Invercaster

Merchant Guild: Spice Trader: Master Daraba, Human Male

Temple of Ares:
Temple of Malazar: Prelate Farman Bradborough
Temple of Telstoy:
Temple of Empethican:

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

XP and Levels

#3 Post by Johnny Champion »

To All:

Lumiere is now reached her maximum level: She is now High Patroness of Malazar: 20th Level
Tungsten has now reached his maximum level: He is Knight of the First Order: 20th Level
Mooket has reached 20 combined levels:
Rickul has reached his maximum level: He is Ranger, Most Exalted: 20th Level
Kaleb has reached his maximum level: He is Grand Master, Paladin of Malazar: 20th Level
Faelwen has reached her maximum level: She is First of the Arcane Arts: 20th Level

Nihil has leveled up +25%
Groot is at a standstill: :(

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Agnati »

Upon discovering that Kenewald has a Firescale, he heads there as he has depleted most of his magical ammunition.
"Master Alaran, I have dire need of your services. Would luck have it that you keep a stock of magical arrows of any sort? do you also have any extra supplies in stock that I may barter your services to produce some more exotic equipment? I, myself, have an abundanceof fine gems and platinum coin along with the following hard-won materials available for use, if they can be of use, of course:
(Obviously, the rest of Helious Verum can veto the use of any of these materials, and any that he is willing/able to use will pend the party's approval)
  • (2) Complete sets of Beholder eyes
  • (2) Gallons of Ankeg Acid
  • (10) Ancient Green Dragon scales
  • (3) Ancient Green Dragon teeth
  • (2) Chimera-Goat horns
  • (4) Chimera-Great Dragon teeth
  • (2) Chimera-Lion teeth

I have heard stories of your incredible craftsmanship and I will pay you handsomely for your time
..."

He also considers having some +12 Black Obsidian arrows crafted, but he fears it may leave a small crater on top of this hilled-city :? .....
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: XP and Levels

#5 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:To All:

Lumiere is now reached her maximum level: She is now High Patroness of Malazar: 20th Level
Tungsten has now reached his maximum level: He is Knight of the First Order: 20th Level
Mooket has reached 20 combined levels:
Rickul has reached his maximum level: He is Ranger, Most Exalted: 20th Level
Kaleb has reached his maximum level: He is Grand Master, Paladin of Malazar: 20th Level
Faelwen has reached her maximum level: She is First of the Arcane Arts: 20th Level

Nihil has leveled up +25%
Groot is at a standstill: :(
This raises Kaleb two levels. U don't know if that's your intention or not, but I wanted to make you aware that he was 18 at the last game.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Agnati »

At lvl 20
Phb wrote:Foe Slayer
At 20th level, you become an unparalleled hunter of your enemies. Once on each of your turns, you can add your Wisdom modifier to the attack roll or the damage roll of an attack you make against one of your favored enemies. You can choose to use this feature before or after the roll, but before any effects of the roll are applied.
Rickul's favored enemies are Undead, Giants, & Dragons (would this be better defined as dragonkind?)
And yes, this is why he took the feat to get his Wisdom up to 20 (+5 mod) a few levels ago!

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Agnati »

Agnati wrote:Upon discovering that Kenewald has a Firescale, he heads there as he has depleted most of his magical ammunition.
"Master Alaran, I have dire need of your services. Would luck have it that you keep a stock of magical arrows of any sort? do you also have any extra supplies in stock that I may barter your services to produce some more exotic equipment? I, myself, have an abundanceof fine gems and platinum coin along with the following hard-won materials available for use, if they can be of use, of course:
(Obviously, the rest of Helious Verum can veto the use of any of these materials, and any that he is willing/able to use will pend the party's approval)
  • (2) Chimera-Goat horns
  • (2) Chimera-Lion teeth

I have heard stories of your incredible craftsmanship and I will pay you handsomely for your time
..."

He also considers having some +12 Black Obsidian arrows crafted, but he fears it may leave a small crater on top of this hilled-city :? .....
Also, if useable, he has five purple worm teeth affixed to his shield he's willing to use and lose the +2 vs Grapple bonus from the shield.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:Upon discovering that Kenewald has a Firescale, he heads there as he has depleted most of his magical ammunition.
  • (2) Chimera-Goat horns
  • (2) Chimera-Lion teeth

..."

