(CLOSED) The Haunting of Griffon Manor

Antman9
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: The Haunting of Griffon Manor

#121 Post by Antman9 »

[Bartholomew Bumblewoodtooth Grumblefoot III – Common Gnome Alchemist 9] (HP: 54/54) (AC: 8)
Actions: Agrees to Join the party

Bartholomew listens intently with the wooden cup clamped tightly to his ear, mumbling an occasional "Ok" as Zirus relays the information of the sighting. "His eyes widen as he shouts back into the cup, "I'm on my way."
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by Antman9 »

[Phlunk Sludge Dipperthong – Gully Dwarf Magic User 2] (SP: 20/20) (HP: 18/18) (AC: 7)
Actions: Eyeballs the Manor

Phlunk looks from one party member to another as they discuss the manor and it’s authenticity as a ghost abode then offers his own 2 cents, “I did no say it was the source of the ghosts, only that it was rumored to have been. It looks very dark and gloomy, and yes Gorthak is it?, it certainly does not look safe to me. It does lookee a bit ominous, wouldee you say?

Phlunk looks between Gorthak and Seeker unsure what to do.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by Antman9 »

Summary: To bust a manor or not

The party, now converged on the manor, considers their options and questions whether the manor they are standing in front of is in fact the source of the ghosts. Seeker and Gorthak begin a battle of wits ending with Seeker waving the Minotaur off with a hand and heading toward the sound of the woman’s scream. He doesn’t make it very far before the scream returns, this time nearby. The woman lets out a loud cry and rounds the corner of a nearby alley, revealing herself to be the very same Elf Maiden seen near the Belfrey Tower earlier.
Elf_Maiden.jpg
Elf_Maiden.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 824 times
She shoots past the party with a blood curdling cry and stops just in front of the old rusty iron gates. She turns around, looking directly at the members of the party for the first time, and gives them a deep pleading look before turning and running through the old iron gates, trees, and through the wood of the manor’s front door, passing through them as if they had no substance at all. As the party watches, most likely perplexed and confused, several of the darkened windows on the upper floor flash to life with a brilliant white light.

The thunder and heavy rain give way to light showers and the sky lightens considerably.

What you know so far:
> There are ghosts disrupting daily life on the west side of town.
> The only business you know of on the west side of town is The Belfrey Tower (inn & pub) (owned and operated by a Human - John Tom) (Everyone made a short stay here when they first arrived at Dragons Belch)
> The ghosts may be coming from a place called Griffon Manor which may have been owned my a man named Gunter Weiss who may have married a young lady named Erika and something very bad may have happened there.
> Phlunk believes there is additional information in a local library which he has offered to take the party to.
> Zirus and Tobias believe the Giant Humanoid to be a warrior class of a spacefaring race that comes from the moon.
> Seeker can speak to the Giant Humanoid in some strange language no one has heard before.
> Gunter Weiss was a Wizard toying with rejuvenation and longevity magics
> Phlunk is in fact a magic user under the tutelage of Netheril and may have a drinking problem. But he is very serious about magics.

Actions!

The Party:

PC’s
Zirus
Gorthak
Gort
Caiden
Seeker

NPC’s
Tobias
Phlunk Sludge Dipperthong - Male - Gully Dwarf - Magic-User 2

Others
n/a

Enemies
n/a

Calendar:
6:01 pm
June 27th, 9001

Sun Rise/Set: 5:38/8:30
Temp: 73.9°F
Visibility: 8.0 Miles
Wind: 8.1 mph SSW
Cloud: light Rain
Humidity: 93%
Moon Rise/Set: 6:07 am/8:36 pm
Moonlight: 3%
(2014-KFMY)

Translations
n/a

Special Weapons in Play
Pills of Devouring: Chewers Delight
Mouth increases in size by 4 times
8 pills total
Duration: 1d4 Turns (1 turn = 10 rounds, 1 round = 1 min)
Damage: 3d6 hp per bite

The Ghost Trapper
This wooden contraption consists of a long shaft, several feet long with a narrow slot running the length of it and a jumble of heavy spider thread-like material protruding from the end. Attached to the other end is a shoulder stock with two dials and a trigger mechanism. A length of the spider thread comes out of the barrel at the stock end and hangs out several feet. One end of the lasso attaches to the character’s waist, sight the incorporeal entity (ghost) along the barrel, and pull the trigger. The lasso shoots out entrapping the entity. A dial on the top of the gun retracts the lasso once the entity has been dealt with and another dial sets the trigger

Range: 50’
Requires and attack roll
Effect: Holds incorporeal entity indefinitely
Secondary Effect: delivers a shock to corporeal entities (living beings) dealing 2d6 points of electrical damage.

