[Continued] - Quirin/Dwarves II - 5 April, 1 VC

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Quirin/Dwarves II - 5 April, 1 VC

#401 Post by AleBelly »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Saveing throw [1d20] = 19 :lol: nice spelling, at least it worked
:lol:

Avenge Crivit!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by Keehnelf »

Quick Note: if you roll for an action on the dice roller, you are committing yourself to that action. I don't audit the log THAT often, but I do occasionally for a variety of reasons.

If I come across a situation where you rolled something that was play-oriented and it didn't show up linked in game, that's a black mark. I won't ever call someone out for it, but I do keep track, and chances are if you've done it, you know you have.

This is my way of saying: if you make a mistake and roll a macro accidentally, be pro-active and send me a PM about it, because otherwise it looks dishonest and works against you.

Everyone's here to have fun (I hope), and when we're not all playing by the same set of rules that does hurt the fun. Thanks.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#403 Post by KingOfCowards »

Bertram makes another feeble attempt to hit the ghoul.
Attack with Longsword: [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 Damage: [1d8+1] = 6+1 = 7
Initiative: [1d6] = 5
I was thinking the fight was over, but then I realized we still had to win initiative. Hopefully this helps.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by sulldawga »

Quirin will keep his nerve for one more round and hold, looking for clear targets.

Thanks for rolling initiative for me. Had soccer Friday night and Valentine's Day with the wife last night so no time to post until now.

GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#405 Post by GTan_Baq »

Feeling totally useless in a fight against an undead, Abi keeps running.
The optimist, "The glass is half full."
The pessimist, "The glass is half empty."
The gamer, "I drink the water; what happens?"

Greed shall be thy undoing!

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#406 Post by Spartakos »

Galen continues fighting as well.

Attack with mace: [1d20] = 19, damage: [1d6] = 6

Okay, I need a little clarification.
In a situation like this, with group initiative, the party is all acting simultaneously. Buryl has already rolled his attack, and we the players know that if we win initiative, he will drop this punk and that's that; any attacks the rest of us make on it are wasted, because if Buryl loses initiative, so does everyone else.
BUT...our PCs don't know that. So while I'd like to have Galen hold back in case another enemy shows up (or even just start running again), it feels like metagaming. But I don't want to waste a great attack roll (like the one I just rolled) on an enemy I already know is dead.

Sorry, that's a bit rambly...long story short, is it cool with everyone (DM and players) if we base our PCs actions on the actions/outcomes of PCs who post before us? Or is that uncool?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by Keehnelf »

Here's a counter-thought. If you lose initiative, Buryl may go down without having the chance to take his attack. So, you can elect to say: well, he looks like he's going to take down the monster, so I'll hold my action for any new monsters appearing. In that case, you might end up watching nervously while the thing kills Buryl and not doing anything about it.

It's a trade-off either way, and there are few cases where it's unbalancing to operate from a perspective of knowledge, so feel free to do so. Just recognize that you're making a choice of actions and things don't always go the way you expect.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#408 Post by Spartakos »

Keehnelf wrote:Here's a counter-thought. If you lose initiative, Buryl may go down without having the chance to take his attack. So, you can elect to say: well, he looks like he's going to take down the monster, so I'll hold my action for any new monsters appearing. In that case, you might end up watching nervously while the thing kills Buryl and not doing anything about it.
Stupidly enough, I somehow overlooked that possibility. Point taken, and thanks.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Keehnelf »

Will put up a round summary in a new thread soon.

Rain begins to pound and pour outside the all-too-distant exit as Abi runs for freedom, snuffing out what fickle sunlight there was.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”