Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

Back at the Safe House (G2 - thread 2)

#1 Post by Magnus »

Date: Autumn, 432 ca., Campaign Day 13
Time: 13:00
Weather: 12 degrees (f), moderate wind, visibility 150'

And so it was, battered and bruised, the party made a clean escape from the Rift into the swirling snows beyond. The wind covered their tracks as they made their way to the Safe House cave.

Their new dwarven friends joined them - the party quickly learned that the three dwarves had ventured to the Rift upon hearing tales of a group of powerful humans who had slain NOSRA, the HILL GIANT CHIEF, and laid waste to the Steading. Word had reached the dwarven clans, by way of the Wildlings, that these humans were headed to the RIFT. Given the ancestral hatred that Brax and co bore towards the giants, it took little persuading to have them join the fight.

The party was left to rest, heal, divinate, and plan/prepare for their next foray into the Rift. The party had broken a raid on the lands of mankind before it even began, but were a long way away from conquering the Rift.

Let's move quickly here to get back to the action. That said, I encourage you to re-review the results of the commune spell, as it may be more meaningful now that you have seen the Rift.
HP: (updated)

Arqos: 35/91 (-15)
Gaerys: 40/69
Flambeau: 32/75 (!!)
Lorath 19/43 (!!!)
Hollis: 52/52
Vorsyin: 8/52
Brax: 60/74
Dwarves (2)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Back at the Safe House (G2 - thread 2)

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax Greybeard introduces himself a bit more formally "I am sorry I didna intraduce meself properly afore. I'm Brax Greybeard, this be my two brother men at arms Krom & Throm we severed in the dwarf armies an fought many a giants in our days. We wish ta help ya in this battle against them frost giants." the dwarf spits as if the mere mention of the giants offends his tongue to say them. "What we lack in height we make up for on the battle field. Whats yer plan men?" The other two dwarves nod their agreement to follow the party into battle the giants. Otherwise neither says much.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Cwreando »

Lorath introduces himself, "Hail and well met Brax, Krom, & Throm. I'm Lorath, you sure helped us out back there. Thanks. I don't know about these folks but I think we could use your help. Hear take 20 of the little gems Brax, I grabbed out of one of the caves." Lorath hands 20 to each of the others leaving 20 for himself.
Based on the Healing chart I count 6 PC's. 120 gems/6 = 20 per. If this number needs adjusted we'll changes it accordingly. Should any refuse them Lorath simply keeps them.

Lorath gets warm by the fire if there is one or hunkers down and wraps up and stays near the back to stay warm as they plan out their recovery. Lorath says, "I think we need to find a way to do more stealth work and use magic in a way that keeps us out of direct fighting. I got to thinking based on how that last fight ended. If we could sneak in and use a Fireball inside a cave the limited volume of space and the expanding nature of that spell and pressure of it might help us seal them in or kill them under a collapse possibly. What do you think? I might be more useful if I could scribe Fireball into my spell book while we rest."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Zhym »

Arqos builds a fire, kneels in front of it, and begins to pray. "O Lord of Light, we thank you for our first victory on this new battlefield in your war against the Other. We pray that you will accept the souls of Rommel, Marcus, and Olaf into your warm and shining domain. I beg your forgiveness that I was unable to protect them. And though we are not worthy, we ask your continued favor as we prepare to go once again into the dark and the cold, there to smite your enemies."

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax acknowledges a prayer when he hears one bowing his head "Sorry ta hear you lost members of yer party. May their souls find a warriors welcome on the other side." Throm and Krom likewise bow their heads in a moment of silence to honor the dead.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Magnus »

Date: Autumn, 432 ca., Campaign Day 14
Time: 7:00
Weather: 30 degrees (f), moderate wind, snow, visibility 100'

After a meal and deep, restful sleep, the party awakens to a somewhat warmer morning. Snowflakes gently shimmer to the ground. The scene is almost peaceful, but for the numerous wounds, both physical and psychological, borne by the party after their first battle.

