V. Town of Belhaim

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: V. Town of Belhaim

#181 Post by Alethan »

"I can't speak for Kassal, but you also want me to search for traps and I can't do that with night vision. So I'll be happy to hold a light as it helps me do my job. I suspect he's holding the other one because most of you need two hands for swords and shields and wands and such. Seems logical that he would be the one to hold it. If you have a better plan, speak up."

"I did happen to have mine appraised last night. There's a bloke off Belhaim road by the name of Chosk at Grellen & Sons who can appraise gems and the like. He was able to confirm Kassal's appraisal of 100 gold for each stone. He also helped me convert some coins into something easier to carry. I did it while you lot were hanging out here, chewing the fat."

He watches Kassal go up and prepare his spells for the day and Sylvan leave to shop for an animal companion and decides enough of the morning has been wasted.

"If anyone has anything they want to do before we head to the quarry, they should do it soon. If you need healing, speak up when Sylvan gets back with the wand. You can hold your peace when you're dead."

Then Ciar orders another breakfast, figuring he'll need the extra energy before the day's over...
viewtopic.php?p=163041#p163041

OOC: Ciar is highly tempted to head out and scout the quarry on his own, but in a meta game sense, it shouldn't take long for spell memorization or animal companion shopping, so I'd rather wait for those tasks to finish and then head out as a group.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by onlyme »

Fulp will excuse himself after eating a hearty morning meal, and will walk out into the town.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#183 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow responds to Ciar.

I don't have a better plan as you put it. You can keep the thing for your...... trap finding. I was mostly concerned about if we get split up somehow. You can both use your night vision and Kassal can create magical light. I don't care who carries them, as long as it makes sense.

I'm ready to head out anytime the group wants to leave.

When the others depart to do their thing, Sparrow goes back to his room to stash some stuff.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Storm11 »

The gnome nods at Ciar's words and gives a sniff regarding his gem appraising skill maligning, before heading upstairs to view his spells.

"As a wizard it was deemed good for someone to hold the light that doesn't need to carry a shield or who can use two weapons at once.

Within the hour he is ready and back in the taproom, packed and ready.
Last edited by Storm11 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#185 Post by Alethan »

"Understood, Sparrow. Maybe while Kassal is studying and Sylvan is looking for a pet, I'll head to the general store and see if they have any more Everbright lights. I'll buy my own and then one of you tall folk can keep the other one that was a gift from Lady Devy," Ciar replies, amicably.

He finishes his second breakfast, asks Talia where he might go to find exploration equipment, specifically a light source, and heads out the door.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#186 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow nods at the wisdom of both Kassal and Ciar.

When he returns from his room, his pack looks a bit lighter.

I can go with you if you'd like Ciar. I wouldn't mind one of them fancy ever glowing lights for myself as well.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#187 Post by Alethan »

"Sure! Let's go!" Ciar heads out the door.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Storm11 »

I don't mind giving mine up to you if you don't find another. I don't mind carrying it in the dungeons and it being yours even.
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#189 Post by Alethan »

In truth, Ciar is 100% completely fine with buying one for himself. A) three lights are better than two and B) he'd rather have something that he can keep for all his days, so the additional light is a good investment for himself.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by AleBelly »

After an hour, Sylvan returns to the group, a sour look on his face. "No animal. How can that be?"

He downs an ale then hoists his pack on his shoulders. "Ready when you are."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#191 Post by dmw71 »

After Kassal and Grim retreat up to their rooms -- the gnome to memorize his daily spells, and the dwarf to rest -- Sylvan sets out to look for an animal companion. Fulp, Ciar and Sparrow head into town, with the former running an errand and the later pair hoping to procure some additional everlit torches.

Fulp returns from his venture, and Kassal and Grim are successful in their endeavors. Ciar and Sparrow, on the other hand, do not share the same fortune as the two everlit torches given to the group earlier were the only two available in the town. They're informed that maybe more could be procured, but it would likely take a couple days.

Sylvan returns.. alone, unable to locate a suitable animal to serve as a companion.

---

Before setting off for the quarry, is there anything else anyone wants to do? (I hesitate before asking about healing Grim, who's only at about half strength.)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#192 Post by Alethan »

Ooc: Sam is on vacation. I think if we're going to bring Grim along and semi-NPC him a bit, he needs to be more fully healed.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by AleBelly »

"Okay, before we set off, who wants me to poke them with my wand?" Sylvan asks, without a hint of a joke on his face.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by onlyme »

Fulp answers,

I thought I would need a tap this morning, but I woke up feeling ok this morning. That bear must have just bruised some ribs and not broken them. I'd rather you hold off in case of a more dire emergency.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#195 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow

What a coincidence Fulp. I also found myself waking up to an extra vigor this day.

I require no healing and am ready to head out anytime!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#196 Post by Alethan »

"Grim looks like he could use a swat. I'm almost right as rain, myself," Ciar replies.

"After he's taken care of, let's get on the road."

Ciar is ready to leave and does so, just as soon as everyone else indicates likewise.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by onlyme »

Fulp gets in line, showing he is antsy to get the mission over with. he asks his companions once again.

Do you not think we should attempt to recruit an army for this one?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#198 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow

I say we keep our numbers small for this first foray. We should use stealth to learn more about what we are dealing with first and then devise a plan of attack.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#199 Post by Alethan »

"Agreed. We don't know anything about them - their numbers, how they are armed or organized, or who leads them. Might be that we take out the leaders and the rest won't put up a fight or will scatter into the wind on their own, too. Just something to think about..." Ciar replies.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by onlyme »

Fulp nods, anxious about finding out the strengths of their foes, but also feeling the adrenaline of finding even more treasure in this resource filled barony.

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”