On the Road

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: On the Road

#21 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lesterr

Lester chuckles at the crushed biters and says "Let's get going boys, and watch for stuff in the roads, eh?" Lester slowly accelerates away, looking back to see if anything running at them is alive and not a biter.

OOC: Let's keep going.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker Riley

Glancing back over his shoulder, Tucker sees the runners. His eyes get large as he drops the equipment in the truck and runs towards the side of the car to jump in, slamming the trunk closed as he goes.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by AleBelly »

Chance hurries back to the driver's seat and starts the car to follow Uncle Lester.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Biker Lets move out the boys got the car on the road!
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker

"Let's get out of here - I don't like the look of those fast ones!"

He guns the engine and drives once everyone is on board.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Uncle Lester drives away, not too fast, but at a brisk pace, glancing back at the runners. "Ahhh, I don't like the looks ah' them runners. bad ones, they are. I tell you, we need to get some walkie talkies while we're at it. Need some communications."

Lester drives, leading the way, watchful for signs of trouble or possible ambush.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Bloodaxe »

You accelerate away.....the roads arent good, but you outpace the Runners. You think you lost them.

A few minutes later you approach a few small houses, and a large stone Church on your way to the Mall.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester slows down a bit and says gruffly "Keep an eye out for biters, any people like us, or signs of an ambush. After seein' that chopper and missile, I don't know what's going on, but I don't trust anything.

OOC: Lester will slow down just a bit, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary (when the ordinary is the living dead, that is...)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Bloodaxe »

badams30 wrote:Uncle Lester

Lester slows down a bit and says gruffly "Keep an eye out for biters, any people like us, or signs of an ambush. After seein' that chopper and missile, I don't know what's going on, but I don't trust anything.

OOC: Lester will slow down just a bit, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary (when the ordinary is the living dead, that is...)

Lester sees many dead bodies laying around. The really dead kind. Not the dead , but still walking around trying to eat you kind.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester slows the truck and motions for the others to come alongside. Nodding toward the dead bodies, he says "Boys, I got a bad feelin' about this. Be ready for anything. Let's try to get past here quick, and if somethin' tries to git us, let's hit em' hard, eh? I'm tired of takin' shi% from dead and living, so if someone gives us grief, let's put it to em', eh? Hit em' fast and hard. I'm tired of runnin'."

Lester raises an eyebrow and says "We're a team, I don't want to do anything you all don't agree with. What do you all think?"

OOC: Lester suspects some silliness here, and anticipates an ambush. He thinks the best way to respond is hit em' quick and catch them off guard. What do you all think? Run by, or jump and fight if something attacks?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#31 Post by Scott308 »

Derek, Journalist

I would rather not fight unless it is necessary. If we can get away, I think that would be safer. If we stand and fight, we put ourselves at risk. If a fight gets forced upon us, then we use overwhelming force to make sure any such conflict comes out in our favor, and quickly. But let's not court danger, as I'm sure it will find us eventually. We need to be ready when it does, and avoid it if possible.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Dram »

Whitey- I am sure we are not the only ones with this idea. We do not know if anyone has succeded or not
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker

"I agree we should hit any threat hard and fast. Any fight is going to attract biters anyway so best to get it over with quick. I aint being pushed around by no one alive either!"

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by badams30 »

Lester

Lester sighs and says "Sorry, boys. I get carried away sometimes. Maybe runnin' through is best for now, we still don't have all the stuff we need, so we could get hurt or worse trying to take on someone in their backyard. I say we drive like normal, and when we get close, we haul ass! What do you say, boys? Get a couple guns ready just in case, but just move out and try to run past this."

OOC: Whatever the vote is, Lester is ready. If the vote is to drive, let's drive at normal pace, then once we get closer, we step it up to get though there.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker Riley

"I'm not scared of any fight but these things do not feel intimidation or pain and don't care when they are outnumbered. Us stopping to fight just gives time for more of them to show up. I suggest we move as quickly as possible and fight only when necessary."

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Bloodaxe »

The bell in the Church starts ringing....or the electronic version there of. You hear a loud bang and Lester feels his truck shudder, then again as the window shatters. Blackie barks furiously.
I WILL SMITE YOU EVIL MINIONS OF SATAN! SMITE THEE LOW!

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Someone is shooting at us! They are in the church tower! Take cover!

OCC Chat
How many walkers are around?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Bloodaxe »

Dram wrote:Whitey- Someone is shooting at us! They are in the church tower! Take cover!

OCC Chat
How many walkers are around?

Only a few scattered around, none close to the vehicles.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by badams30 »

Lester

Lester shouts "Heads down, boys!" And he floors it, keeping watch to make sure nothing that can kill tires is in front of him...

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker

Steve follows Lester's lead and speeds up. He'll stay a good 40 feet behind whoever he is following, ready to slam the brakes if needed.

"Keep your heads down boys, this is going to get a little rough."

He'll also still be watching for changes in Tiny's condition.

Return to “Rot World RPG”