Healing spells are cast all around, and the party puts the spirits of Rommel, Olaf, and Marcus to rest.

What does the party do today?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Cwreando »

"Vorsyin, would it be possible for me to scribe your fireball spell into my spell book today? This will give us better survival odds and more power against this Giant force", asks Lorath? To the others, "Thank you my friend for the healing you have provided me. Let us hope we need less of that this next time around. Lorath provide the maps of his scouting report to the others. I didn't go very far into the caves but it's like a hornets nest for the sounds of things and activity I heard while partially in there. I suggest polymorph and invisibility as a means of scouting the further, but I can no longer cast the spell Polymorph self. We may just have to do it invisibly this go around and only a few should go especially if you can employ stealthy skills."Lorath will sharpen/clean his weapons and armor, scribe spells if possible and eat some food.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by saalaria »

Hollis seeks Brax out at some point.

"My thanks to you and your fellow dwarves for your timely appearance. Tell me, sir, are you interested in defeating the giants permanently? This is our mission and why we are here."

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

saalaria wrote:Hollis seeks Brax out at some point.

"My thanks to you and your fellow dwarves for your timely appearance. Tell me, sir, are you interested in defeating the giants permanently? This is our mission and why we are here."
Brax gives a look of do you really have to ask? "Does a bear crap in the woods? What do yah think. I enjoy killin giants. I got a hammer I call Giant Slayer. Lad I an me boys here are more than happy to put an end ta the giants with ya." ;)

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Cwreando »

Lorath says, "I can cast invisibility on three people that will last until they attack something or it is dispelled either by magic or by me. You will still make tracks unless you are flying in some form. You still make noise based on your movements possibly and you still have a smell or scent."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Computer +1 »

Vorsyin will accept any healing with thanks. He otherwise sets about checking his spell components and then studying from his spell book and relearning some spells. (Character Sheet Updated)

He hears Lorath's request but is too busy to even give it thought at the moment.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Zhym »

Gaerys will go scout out the rift. With an invisibility spell, his cloak and boots, the ring of water walking, and his ranger skills, he should leave as little trace as possible.

He'll approach the rift and watch for signs of activity, but not enter the rift.

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Magnus »

Zhym wrote:Gaerys will go scout out the rift. With an invisibility spell, his cloak and boots, the ring of water walking, and his ranger skills, he should leave as little trace as possible.

He'll approach the rift and watch for signs of activity, but not enter the rift.
Is anyone going with him, such as Lorath levitating invisibily?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Cwreando »

Lorath doesn't have levitation mem'd anymore. Doh 3 invisibility now.

Lorath will cast invisibility on whomever wants it. up to 3 that is.

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Magnus »

Cwreando wrote:Lorath doesn't have levitation mem'd anymore. Doh 3 invisibility now.

Lorath will cast invisibility on whomever wants it. up to 3 that is.
We can fudge that one if you want to go, under the assumption that the party talked plan first, then memorized.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Cwreando »

It makes sense for me to go but I'm not as stealthy as a ranger Id have to strip down my gear to be quiet I think. If I can manage it I'll go with.

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Magnus »

Cwreando wrote:It makes sense for me to go but I'm not as stealthy as a ranger Id have to strip down my gear to be quiet I think. If I can manage it I'll go with.
I am not sure...you decide and . Note that sound is not a HUGE factor given the howling winds.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Computer +1 »

I assume that Vorsyin would be busy learning spells and unable to go now, correct?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Cwreando »

"How long do you think this will take? I can make us both invisible and I can levitate myself for just over an hour, at any point to avoid tracks and noise really. I'd have to give you an invisible rope to pull me along and I can possible act as a means see from a higher location although the weather will probably prevent that being useful. I can remain hear if you'd prefer or just at the entrance to the rift to help you back if you want",asks Lorath?

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax "I'd go but I'm no ranger and far from bein a stealthy elf. Plus these boars would give us away."

Return to “Against the Giants (OSRIC)”