Alaran: "Most Exalted Ranger, I am honored that you would ask of me this service. I would craft a quiver (20) arrows for 3000 gp. Please provide me the acceptable gems, It need not be 20 but they require the value that the gods required. They will be ready in 2 days. I could use 1 gallon of the Ankheg acid in a special set of arrows (5). These I can offer for 1500 gp and are a specialty of my family"

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Rhourk »

Kaleb and Nihil have money, get as many badass arrows as you can.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Rhourk »

Nihil wants to know how much XP ranger followers are worth. Bubbles is close to a level.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:
Johnny Champion wrote:Alaran: "Most Exalted Ranger, I am honored that you would ask of me this service. I would craft a quiver (20) arrows for 3000 gp. Please provide me the acceptable gems, It need not be 20 but they require the value that the gods required. They will be ready in 2 days. I could use 1 gallon of the Ankheg acid in a special set of arrows (5). These I can offer for 1500 gp and are a specialty of my family"
Rickul:"I have these fifteen Amethyst you can use. They may be small in size, but they're cut and of good quality (and worth 8.5k, much more than required) , the Ankheg acid, and here is all the gold you require."

When the arrows are picked up or delivered, I will insist he accept an additional 500gp and a green Cat's Eye worth around 1,100gp for his assistance and reverence.
None of these gems are usable as spell components, btw, George, but (obviously) all these gems are up for argument from any party member.
I've adjusted my sheet for the loss of 4k gp
Alaran: "The Amethyst, both in clarity and value, is more than sufficient, I have no need for the additional gold. The acid is of good quality. I will get to work."

DM: After 4 days:

Alaran: "My most exalted Ranger; Your quiver of arrows is now ready. I was able to imbue 5 of the 20 with additional magic and power. The Acid Arrows are also ready. And thank you, I gladly accept the 500gp and Cat's Eye."

DM: (15) +1 Arrows, (5) +1 Arrows (x2 Damage 50% chance on hit, requires natural '12' or greater for effect, lesser archers require natural '18'), (5) +2 Acid Arrows (x3, +3d6 dmg, ST(dx) 14 or 1/2)

If you have questions...let me know.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:Note: During all of this, Rickul has his bow, Plator, firmly fastened around his chest so that he can "sense evil" and "sense motive" during his conversations.... though he begins to doubt it's "powers" after it was asked and didn't mention that there was any sense of evil when he was standing in front of Vecna in disguise! lol

After his business with Master Alaran at Alaran's Flame, Rickul stops by Mirodor's Apothecary.
"Greetings lady Mirodor. I would like to purchase healing and rejuvenation potions for myself and my companions. What is your price for such items?
Also, I'm in the market for anything you may have that is more.....
exotic, if you have any stock."

Lady Mirodor: "I have been told to provide you what you ask, assuming of course I have it. Rejuventation potions...yes...let me check the back room. I have found 8 potions of Rejuvenation (1,000gp each).

But I also have these rare and expensive items:
* Potion of Aphrodite (Beauty) (5,000gp)
* Potion of Gianticus Duratus (Frost Giant Control) (7,500gp)
* Elixir of Path Discovery (1,500gp)
* Oil of Magic Dispel (1,000gp)
* Potion of Disguise (2,500gp)
* Gazing Potion of Fear (1,500gp)
* Oil of Identify Item (500gp)
* Potion of Invulnerability to Cold (2,500gp)
* Potion of Invulnerability to Magic (8,000gp)
* Elixir of Mind Control (10,000gp)
* Liquid of Stone to Flesh (500gp)

After whatever dealings with Judette, he enters Ildeg's armor & Shield armory.
"Master Brolditor. I've come to admire your fine craftsmanship. I've heard rumors that you're the best armorsmith in the region. Would you have any special equipment or enhancements to my own gear for trade or sell for either coin or service? There is one thing I had in mind, though. This is the mithril chain I wear into battle. I would be honored if you would somehow fasten an emblem to it's chest of a great dragon being pierced by an arrow similar to what I have drawn here."
Ildeg: "Master Ranger, it is my honor to offer my services. This will be my primary task Ser Rickul. 1 week and 1,000 gp would fit my budget kind ranger."