The Orc Slayer
The Orc Slayer is a magically hardened Obsidian axe head mounted to a thick Bois D’arc wood shaft with Liana cord. The extremely sharp nature of obsidian, hardened by magic, and coupled with the resilient tenacity of the Bois D’ark wood makes this a formidable weapon in its own right. It has one additional secret though, when used against Orcs it becomes a cleaving weapon of death. Any successful attack against an Orc of equal or lessor level than that of the wielder instantly cleaves the Orc in two. Any attack on an Orc whose level is over that of the wielder does double damage.

Normal Damage: 2d6

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by Antman9 »

[Formerly known as Tobias – Grimalkin] (HD: 2) (AC: 12)
Actions: Stares in disbelief

Tobias shakes his grey cat head after the woman has departed and says, "Well that was odd, was it not? I do not believe I have had the pleasure of seeing such a thing in all my short life, have you, Zirus my friend? I am uncertain as to what I should make of such an event. This is a very peculiar city I should think."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by MonkeyWrench »

["Seeker" Jyrbian Talanador of the Bleeding Eye - Lvl 0] (HP:10/10) (AC:11)
Action: Gotcha

Seeker watches the now ghostly elven maiden retreat to the house as it flashes with spectral light, giving Gorthak a pointed look and a tone dripping in sarcasm, "Oh yes, this place couldn't possibly be one of the places we seek. I must be mistaken, Since I so usually am about these things..." Seeker then walks towards Phlunk the Gully dwarf, commenting one last remark to the Minotaur with a dismissive look, "Now then, if you are done trying to outwit your superiors in matters you know nothing of, let us continue with this asinine quest and move on to things more substantial."

Seeker stop's in front of Phlunk, "Dwarf, tell us what you know of this place in more detail. That was an elven spectre that rushed into the manor, a simple ghost that has passed through the veil or a previous owner? I do not like walking into traps without know what I shall be expecting."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#126 Post by badams30 »

Gort - Savage
Action: Head toward manor gate

Gort raises his axe and starts to cautiously walk toward the gate saying "Gort go try to help hollering lady." He'll pause to see if Gorthak joins him, but regardless, he will head toawrd the manor intent on solving the problems or chopping something...

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by Antman9 »

[Caiden Cross – Human Rouge 0] (HP: 10/10) (AC: 13)
Action: Prepares to trap some ghosts

Caiden retrieves his Ghost trapper, secures the lasso to his belt, and looking to Gorthak says, "I guess we better follow Gort's lead. Time to bust some ghosts" Then follows Gort cautiously, keeping an eye on the surroundings and staying several yards off to one side to get a better view of everything.

DEX-DC [3d6+2] = 12+2 = 14
WIS-DC [3d6+1] = 8+1 = 9

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#128 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gorthak looks at seeker wanting to headbutt the annoying know it all in the face begins to scowl at the fool and walks off away from the manor "Have at it then obviously a man of your prowess wont need the aid of a fool like me. Enjoy Seeker." afterwards muttering ill wishes to seeker under his breathe.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#129 Post by Sol »

[Zirus - Lizardfolk Aspiring Cleric 0] (MP: 0.5/2) (HP 10/10) (AC: 19)
Actions: Joins Caiden Cross, swallows Chewer's Delight

Duration on Chewer's Delight:
[1d4] = 1

"Indeed," responds Zirus to the cat, "It seems-s-s-s she is an apparition after all. She mus-s-s-t be contained, for no matter her appearance, her touch is death to mortals-s-s-s I would wager." He sees Caiden ready himself and go, and so the Lizard Man joins them. He pauses for a moment, seeing the Minotaur depart in anger, but fears that his efforts are needed at the front. "Tobias," says Zirus, "Perhaps-s-s you can coax Gorthak into returning, for all our sakes. If you cannot, do find us again quickly, for we may need your assist." He pauses at the door, eyeing Seeker and the dwarf before heading out. To them he says, "I pray that we see you shortly, gentlemen. We will corner the maiden as quickly as we may, but our friend from the moon may yet be about as well." With this, he is out the door, searching for the ghost as he pops a second morsel, the Chewer's Delight.
Last edited by Sol on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ready your Sword, your Spells, your Warhammer. The Iron Realm Podcast awaits!
http://theironrealm.blogspot.com/

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by Antman9 »

[Phlunk Sludge Dipperthong – Gully Dwarf Magic User 2] (SP: 20/20) (HP: 18/18) (AC: 7)
Actions: Eyeballs the maiden

