#21 Post by Gelatinous Q »

D'oh! :oops: Fixed.
Failure is always an option.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: MARCHING ORDER

#22 Post by Argennian »

Good with Savik's spot in the marching order as well.

I agree with Nuke that the Gordon the ranger should be in the front row with Bran the dwarf.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:Good with Savik's spot in the marching order as well.

I agree with Nuke that the Gordon the ranger should be in the front row with Bran the dwarf.
We'd have to put Glogs in the rear, then, as a guard. There aren't any particular skills Gordon has that makes him more suited to be on point underground, are there? My thinking was that it would be good to give him a break from being on point when we're underground so he can be refreshed to do it when above ground.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:
Argennian wrote:Good with Savik's spot in the marching order as well.

We'd have to put Glogs in the rear, then, as a guard. There aren't any particular skills Gordon has that makes him more suited to be on point underground, are there? My thinking was that it would be good to give him a break from being on point when we're underground so he can be refreshed to do it when above ground.
Was just thinking of the btb ranger-class surprise bonuses/caveats. When ready for action, a ranger surprises opponents 50% of the time (3 in 6) and is only surprised 16.66% of the time themselves (1 in 6) in comparison to no adjustment for a straight fighter class. That could be huge, especially when you know you have an enemy or baddies ahead.

But your point of order about giving Gordon a break so that he's not always going first is noted, Al. Just as an aside, there are other party members that can scout and stealth, such as Ulf and Savik for instance. There are btb racial surprise adjustments for certain races in non-metal armor that could be considered a boon as well. My 2 rusty coppers... :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by Alethan »

Feel free to change the order as desired. Was just throwing something out there to move the game along because nobody else said anything.

Makes me no never mind. Would prefer to keep the healer towards the back, anyway...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Gelatinous Q »

OK, so I'm flip-flopping Glogs and Gordon in the marching order. Gordon is now on point with Bran, and Glogs is your rear guard.

Everyone cool?
Failure is always an option.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by rredmond »

Choo got it.
Lot less messy in the back. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “1E Greyhawk: Strange Days in Ratik”