And then over to Master Rinuldt of the Anvil of Barth blacksmith.
"Master Rinuldt, you are well respected for your fine arms. Rumor has it the only thing sharper than your weapons in these lands is your wit! Tell me, do you have any items that may be of use for either myself or the party I travel with? Are there any modifications you are skilled with that could be advantageous in our travels?"

Rinuldt: "I am but a craftsman of metal and might. Your weapons are of another age and spirit. It is fine site to see such weaponery! But I have these specialty restraints for use with magical and powerful humanoids that have come in handy for adventurers in times passed" DM: If you have ideas..i am open to discuss.

Making a intentional stop by the local Temple of Malazar, he praises his god for His aid thus far in the lives of he and his friends and asks for Malazar's blessing, inspiration, and direction for his party before anonymously donating 100pp to the coffers on his way out.

Then off to the Dragon & Unicorn Inn. "Greetings Master Reider. What rooms do you have available for the evening? My party and I will require seven rooms if you have them available. We need nothing special, lest we burden you or your staff. Just a clean place to sleep tonight would be appreciated." (Pays for all rooms and tips generously. Then gives names of the party after reservation is made, so they can simply "check in" whenever they want).
There he spends the remainder of the afternoon in meditation & relaxation until the next morning.

Proprietor Reider: "We have the rooms you seek. THe finest in my humble establishment. 200gp for the 7 rooms for 1 week."

A little before mid-day, he'll make his way to the Yellow Staff and ask Master Vairgild Bethra if there is anything they may be able to teach him (because.... why not?).
He also shows the special longsword he's carried with him since his new brothers and sisters in arms first rescued him over a year ago.
"Before I leave, I'd like to ask a personal favor, if I may."
He uncovers a beautiful longsword he brought especially for Vairgild's advise. The only thing more impressive than the reflection from the blades polished surface is the dancing lights of the jewels that decorate its haft.
"This is a longsword that has long since had it's magical properties dispelled. It's name is "Forgon" and I would be honored if I could wield it in battle once more. Do you have any means of restoring it's former powers or, possibly, making it able to defend the innocent and judge the evil of this world even more harshly than before?

Vairgild: "There are items and components that I crave. Those would be necessary to perform such a task. It is too lowly of an adventure for your powerful party. Perhaps young adventurers would likely be interested."

After concluding his business at the Yellow Staff, he heads to the Golden Sword fighter's guild and offers himself as assistance to Master Yerk Sodith with practice in skills for himself and/or his trainees for most of the afternoon, free of charge, (and inquires as to any needs he may have in finances or equipment) before going to whichever tavern has more "middle-class" feel to it and buying a round for everyone and pick up on local gossip.

DM: You are quite the local legend now. You stay for hours and are offered services by many. Local rangers, training at the Golden Sword, have requested a meeting with you in their conclave several miles from the city.

Most importantly: After each of these encounters, he inquires as to how the affairs of Kenewald are going and their perception of the ruling families. Rumors and such.

DM: More to come....

Soooooooo...... How much work did I just create for the DM? :?
Last edited by Johnny Champion on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:Nihil wants to know how much XP ranger followers are worth. Bubbles is close to a level.
DM: Assuming that they are disintegrated fully, they each are worth 5,000XP.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:Also, at this point, I think it'd be safe to send a winged messenger to Grem, in Greenhaven, telling him to sell the boat he's been babysitting for months and pocket whatever earnings it brings, then meet Lander & Mei (another messenger will be sent to them) in Wesphalia and await Rickul, personally, there. A fourth messenger will be sent to Leopold IV, Grand Duke of Wesphalia, asking that any supplies, equipment, room, board, etc, be given freely to his friends and payment in full will be given when he returns within two week's time.

