CHAPTER THREE: What the dead mage said

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER THREE: What the dead mage said

#221 Post by onlyme »

Iomhar answers...

Ummm something glittery? or something slithery?

unfortunately, even his tone betrays his assumption that it must be the snake.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Argennian »

Savik keeps his bow trained down the southern passageway and whispers back to the charmed pigman in orcish. "The snake is down this hall, Vargr? Are you sure now?"
onlyme wrote:Iomhar answers...

Ummm something glittery? or something slithery?

unfortunately, even his tone betrays his assumption that it must be the snake.
The elf responds in common. "Slithery, I'm afraid. My dear friend here says the snake is this way, down the southern passage. What's it looking like in there?" he queries curiously as he waits for the charmed orc to give it up.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#223 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Argennian wrote:Savik keeps his bow trained down the southern passageway and whispers back to the charmed pigman in orcish. "The snake is down this hall, Vargr? Are you sure now?"
Vargahsh fixes Savik with a solemn, hurt look.

"Vargahsh would not lie to my olven-friend," he whispers. "Hraathgwür lead many fierce orcs against snake down there." His tone turns to a pitiful whimper. "When Hraathgwür slain, I run and hide."
Failure is always an option.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by onlyme »

Iomhar will follow them (allowing as much distance as he can without calling attention to his lack of zeal), ready for the attack coming their way.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#226 Post by Alethan »

Bran, who was already headed east, stops, turns, shrugs his shoulders and follows the others down the southern passage.

But he keeps an eye behind him, in case they're wrong about the snake's location.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by hedgeknight »

Ulf gives his companions a WTF look, and then follows along too...
Winter is coming...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Argennian »

Gelatinous Q wrote:
Argennian wrote:Savik keeps his bow trained down the southern passageway and whispers back to the charmed pigman in orcish. "The snake is down this hall, Vargr? Are you sure now?"
Vargahsh fixes Savik with a solemn, hurt look.

"Vargahsh would not lie to my olven-friend," he whispers. "Hraathgwür lead many fierce orcs against snake down there." His tone turns to a pitiful whimper. "When Hraathgwür slain, I run and hide."
Savik proffers his best fake reassuring smile to the charmed orc as he moves over to let Gordon, Bran and the others make their way by and down the southern passage. "You were smart to run and hide then, Varg. It appears that 'ol Hraathgwür... didn't plan very well. Even more of a reason for us to take it on as a team. But don't you worry, my friend. I won't let anything happen to you!"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#229 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Vargahsh leads you south down the corridor. After about 30', he stops you short in front of a door on the eastern wall, badly battered and hanging partway open off its hinges.

"Some fierce orcs die here," he whispers, "but us warriors chase snake down next passage. Where brave Hraathgwür slain."

A quick peek through the crack in the door confirms at least 3 dead orcs amidst some straw pallets on the floor.

Vargahsh starts giggling uncontrollably. "Oh great Gruumsh One-Eye! We kill snake now! Kill him!"

OOC: will upload a map here shortly — having some problems with ImageShack this p.m.

Actions?
Failure is always an option.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#231 Post by Alethan »

"Gordon, hear anything co ing from the next room?" Bran whispers to the lead man...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by onlyme »

Iomhar stops and listens, either to the reply or to any hissing or slithering...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Argennian »

Savik and the apparently bravado-reeking charmed orc Vargr will continue to hold down the rearguard position, just in case the snake or anything else tries to flank or sneak up on them.

"Whoa there, my brave little friend. Don't worry, I promise you will get your chance soon enough," the elf says in his best fake but reassuring tone.

:)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “1E Greyhawk: Strange Days in Ratik”