Character Creation

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation

#41 Post by rredmond »

Hill Giants are 12 feet tall...
plus the dwarf has some nice defensive capabilities against them as well! :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Hill Giants are 12 feet tall...
plus the dwarf has some nice defensive capabilities against them as well! :)
Indeed they do! Too bad I missed out on that Plate +2/Shield +5! My little giant killer could have stood in the middle of the room and just thrown his hammer at them over and over while they waited for their Nat 20's to hit him!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Gynsburghe
Strider
Strider

#43 Post by Gynsburghe »

Yeah, sorry I took that. But I am your assistant tank, as a gnome fighter. I have the same bonuses, plus all my stealth abilities by multiclassing with thief...

I still have that shield, and the armor is still in the party.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by Alethan »

That's awesome. Dwarf and gnome tanks. Hey, maybe we can get your gnome a fake beard and he can pretend to be a dwarf, thus infuriating the giants even more.

I'm not too worried about the AC; more worried about DPS er, damage he can inflict with that hammer. Max of 15/round is not terribly good.

Sorry, DDO speak coming back there for a second...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Nuke66 »

How about I pick and choose from packages #5 & #9....

there isn't a monk package there...

How about +3 Spear, ring of protection +3, ring of regeneration, cloak of displacement, crossbow of speed, 30 bolts +2

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by rredmond »

Hey Nuke, I get your point. These are the magic packs right from the module, so I know they'll be helpful, but there wasn't a monk.
I'd say that your best bet is to pick one now, because Stirling still needs to go, and if he is still a ranger, then he'll likely choose 5 or 9.
If you choose then you can maybe trade back and forth with him, and others.
Finally, whatever pack is left (and I'm guessing it'll be 6) I'll let the party trade with that. The rules for that will be that the XP award of the item you want to trade in, has to be equal to or more than the XP of the item in the extra pack. Also, if you guys can't come to the consensus of who is trading what with that final pack, then I'll take names of who wants to do it, I will roll a d20 for each person, and highest roll goes first. Seems only fair (if you can't work together on it that is, which of course warms my icy DM heart :twisted: )

Please let me know if there are other questions.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by max_vale »

I have a wand of frost I apparently can't use as I'm not a Magic User (didn't realize that at the time of my choice...DOH!).....I would very much like to trade for a weapon I can use....such as a Staff or Mace; but am willing to hear other options as well. Anybody interested?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by rredmond »

max_vale wrote:I have a wand of frost I apparently can't use as I'm not a Magic User (didn't realize that at the time of my choice...DOH!).....I would very much like to trade for a weapon I can use....such as a Staff or Mace; but am willing to hear other options as well. Anybody interested?
magic pack 6 might have some options for you. :)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Nuke66 »

OK. I will take pack #5. I would really like the crossbow of speed from pack #9 whom ever picks that one. I have a sword and armor available for trade....... :D

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by max_vale »

(I'm at work right now and don't have access to my books) Can a Thief/Cleric use a Staff of Striking or is it only a Magic user weapon? Also.....can I 'downgrade' the Plate Mail armor (in package 6) to Leather Armor? If so; I'll take package 6 instead; if that works?

Or.....if there's somebody who hasn't chosen a package yet and they really want package 6; I'm happy to trade a Wand of Frost (if that character can use it) for the Staff or Hammer?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by rredmond »

I'll answer those questions and update the thread in a little bit.

My apologies to you all, the weekend got out of hand. Starting Friday night. I hate dopey staff that put my job in jeopardy. :evil:

But I'm planning on updating before I leave work, in an hour or so folks.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by max_vale »

Okay; Magic Item package switched out.....question: do I know how many charges are left in my Staff of Striking?

Return to “Steading of the Hill Giant Chief (1e)”