Grem, Lander, & Mei don't know it yet, but Rickul plans on asking them to accompany him where ever he goes once his primary quest is complete. Certainly they have gained a few levels doing side-quests while they waited on Rickul. He now wants to teach them all he knows of being a Ranger of Noveau.
There will be legends told of a small band of four Rangers traveling the lands helping all who cross paths with them and leaving a wake of vanquished evil behind them.
DM: Grem has received your note. He has returned the messenger and informed you he is already on his way to meet his companions in Wesphalia. There are other rangers, fighters and even a bard, that have gathered around Grem...knowing his role with the Mighty Ranger of Nouveau, Rickul. He has instructed them to journey to Wyndam and await the construction of the Ranger Conclave in the Scholl Valley. He provided them with some gold for their journey. He will tell you more upon his arrival.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:Ildeg: "Master Ranger, it is my honor to offer my services. This will be my primary task Ser Rickul. 1 week and 1,000 gp would fit my budget kind ranger."
100pp given and a 375gp amethyst given as tip
Johnny Champion wrote:Proprietor Reider: "We have the rooms you seek. THe finest in my humble establishment. 200gp for the 7 rooms for 1 week."
20pp given and a 375gp amethyst given as tip
Johnny Champion wrote:Lady Mirodor: "I have been told to provide you what you ask, assuming of course I have it. Rejuventation potions...yes...let me check the back room. I have found 8 potions of Rejuvenation (1,000gp each).

• Potion of Aphrodite (Beauty) (5,000gp)
  • Potion of Gianticus Duratus (Frost Giant Control) (7,500gp)
  • Elixir of Path Discovery (1,500gp)
  • Dispel Magic (1,000gp)
  • Disguise Self (2,500gp)
  • Gaze of Fear (1,500gp)
  • Identify Item (500gp)
  • Invulnerability to Cold (2,500gp)
  • Invulnerability to Magic (8,000gp)
  • Mind Control (10,000gp)
  • Stone to Flesh (500gp)
Rickul asks to go to the back room with her while he gives her 64,500gp for the following:
  • 1 Potion of Gianticus Duratus (Frost Giant Control) (Same CHA challenge for 1d4 rounds of control like the water ele control?)
  • 3 Elixir of Path Discovery (description?)
  • 5 Dispel Magic
  • 1 Disguise Self (duration?)
  • 2 Gaze of Fear (description?)
  • 5 Identify Item
  • 5 Invulnerability to Cold (description/duration?)
  • 2 Invulnerability to Magic (description/duration?)
  • 1 Mind Control (description?)
  • 2 Stone to Flesh
Having 72gp remaining outside the wealth of gems. lol
Johnny Champion wrote:
Rhourk wrote:Nihil wants to know how much XP ranger followers are worth. Bubbles is close to a level.
DM: Assuming that they are disintegrated fully, they each are worth 5,000XP.
The legend I spoke of earlier contained the story "The four rangers (queue ominous thunder) and the hunt for Bubbles". :o

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen recommends that we purchase every potion available. JIC

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:
Johnny Champion wrote:(5) +2 Acid Arrows (x3, +3d6 dmg, ST(dx) 14 or 1/2)[/color]
What does the "x3" refer to?
X3 means 3 usages of the acid effect. You have to keep track.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Johnny Champion »

Questions related to potion effects are on Google site

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:Faelwen recommends that we purchase every potion available. JIC
Kaleb and Nihil stand behind her and vigorously nod with approval.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:Lady Mirodor: "I have been told to provide you what you ask, assuming of course I have it. Rejuventation potions...yes...let me check the back room. I have found 8 potions of Rejuvenation (1,000gp each).

• Potion of Aphrodite (Beauty) (5,000gp)
  • Potion of Gianticus Duratus (Frost Giant Control) (7,500gp)
  • Elixir of Path Discovery (1,500gp)
  • Dispel Magic (1,000gp)
  • Disguise Self (2,500gp)
  • Gaze of Fear (1,500gp)
  • Identify Item (500gp)
  • Invulnerability to Cold (2,500gp)
  • Invulnerability to Magic (8,000gp)
  • Mind Control (10,000gp)
  • Stone to Flesh (500gp)
BTW, guys, I added a "sort" column to the potions spreadsheet. Add anything next to a potion name and then filter the column to remove the blanks and there's a list of whatever potions we're looking into a the time.

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”