Phlunk watches as the Elf maiden skitters through the party and into the old manor. With a perplexed look on his face he says, “Weel...wouldee look at that. I were not expecting see that." Phlunk pulls his collar up about his neck and shivers, "Deed eet just get cold out, er is eet just me? B-r-r-r thees rain ain't helpin' not-a-either. I guessee we should follow her, not thatee I'un unt too, but thers a job ta-do I spose." Phlunk follows along with the others, reluctantly. As he moves forward he turns to Seeker and says, "You know everything I knows sir."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by Antman9 »

Summary: Into the Manor or Away

Seeker, apparently driven to a foul mood by the rain and darkened skies, tries to push his comrades into pushing forward, regardless the cost, and attempts to push Phlunk for additional information, of which he has no more. Gort is the first to move and heads toward the mansion with determination. Caiden follows suit. Gorthak, having had his fill of the smart lipped Seeker, takes his leave of Seeker’s presence and moves away from the manor and the party. Where he is headed is unclear, only that he is leaving to seek his own path. Zirus takes in the scene an d moves toward the manor, but not before encouraging his new friend Tobias to persuade Gorthak to return and voicing his dislike of strange ghost-like Elf maidens and Moon Men walking about the streets in the broad of daylight. Phlunk tells Seeker that he, in fact, knows as much as everyone else now and follows the others toward the manor.

Gort and the others pass through the rusty iron gates with ease and traverse the weedy patch of ground that may have once been a lush carpet of grasses and flower beds. The remnants of an old paved sidewalk, a brick or two of which still protrude above the mass of decaying vegetation, leads the party to the main entrance of the manor. An old nearly rotten wood porch, bordered by two termite eaten, once ornate, pillars and a partially collapsed entry roof, partially covers a dilapidated weathered and cracked wooden door, that amazingly seems to be intact. Moss and lichens cover nearly every inch otherwise. The two windows to either side of the front entrance no longer have shutters. With a closer look at the manor now, it's construction reveals something quite peculiar: It is made entirely of wood. Not stone like the rest of the structures in Dragons Belch. As the party stares at the entrance and tries to make heads or tales of the strange manor the wind, lightning, thunder, and heavy rain return. It begins to come down in heavy sheets, driving the party toward the front door.

So far there is no sign or sound from the kooky Bartholomew Bumblewoodtooth Grumblefoot.

What you know so far:
> There are ghosts disrupting daily life on the west side of town.
> The only business you know of on the west side of town is The Belfrey Tower (inn & pub) (owned and operated by a Human - John Tom) (Everyone made a short stay here when they first arrived at Dragons Belch)
> The ghosts may be coming from a place called Griffon Manor which may have been owned my a man named Gunter Weiss who may have married a young lady named Erika and something very bad may have happened there.
> Phlunk believes there is additional information in a local library which he has offered to take the party to.
> Zirus and Tobias believe the Giant Humanoid to be a warrior class of a spacefaring race that comes from the moon.
> Seeker can speak to the Giant Humanoid in some strange language no one has heard before.
> Gunter Weiss was a Wizard toying with rejuvenation and longevity magics
> Phlunk is in fact a magic user under the tutelage of Netheril and may have a drinking problem. But he is very serious about magics.
> Griffin Manor was once owned by Gunter Weiss, a Wizard. It's age is unknown.

Actions!

The Party:

PC’s
Zirus
Gorthak
Gort
Caiden
Seeker

NPC’s
Tobias
Phlunk Sludge Dipperthong - Male - Gully Dwarf - Magic-User 2

Others
Ghost-like Elf maiden ???

Enemies
n/a

Calendar:
6:05 pm
June 27th, 9001

Sun Rise/Set: 5:38/8:30
Temp: 73.9°F
Visibility: 8.0 Miles
Wind: 8.1 mph SSW
Cloud: light Rain
Humidity: 93%
Moon Rise/Set: 6:07 am/8:36 pm
Moonlight: 3%
(2014-KFMY)

Translations
n/a

Special Weapons in Play
Pills of Devouring: Chewers Delight
Mouth increases in size by 4 times
8 pills total
Duration: 1d4 Turns (1 turn = 10 rounds, 1 round = 1 min)
Damage: 3d6 hp per bite

The Ghost Trapper
This wooden contraption consists of a long shaft, several feet long with a narrow slot running the length of it and a jumble of heavy spider thread-like material protruding from the end. Attached to the other end is a shoulder stock with two dials and a trigger mechanism. A length of the spider thread comes out of the barrel at the stock end and hangs out several feet. One end of the lasso attaches to the character’s waist, sight the incorporeal entity (ghost) along the barrel, and pull the trigger. The lasso shoots out entrapping the entity. A dial on the top of the gun retracts the lasso once the entity has been dealt with and another dial sets the trigger

Range: 50’
Requires and attack roll
Effect: Holds incorporeal entity indefinitely
Secondary Effect: delivers a shock to corporeal entities (living beings) dealing 2d6 points of electrical damage.

