II. Local Heroes

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: II. Local Heroes

#41 Post by Alethan »

Ciar slides down from his chair and quietly rushes to the front door and slips outside.

He returns a minute later, shaking his head.

"He was already out of sight by the time I checked."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan returns to the group, smiling. "Can't wait to eat. My stomach is empty!"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by hedgeknight »

"Hmph. And you fellers thought I was in a bad mood."

Festus sits back and waits for his supper.
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by dmw71 »

Kassal quickly reaches for the small pouch of coins left by Silas and opens it to reveal it's filled with gold coins. Ameiko returns while the coins are being counted - 48 in total - with a steaming platter of her curry-spiced salmon and pitcher of her winterdrop mead. "Let me know if you need anything else," she says. "I can show you to your rooms once you're done," she adds before bustling off to assist another table.

The sun disappears over the horizon, giving rise to the moon and glistening stars on this clear night. Through the various inn windows, lanterns can be seen flickering on up and down the streets as the group has their fill of food and drink.

---

If anyone has any additional plans for the evening, let me know. Otherwise, we can advance to the following morning.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

Ciar finishes his meal, takes his 8 gold coins from the pile in the middle of the table and, having left nothing at the other inn, proceeds to his room after Ameiko shows him where it is.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal knocks on the halfling's door on his way to his bed, after pocketing his 8gps and offers to cast a spell called armour on the halfling should he wish it in the morning. "it acts like scale armour, but without the restrictions
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#47 Post by Alethan »

Ciar eyes the gnome suspiciously and asks, "Does it hurt?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal laughs aloud. "Painless. And lasts until broken. By more damage than you could hope to take for sure. It won't work when you are wearing your leathers though, so carry them with you on your mount. It's up to you of course, but the spells force is potent at turning blows and leaves you free from the restrictions of armour to boot.

He says his good evenings and retires to pour through the new spell book, and to transcribe some of the spells into the new book from his old one.
Last edited by Storm11 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by onlyme »

Fulp likewise grabs his 8 and excuses himself from the table. He will retire to the room Ameiko shows him.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by hedgeknight »

Festus waits until the "shorties" leave and then refills his mug and also Sylvan's and Sparrow's as he says, "Tell me true, my friends, what do ya think of this Silas feller? I fer one don't trust him."
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#51 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Im with you Festus. He seemed a bit uptight about something. And his words were even less encouraging.

A man in that kind of mood is either worried about something or trying to deny himself that he is.

Sparrow remembers that he still has items stowed at the last room and leaves to retrieve them before the next drink. I gotta head back to the White Deer fellas. Use my 8 gold to buy another round in my stead. I'll be right back, unless some of those goblins return that is. He laughs and slams his mug before heading out the door.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by AleBelly »

"He seems like most of the arrogant traders my family dealt with" replies Sylvan, taking a long draught from his newly filled tankard.

"I don't think he means us harm. Seems nervous to me. I'll tell you one thing, if he's offering 600 gold for the job, it's worth at least a thousand. I'll wager that's why he has no other takers. Worse than goblins, probably. Hopefully we 'll meet some orcs" he finishes, his face hardening.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by hedgeknight »

"Damn straight, and I'd bet me arm it ain't no simple caravan trip."

Festus takes Sparrow's eight gold, puts seven in his pocket, and leaves one out on the table. "Keep 'em coming lass, fer as long as this lasts," he says, handing the serving girl the gold piece.
"We'll give Sparrow the other seven in the morning > remind me if I ferget, eh?" he gives Sylvan a wink and tips back his mug.
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#54 Post by dmw71 »

After collecting their share of the coins, Ciar, Kassal and Fulp waste no time learning their room locations; with the former two discussing the benefits and application of the 'Armor' spell. Festus, Sparrow and Sylvan share their impressions of Silas before Sparrow remembers he still had possessions stored in his original room back at the other inn. While Sparrows sets out to retrieve them, Festus and Sylvan continue to enjoy the ever full plates and tankards and agree that Silas' task is likely to be one fraught with danger.

The rest of the night is uneventful and everyone rises well rested.

---

A couple things:
1) I added a "Condition" note next to each character on the 'Cast of Characters' thread. There were two characters that were still slightly wounded, and Sylvan had two spells left (also tracked on that linked page). Sylvan, if he wishes, can role play any healing attempts from the previous night.
2) Everyone has a chance to conduct some simple business before breakfast, and ultimately decide whether or not they want to remain in the inn after breakfast to wait for Silas or do something else.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan quaffs a few more brews with the dwarf, takes his 8 gp and walks out into the night air. "I'll have to meditate for more healing spells tomorrow" he says to his drinking buddy before departing.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal will memorise his magic before breakfast.

When the others surface he will ask them if they have made any decisions about Silas' offer. He will also ask them if they mind him joining with their company.

"I am a fledgling wizard, with a few tricks up my long sleeves that might prove useful! he states, hoping to encourage the others to say yes.
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by onlyme »

Fulp sleeps in a long as possible with the noise of the morning, and eventually makes his way down to breakfast and to meet the others.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#58 Post by Alethan »

In the morning, Ciar comes downstairs refreshed and orders a basic human-sized meal of sausages and eggs to break his fast.

"Kassal, I've thought about your offer; I'll pass for now.dont seem to do me much good if I have to carry my armour wit me in case yer spell wears off. I'll just stick to my trusty leathers, thanks."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Storm11 »

The gnome nods happily
Greys Campaign.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by hedgeknight »

Festus ignores the gnome and after breakfast, he wanders to town a bit, checking out shops he hasn't seen before.
Winter is coming...

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”