OOC Thread #2

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread #2

#101 Post by max_vale »

Cool; no worries; I just thought I'd throw that out there.....I'm pretty sure Angelic would have rushed over there without me 'puppetting' his character into doing so; I just wanted to make sure the 'number crunching' part was understood. :)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by max_vale »

Hey peoples; I'm on vacation and my connection to the internet from the hotel is crappy; I got a few minutes to write this from my wife's phone….sorry for the delay; I'll be back home tomorrow and will update then; sorry for the wait!

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#103 Post by angelicdoctor »

No prob, amigo. Have a good time on your vacation!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by max_vale »

Thanks amigo; I did have a pretty good time….went to a beach in Delaware with the Mrs. and our 5 year old….first real vacation for my daughter….she had a blast, so I guess it went well! :)

Okay; next post is up; post away!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by max_vale »

Hey peoples; I'm just waiting on hearing from a couple of players before I make the next post. Everybody still doing okay?

-Max

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by ybn1197 »

I'm still here. Been feeling under the weather the last couple of days which has limited my posting. Been responding to a couple of games each day.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#107 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yup still okey dokey here Max :) "Meesah Good."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by max_vale »

Greywolf: That is both hilarious and disturbing at the same time…..as only Jar-Jar can be…..:)

Everyone: Okay, the next post is up…..I'm PRETTY sure this Episode is about to end and the last one will be starting very soon. I was hoping to hear from Jedi and/or Smoke these past few days, but I have not. If I don't hear back soon; (a little longer time will be given for Jedi, seeing as how long he's been a part of this campaign, dating back to the first adventure: Starfall); then I think I'm just going to have their characters become KIA and roll on with the four of you…..or perhaps have them brought back to an Alliance base and be 'reassigned' to other missions. Thoughts?

Everybody still good? Have any questions/concerns?

Note: To some of you newer players (Greywolf and ybn); I don't know if I already mentioned it; but if you haven't already and you have some time to burn on these boards; go to the Finished games section and check out the earlier adventures in this campaign, namely Starfall and Shantipole)

GreyWolfVT

#109 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright Max I'll do that ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by max_vale »

Okay, sorry for the delay....Labor Day weekend got a little more crazy than I thought it would!

Next post is up.....we're about to move onto the next and last Episode for this module. Okay; due to Jedi's long involvement with this game; I'm going to keep Zinn alive....for now....though he's BARELY clinging to life. Smoke warrior though seems to have been gone for quite some time from this and other games; so Jayne Corb is KIA.

If anyone has any questions/concerns for me, let me know.

-Max

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by max_vale »

Okay everybody; a last post was made in Episode 4; just a quick couple of notes; and the first post has been made in Episode 5. Have at it!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the delay peoples; RL got insane this past week….next post coming tomorrow, sorry!

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#113 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Sorry I've been gone so long, everyone. R/L has been real stupid lately. REAL. STUPID. Lots of familial issues, loss of internet at home, and being very busy besides. I'll be spending some time catching up, and will slip back into my role when I've gotten there.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by max_vale »

Welcome back Jedi!

Everybody: Next post coming later today/tonight!

GreyWolfVT

#115 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright Max.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by max_vale »

Okay, I just made a post, but its really only for Jedi's character Zinn….to get him back into the story. I'm also hoping that Angelic gets a reply up; so I'll give these two (Jedi and Angelic) a day or two to post and then I'll advance the story for everybody. Sorry, please bear with me! :)

Jedi: Zinn had actually been laid down right outside the cave; so I just had Zinn come to on the ground next to the opening as opposed to while being carried over Clark's shoulders. Let me know if you have any questions/concerns. Thanks!

-Max

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by max_vale »

Alright everybody; thanks so much for making 'Domain of Evil' a great game! I hope everyone enjoyed it and I've got a couple of things to mention before getting started on the first couple of posts for the next Adventure: Black Ice.

