OOC Thread

kmbll
Das
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC Thread

#21 Post by Das »

We could be teleportation combative partners in crime.

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#22 Post by Spectreman17 »

It doesn't really matter which powers you pick for back stories sake, I was thinking the pair of you could have been part of the same unit as me as i had caught you practicing your psychic powers (or perhaps using your teleportation to steal extra food or something) and I convinced you guys that if you let anyone find out, then they would drag you off to a lab or make you do horrible things like mass murder. So in exchange for a future favor, I helped the three of us get out of the military, technically AWOL, and then i cashed in that favor to have you guys help me set up a merc op, with the help of a contact i had in the merc business, Jenny Body, Basically making you guys do what you were afraid the military was going to make you do, without all the exaggeration, for my own, and all of our, profits.

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#23 Post by kmbll »

Spectreman17 wrote:So it's agreed that we all know each other and i guess work together in a small merc operation. the kind that undercuts even the cheapest sanctioned group. but at the cost of working "under the table" A.K.A. not working for a regulated merc group but more of private security with fewer rules on what jobs we'll take.

even partnership splitting deals evenly. Anyone want to fill in the "how we met and decided to stick together" section of this dealio? anything would work really. I think deal gone bad kinda thing. perhaps someone trying to scam us or a mission where we got in way over our heads. that builds good group dynamic of sticking together
So this is intended to be a sandbox campaign. You guys can decide your mutual backgrounds however you so desire. The West Wind and Compass Crew are defined because they're going to be the first people with available adventure seeds. Basically if you guys want to know each other and follow one path then that's fine but if you want to split up then that works too.
dok-el wrote:Hi everyone,

Also, I think my character is IC- ready, maybe, if the GM wants to take a look.
Looking good!
dok-el wrote: I'm gonna read up on all the other characters to check for any possible connections :)
http://slyflourish.com/fiasco_relationships.html
dok-el wrote:Also, I was wondering if it would be possible for Kaz to start the game with mastery of Omen? (At the cost of one permanent psi point of course.) I envision her as a sort of precog-savant (hence the name) with a constant innate 'spidey-sense'.
I'm fine with each psychic having mastery over their primary psychic power should they so choose.

dok-el wrote: Edit: maybe I will swap out Teleportation for something else if Das' character has it.
It's a pretty cool ability that I don't think needs to be mutually exclusive.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#24 Post by dok-el »

kmbll wrote:
Spectreman17 wrote:So it's agreed that we all know each other and i guess work together in a small merc operation. the kind that undercuts even the cheapest sanctioned group. but at the cost of working "under the table" A.K.A. not working for a regulated merc group but more of private security with fewer rules on what jobs we'll take.
So this is intended to be a sandbox campaign. You guys can decide your mutual backgrounds however you so desire. The West Wind and Compass Crew are defined because they're going to be the first people with available adventure seeds. Basically if you guys want to know each other and follow one path then that's fine but if you want to split up then that works too.
There's safety in numbers. Kaz is smart enough to know that. But on the other hand she's not likely to sign up as some merc grunt. If we are going with everyone being on an existing team she'd fit better into something more democratic and less overtly militaristic. The ubiquitous 'band of adventurers', wandering the space lanes doing whatever it takes to get by.

kmbll wrote:I'm fine with each psychic having mastery over their primary psychic power should they so choose.
Cool beans.
kmbll wrote:It's a pretty cool ability that I don't think needs to be mutually exclusive.
Went with Telekinesis so I can backstab at range :)

