Chapter 2: Attack on the Goblin City

Synthalus
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 2: Attack on the Goblin City

#101 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik "are they too blessed by their gods?" the viking lord asks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#102 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean Witch

Bilit stares in shock and wonder at the dancing hut. I...I don't know what to do here. I have no magic to help. I could try summoning a spirit, but I don't know if that would even help. I am hesitant to try with such magic present.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Inferno »

Morag, noble savage:

Seeing no help from the witch and the king, Morag acts.

"Follow," he whisper-grunts. Moving low to the ground like a crouching wolf, the wide-eyed primitive tries to blaze a safe trail around the giant monster's back to move past it, unseen and unheard.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#104 Post by Synthalus »

Narrator

As Morag attempts to lead the party around Baba Yaga's Hut safely. A loud clear voice yells to the party from the open door of the hut;

Not so soon my pretties! You have a Fledgling witch among you? She would do well to visit the great and powerful Baba Yaga. I have a proposal for this witch. If she would but come inside my hut I would explain it to her? Only the witch the rest of you wait were you are.

So what say you young witch? Shall you enter the hut of the great and powerful Baba Yaga?

Torvald gets this terrible feeling like he is about to have to save someone. Fenris is concerned as his fate is now linked to the witch Bilit's, What should happen if she decides to go in and see Baba Yaga?. Horik is unimpressed and frankly he expected the Hut of Baba Yaga to look as powerful as the old stories told it to be. The Jester is pale at the sight of the Hut and the voice of the old hag goes right through him.
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft

GreyWolfVT

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik "If you wish to go in I'd warn you to avoid the temptation and stay the course with us, but do as you will i cannot stop you."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308

#106 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean Witch

The witch's eyes widen at the thought of entering the hut of Baba Yaga. I must speak with her. Who knows what I may learn from someone so powerful! I could gain information or a spell that can help us against the goblins! She looks around at the rest of the group before making her way inside the fence, to enter what she used to believe was only a legend, the mighty Baba Yaga's Hut!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by Synthalus »

Essence of Baba Yaga to Bilit

" Welcome to My Hut Fledgling Witch Bilit. I have been dead a long time, make yourself at home.

I created this Hut as my ultimate magical item. Inside there is a Palace far larger than the outside. There are over 30 rooms some of which are indoor gardens, kitchens, a library, laboratory, armory, bedrooms, and even an observatory.
The Master of the Hut gains a 20% magic resistance well inside the hut. The Master of the Hut also functions at two levels higher witch class well inside the Hut.

I tell you this dear child because you are now the new Master of the Hut. I bound it to your soul as soon as you entered the Huts front door. You are now going to get my pretty out of this goblin sewer that it has been stuck in for five years. In exchange I Baba Yaga's shadow will be in your debt.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#108 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

It seems that Bilit the Witch is the new Master of the Hut. The disembodied voice of Baba Yaga's Essence still cling to life on the inside of the Artifact known after her. There is no telling how far her undead essence reaches but for now it seems that Bilit must help the spirit of Baba Yaga get her house out of the Goblin Kings sewers.

DM
Baba Yaga's Hut is now Scott308's Artifact. Until Baba Yaga releases the portion of her soul when she entered the Hut.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Scott308

#109 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean Witch, Master of Baba Yaga's Hut

Thank you- I think. I do not feel I am worthy of this charge. I am still fairly new to my powers. I cannot conceive of becoming even half as powerful as the great Baba Yaga. However, since you have given me this task, I will do everything I can to complete it. Am I correct in believing the hut will not shrink in order to traverse the corridors?

She will go to the doorway and call to her companions, You may enter the hut. No harm will come to you.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#110 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

everyone enters the Hut and a plan comes to fruition. After many hours of conversing with the wicked witch Baba Yaga the party reveals that the quickest way to the goblin king and escape was through this Hut. Also the ceiling of the giant room that houses the Hut. There is a huge hole in the ceiling that leads up to the throne room of goblin king. The goblin king throws his enemies down the shoot to die impaled on Baba Yaga's fence. The party could fly the Hut up the shoot and enter his throne room directly and then kill him after exiting the Hut. Getting out of the castle in the Hut is a bit harder. The party will have to march the Hut down five corridors to the main gate. Each corridor could have goblin warriors waiting in them. Then the party has to fight their way through the Gate guard. Once through the gate it will be easy for the party to pilot the Hut anywhere they want to go next.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Scott308

#111 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean Witch, Master of Baba Yaga's Hut

Hut, jump through the hole in the ceiling!

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Inferno »

Morag, noble savage:

Grim and suspicious from all this surreal witchcraft, Morag was all eyes and ears.
Scott308 wrote:Bilit, Atlantean Witch, Master of Baba Yaga's Hut
Hut, jump through the hole in the ceiling!
The stone-age primitive hefted his blessed spear and readied himself for battle.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#113 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik "Good plan let us climb through the ceiling."

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#114 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

With the command from the living witch Bilit from inside the Hut, It began to form bird wings out of the windows an then took flight. It hefted itself up through the hole in the sewer ceiling and up to the Goblin Kings Throne room. The throne room stretched out 200' x 200' square with an elevated dias for a throne at one end. The Goblin King laying idly on his throne well two dozen goblin warriors come rushing in from every door. They seem to be drawn to the Hut. They form a shield of troops in front of the Goblin King.

The Hut and the Party that it contains are now 150' away from the dias. The party must ask the Hut to sit and then vacate in order to kill the king. The Hut can be used as a weapon but if slain in combat it takes a full day to recuperate.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#115 Post by Dogma »

Thorvald bursts into a grin as the goblins pour into the room. Now this was a fight he could understand. Slowly, the berserker begins to strike his shield with his broad sword. Growls and strange animalistic noises begin to eminate from deep witin his chest. His eyes start to go wide with an animal wildness. As the growls and grunts grow louder, the banging on his shiled also grows louder and the tempo increases.

Thorvald will begin to enter his berserker state

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Inferno »

Morag, pict savage:

Morag the barbarian leapt down from the madhouse with a grunt, relieved to be free of its confounding black sorcery. As soon as his bare feet hit the throne room floor of the Goblin King, he saw the distance to battle and returned his blessed spear to his broad back.

The wordless warrior of woad and wolfskins raced forward 20 feet to enter optimum killing range with his bow, pulled it from his shoulder, knocked a flint-headed arrow and loosed it, and another after it, in a high arc over the troops, at the Goblin King himself!

Bow and Arrow: [1d20+3] = 3+3 = 6, Damage: [1d6] = 1
Bow and Arrow: [1d20+3] = 20+3 = 23, Damage: [1d6] = 4

A miss and natural 20. :)
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#117 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik viking lord jumps from the strange hut to try and kill the goblin king or whatever foe steps between him and his intended target.
Fate's Promise Broad Sword +3 [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8 To Hit [2d4+5] = 3+5 = 8 S/M DMG [1d6+6] = 6+6 = 12 L DMG

Scott308

#118 Post by Scott308 »

Bilit, Atlantean Witch

Sit, hut! the witch commands, allowing the Warriors to exit and attack the goblins. She will then use one of her bonus spells to cast Grimalkin, loosing the magic creature upon the goblins.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#119 Post by Dogma »

Can Torvald do any thing else while he is entering his berserk stage (i.e. can he attack still while building up to berserking?

zero4306
Strider
Strider

#120 Post by zero4306 »

Fenris casts prot evil, and then readies whelm for battle.
"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you," - Friedrich Nietzche

Return to “Viking Sand Box Adventure (1e)”