Chapter 12: Return to the Keep

PyroArrow
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 12: Return to the Keep

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mort and Kormak meet up with the others before heading off to the caves again and split the 135gp with the original 2nd party that is still in the keep excluding the new illusionist/thief.
Mort gives 16gp to the other 6 members remaining from the 2nd party.
Mort "It's a cut of what the amulet was worth that I pocketed back in the caves. Save it spend it donate it matters not to me, just felt I aught to share it."
Yes that leaves an extra 7gp for Mort and Kormak to split un-evenly as well. Kormak will take 19 gp and Mort takes the 20gp.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Synthalus »

Borum and Jareth

Borum and Jareth accompany Victor and Maya to the Tavern for a pint well they consider answers to maya's questions;
"Before that, what can you do? Borum says you are Thief and Illusionist, but what specifically can you do? What qualifications can you provide? Have you worked with other groups before?"
Jareth

Jareth takes a smooth crisp pull off of his mug of sour beer. He cracks his knuckles and addresses maya's earlier questions after much thought on the matter.

" You asked what I can do? I can move the stars for you maya my dear! I can sneak into any stronghold or orc cave with ease an out again with information and perhaps a few baubles too. I have traveled far and wide and accomplished much and nothing at all at the same time. I have worked with one other group, a guild group if you catch my meaning on both ends of my talent tree. But found that guild work was not what I truly desired. I met Borum along this road to enlightenment as it were and we bonded, as weird a mix as that my seem. I protected him and he me. My mistreatment of the man caused him to leave me behind, a mistake that I will not make again now that I understand the true value of our partnership. I would be very grateful for the chance to join your company and make a real name for myself instead of the wandering Charlton that I have become.

Borum

Borum nods his agreement with Jareths answers and honors his words with a toast.

" Seems like Jareth has finally gotten his head out of ARSE, and decided to make a semi-honest living. He gets that from me Ha Ha Ha Ha! A Toast to my intrepid friend that follows me like my shadow and who finally understands the meaning of team work."
Attachments
Jareth_by_G672.jpg
Jareth_by_G672.jpg (194.16 KiB) Viewed 766 times
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Synthalus »

OOC
Directed towards monkeywrench
My approved Illusionist spell book is as follows.
Level 1
Audible Glamer
Change Self
Chromatic Orb
Color Spray
Darkness
Hypnotism
Phantom Armor

Level 2
Alter Self
Blindness
Detect Magic
Improved Phantasmal Force
Invisibility
Mirror Image
Ultravision

Level 3
Invisibility 10' Radius
Non-Detection
Paralyzation
Phantom Steed
Rope Trick
Spectral Force
Suggestion

-H.P. Lovecraft

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Nordbo »

download/file.php?id=4857 Nice portrait: but is everything Hunky Dory with Jareth ? Or is he maybe feeling Low ? I myself think he's going to make us all Heroes. It's bound to happen now that we have two rock star lookalikes in the game :D

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Maya watches the man with a keen eye and no emotion present on her face, the type of eyes that cut through any fancy words and find the truth hidden behind it all. She then looks to Victor, "Standard fare, I'm fine as long as he pulls his weight. It looks like, despite my own suggestions, the others named you recruitment leader..."

Victor pats Maya on the head, giving her a wide smile, "Well of course they would my dear! I have an eye for talent! And an illusionist is full of talent!" He looks to Jareth, giving the man a mischievous smile with a glint to his eyes, "Of course you are on board! A man of such fine breeding and academic learning should be more than welcome to our intrepid band of friends and mercenaries alike!"

He looks to Maya, "I especially liked the part where he said he could move the stars! Every time I did that I got yelled at by you."

Maya gives Victor a cross look, "That's because every time you did it we were trying to watch the stars to find out where we were going!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by Nordbo »

Lutha, Luna and Wolfram are still loitering outside, discussing what has happened, and what may.

Lutha: "Dear brother Luna, there are worrying rumours you may have been partly responsible for the first party being captured. Can that really be true ? Was there a sleep spell involved in this debacle ? You know you oughta stay off those..."

Luna, sheepishly: "Look beyond disaster! Foulness is inside all creatures."

Lutha: "Come now, don't change the subject. Even a spell-trigger-happy colleague like our Victor here doesn't go sending everyone off to sleep at first chance. What actually happened in the caves?"

Wolfram: "Yeah, uncle Luna, why did you all get caught in the first place. Were you too reckless ?"

Lutha: "Necklace ? What you mean, Wolfram ?"

Wolfram: "<sigh> one deaf, one daft....heaven help us"
Last edited by Nordbo on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mort just stays out of this entire conversation not really trusting this new illusionist/rogue.

Kormak wonders how many illusionists they really need in their group "Victor how many more like you do we really need anyways? I though it was hard enough to deal with one of you. Remember how we first reacted to one another? Shall we have a bar brawl again for old times sake?" he chuckles near the last part of his remarks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Victor laughs boisterously, "Kormak! My brutish friend! Asking how many illusionists are needed is like asking how many stars are needed in the night sky!" He gives the half-orc a smirk, "Enough to brighten the world of darkness!"

With the comment of the bar brawl Maya speaks up, her head in her hands, "No, we do not need another bar brawl..."

Victor and Maya is ready to go back to the caves whenever everyone else is.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Synthalus »

Jareth Sands

Jareth trys to break the ice with Kormak;

" My dear Kormak, how could you possibly make it without another Illusionist. We make ill tempered, dim witted monsters wet the bed. We are the dreamers of the dreams. Masters of all and nothing. weavers of the magnificent art of creation and imagination. I ashore you that I will more then pull my own weight and that I will try my hardest to make everyone as comfortable well travelling as I can.

Borum

" Aye he'll right kiss your arse if you let him come with us and use his illusions! Jareth you need to shut your trap well your ahead, me friend. I don't think that Kormak enjoys the company of boot lickers. That being said we are moving out soon so wrap up any business you may have in town and report back to me here.

Jareth Sands

Jareth abstains from openly sneering at Borum's comments and bossy attitude, Thinking he probably deserves it. He rushes off and buys some components for his spells an meets the group back at the starting point when finished.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “B2/B5 Guido Wiedig's Keep on the Borderland & the Hills of Horror & Chaos”