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#25 Post by kmbll »

dok-el wrote: There's safety in numbers. Kaz is smart enough to know that. But on the other hand she's not likely to sign up as some merc grunt. If we are going with everyone being on an existing team she'd fit better into something more democratic and less overtly militaristic. The ubiquitous 'band of adventurers', wandering the space lanes doing whatever it takes to get by.
Just want to make sure we're all on the same page: you'll definitely be in a group and you'll most certainly be a ubiquitous wandering band of adventurers. To me, the first adventure is just how the group came together and acquired your ship. Right now as it stands your options will be The Compass Crew which is more of a "do whatever you want and explore whatever the group decides" but without much guidance or financial backing or "The West Wind" which will be more merc-guided with them willing to back you if you move up a bit in the ranks but at the cost of them occasionally requesting you perform a mission but by and large they'll allow you to autonomously seek and complete your own merc missions under the West Wind banner. You'd be able to leave the West Wind group but they'll want their ship back. I would think Compass Crew would lend itself more intrinsically to a Silent Legions feel where West Wind would be more Space Opera-esque.

To the extent people wanted to join later on, they'd start in Shangra Lambda, form a group and find a ship-sponsoring organization, I'd be fine with that too. Hell, I'd be fine with people creating multiple characters in the same universe if they so desire.

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#26 Post by Spectreman17 »

I don't mean to come across as trying to force a relationship amongst our characters, just spitballing ideas. My character would be more inclined to join the West Winds Group in exchange for the financial backing, with the intention of saving for buying his own ship and leaving their company to start his own. Anyone with a military background would be easy to tie together beforehand if we wanted, because that's mine as well, we could just as easily meet in game and forge our own relationships that way. Whatever you all want to do works well for me.

Das
Guide
Guide

#27 Post by Das »

I am reharching my goals as I have fleshed them out better. Than I need a name.

I am thinking like suggested I could have been helped out of the military but after that became a negotiator due to my stats and powers. But we could rekindle old friendships in character.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#28 Post by dok-el »

Hi,

So, it looks like the plan is to have multiple PC groups, right? I'd like to sign Kaz up for the Compass Crew. She's not a merc and I'm personally more interested in Silent Legions oriented stuff.

Not sure what the story is with the IC. Are we all in the same place at the beginning? Should I just jump in?

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#29 Post by kmbll »

For the story - it's however you want it to be. If you all want to be there at the same time then just jump in. If you want to be there and talk to the denizens of Shangra Lambda then just indicate as such OOC.

The Compass Crew vs. West Wind thing is going to come up IC. He's basically going to say, "There's this people looking for help - go help them" But I guess I didn't execute that very well at all. But I'll note you down for that in the Cast of Characters thread.

explosiveghast
Scout
Scout

#30 Post by explosiveghast »

Here is a portrait of Stoni.

Here are my rolls for relationships from fiasco. If anyone needs/wants to connect our PCs, here are Stoni's results.

Relationship: [1d20] = 12 -- Former veterans of the same war --

Relationship: [1d20] = 2 -- Former friends or lovers that fell out --

Relationship: [1d20] = 13 -- Ward and protector --

Do I need to complete anything else before I start to post?

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#31 Post by kmbll »

Nope, you're good.

Das
Guide
Guide

#32 Post by Das »

I plan to post also...if that's ok

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#33 Post by kmbll »

Yeah - you're also good. I did have a question about the credits owed. I don't mind you have some owed but we'll need hash out the terms.

Das
Guide
Guide

#34 Post by Das »

misread that as owned... lol. sorry

Das
Guide
Guide

#35 Post by Das »

What world are we on exactly? Like tech level, government or whatnot. Just kinda curious.

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#36 Post by kmbll »

You're on Nudar. It's a TL2 except for the city of Nudar which is a trade hub. It's government is lacking. It's in the databanks:

viewtopic.php?f=225&t=4216

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#37 Post by Spectreman17 »

Are y'all still here?

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#38 Post by kmbll »

Yeah, I'm still around. It seemed like interest dropped off and work got overwhelming so I kind of just let it be.

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#39 Post by Spectreman17 »

Ok, If we're calling it quits thats fine, jst seeing if i should keep checking back daily like i do :P

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#40 Post by kmbll »

Wasn't saying that - I just thought when only Das replied that everyone else had faded away.

Return to “Lost Horizon - Stars Without Number”