FIRST: Everyone who plans on continuing to the next adventure (and I sincerely hope that's everybody) has 15 skill points to spend on improving thier skills. For those that have recently joined and don't know what that means (or for regulars who have forgotten because its been so long since the last time they spent any :) ); basically skills in this game can be improved up to 1D greater than their current rating (i.e. 4D can be improved up to 5D or 6D+1 could be improved up to 7D+1). The ratings are improved by +1 pip; +2 pips; next whole D; for example when improving a skill with a rating of 5D; it is improved first to 5D+1; then 5D+2 and finally 6D; or a skill with a rating of 4D+1 is improved first to 4D+2; then 5D and finally to 5D+1. The 1D is a maximum; you can improve a skill by only 1 or 2 pips if you so choose.

The skill point cost to improve skills is the number before the D for each pip; in other words if Bill has 'Blaster 4D+1'; it costs 4 skill points to improve it to 4D+2; 8 skill points to improve it to 5D (4 for 4D+2 and 4 more for 5D); and 13 to improve it all the way to 5D+1 (4 to 4D+2, 4 more to 5D and 5 to 5D+1). As you can tell; the higher the skill; the more it costs to get better at it.

You don't have to spend all of your skill points; but please try to only have 1 or 2 left over…..it's a long time in between adventures when the chance to improve characters comes around so it doens't make much sense to save up lots and lots of them. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I'm happy to help.

When you know what you want to improve just let me know in this thread or PM and I'll update the character sheets in the PC thread.

SECOND: An old friend of mine and a fellow gamer has recently joined this site with the moniker 'Monsieur Rose'; and he has asked to join this game and I told him he could; so please welcome him aboard. He's not sure yet what kind of character he's going to run; but right now he's leaning towards a Barabel (the same race as the scary reptilian humanoid alien Slizzik that was most recently seen trying to eat Professor Clark in 'Domain of Evil: the Ambush episode'). Normally I don't go for more than 1 alien in a Star Wars game; but as our group is relatively large (assuming everyone continues on of course); I think a second one is okay.

Please welcome good ol' Rosebud….I mean 'Monsieur Rose'….aboard! :)

GreyWolfVT

#118 Post by GreyWolfVT »

welcome Monsieur Rose :)

Max any suggestions as to where would be smartest to put my skill points on Gavin?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Thanks for the intro Max.

Nice to meet you all. I've known Max for too many years, and I made a deal with him. I'll try and behave myself in his game, and he promises to try and make my character's death slow and painful.

I'll have a character outline posted soon. I look forward to adventuring with you all.

M. Rose

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by max_vale »

Rose; I only made that promise when you came up with a FRENCH moniker! :) (Note: For anyone who is actually French or a Francophone; I am OF COURSE just kidding! :) )

Greywolf: While the points are OF COURSE yours to do with as you will (and note that you actually have 17 to spend as there were a couple of points left over from last adventure); some suggestions for spending them would be:

-Can't go wrong with combat skills like Blaster, Dodge, Melee Weapons, Brawling, Thrown Weapons and the Parry skills (Brawling and Melee)

-Without giving too much away; there WILL be some space ship action in the next adventure; so various MECH skills will be of use; Piloting, Gunnery, Shields, Systems Ops; etc.

-Nobody except Jackson has really put any points in any ground vehicle skills; so Repulsorlift Operation could be an option

-Various KNO and PER skills could always come in handy; skills like Streetwise, Bureuacracy, Hide/Sneak, Search, Persuasion, Bargain…..any of these could be of use in many different situations

Just thinking out loud. The good/bad thing about Gavin is that he's decent at everything….good because you've almost always got a chance in nearly anything….bad in that sometimes this makes figuring out exactly WHAT to shine at can be kinda tricky. Considering the original player's background story though; I was always surprised that Storm didn't have any points put into Streetwise…this kinda seemed a natural choice to me; but considering he's YOUR character now; you can alter the background if you like (within reason).

Hope that helped!

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”