The Orc Slayer
The Orc Slayer is a magically hardened Obsidian axe head mounted to a thick Bois D’arc wood shaft with Liana cord. The extremely sharp nature of obsidian, hardened by magic, and coupled with the resilient tenacity of the Bois D’ark wood makes this a formidable weapon in its own right. It has one additional secret though, when used against Orcs it becomes a cleaving weapon of death. Any successful attack against an Orc of equal or lessor level than that of the wielder instantly cleaves the Orc in two. Any attack on an Orc whose level is over that of the wielder does double damage.

Normal Damage: 2d6

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#132 Post by badams30 »

Gort - Savage
Action: Run to Gorthak

Gort starts to head to the porch, then noticing Gorthak is not beside him, he looks around with an alarmed look on his face, then he says "GORTHAK! Gort find Gorthak!" And he bounds off the way he came from, looking for his friend. When he sees him he shouts "Gorthak! GORTHAK! Gort worried sum ting happen to you, why for you go dis way? Let's go git ghost guys, eh? Gort not go wit out you."

Gort leans on his axe and puts his hands on his hips defiantly in his best pouting sidekick pose.

GreyWolfVT

#133 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grothak to Tobias in a huff and not willing to listen to any silver tongued lip service the minotaur replies bluntly "No need for me to go back it is one ghost maiden Seeker can handle it, seeing as he thinks himself gods gift to us let him deal with it."

in speaking to Gort "No Gort one ghost is not worth the fight. Gort go if he like Seeker. Gorthak going this way." indicating west of the decrepit manor containing one ghost.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by Antman9 »

[Formerly known as Tobias – Grimalkin] (HD: 2) (AC: 12)
Actions: Converses with Gorthak

Tobias changes his form into that of a 5’ Minotaur and trots up to the departing Gorthak. After listening to him he says, “I have not had a great deal of luck with the Humans myself. My former master, a despicable Human, left me to rot and die in a crypt deep in the earth. Your friend Zirus rescued me and I am forever in his debt. Humans do not always make a great deal of sense, in my experience that is. If I cannot persuade you I must return to my friend Zirus for I am in his debt. May whatever god guides your thoughts be with you on your journey.” Tobias stops, bows, and returns to his friend Zirus.

Remaining in Minotaur form, tobias approaches Zirus at the entrance to the manor and says, "I am sorry my friend, I believe his mind has been made. There was nothing I could do. I will honor his bravery with this appearance, if it does not offend you sir?" Tobias waits for the remaining party members to enter the manor.

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#135 Post by Sol »

Actions: Zirus Nods

"The form suits-s-s-s you," he says to Tobias, "I say keep it." He has a smile at the corner of his maw, if such a thing is possible from a Lizard Man. To the others: "We are down one by our number, but Gorthak may make his own choice and fate. As-s-s for the remainder of us-s-s, let us continue the work for which we have been employed."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#136 Post by Antman9 »

[Caiden Cross – Human Rouge 0] (HP: 10/10) (AC: 13)
Action: Peeks in a Window

Caiden moves to one of the windows nearby and attempts to get a peek inside.

Caiden INT-DC [3d6] = 12
Caiden DEX-DC [3d6+2] = 12+2 = 14

GreyWolfVT

#137 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gorthak nods and says to Tabias "I suppose I can honor the contract though I highly doubt this decrepit manor is the source." and lets Tobias return then slowly goes back to the group though ignoring Seeker from here on out.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by MonkeyWrench »

["Seeker" Jyrbian Talanador of the Bleeding Eye - Lvl 0] (HP:10/10) (AC:11)
Action: Action!

Seeker moves along into the manor with a hurried step, his mood still foul from things that he is not willing to speak of. He spares no one else anymore words and simply acts, when Gorthak returns to the group he does not spare him a second glance. It would seem that whatever is bothering Seeker has driven him to simply resolve the mission with or without the others.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#139 Post by badams30 »

Gort - Savage

Gort wordlessly follows Gorthak, axe ready for any bad guys... or ghosts.

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#140 Post by Sol »

Actions: Tails Caiden

Zirus's head has grown to many times its usual size, quite strikingly, actually. He nods his approval as he sees the minotaur returning in the distance before going to Caiden, silently, to join in his exploration.

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”