[Completed] - Rhodri/GoldFinger - 5 April, 1 VC

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Rhodri/GoldFinger - 5 April, 1 VC

#341 Post by Keehnelf »

Zorroroaster wrote:"Quaaaack! Here's your reward! Quaaaack!"
Haha, when I realized what was going on it actually made me chuckle out loud.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Keehnelf »

April 15, 1 VC - 3:50am

Kennit is on watch in the middle of the night when he becomes aware of a soft rustling sound in the undergrowth. Mammon perks his ears up and stands to attention, growling softly alongside the halfling.

After a moment or two, the dire wolf that had fought as the white goblin's mount earlier that day pokes its head out of the bushes, low against the ground, across the clearing from the party. The creature is obviously exhausted and badly injured, and it pants slightly in a pathetic way as Kennit eyes the thing warily.

Finally, it cocks its head slightly at him, and in a hoarse and raspy voice, it says, in Chaotic:

Chaotic speakers only:
"...Truce?"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Zorroroaster »

Ha! I can't tell you how hard it is for me to not read that. So hard! (I haven't read it.)
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#344 Post by Spartakos »

Same here, Orrin!
Kennit, try to command it with the badass power of your new sword! Halfling riding a dire wolf, that's awesome.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#345 Post by KingOfCowards »

Kennit's snarl nearly matches Mammon's as the wolf approaches,and he holds the sword, ready to strike. But he is surprised when the wolf speaks to him and he fights off the urge to attack.
In chaotic
"You've got a lot of nerve coming back here. But, I will not kill you unless you give me reason to. What is it that you want?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Keehnelf »

In chaotic, it responds:
"Goblin...dead. Master...gone. Need rest. Rest OK? No kill."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Zorroroaster »

In his sleep, Orrin mutters something that sounds vaguely like "you're killing me, man."
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#348 Post by KingOfCowards »

Nothing to see here
We all need rest. Why would you choose to rest here amongst your enemies? Unless you propose a...(there are few words in chaotic to represent any form of symbiotic relationship)...working together. I offer you protection, you work for me? What is your name?
I asked a lot of questions trying to speed the conversation along, not to leave everybody waiting. I figured an alpha role made more sense to it than an even alliance. At the very least, Kennit would demand it answer our questions in tbe morning in exchange for staying here tonight.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Zorroroaster »

damnit, I clicked that thinking you were messing with me. Nearly read it too, but the force is strong with this one.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Zhym »

Lug hears voices in his sleep...

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by Keehnelf »

Chaotic:
"Is Grrraghhrtghak. Seek Master. Need rest. Many goblins. You hate goblins? Is hate goblins. Safe here. Rest. Find Master. Later."

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#352 Post by KingOfCowards »

Chaotic
"I see. We are both enemies of the goblins. You may rest here tonight. Tomorrow you will tell us all you know of them. You can sleep over there away from the rest, I'll keep the others from killing you. If you cross us, Grrraghhrtghak, you will not be spared."

Kennit will warn whoever has the next watch of the dire wolf seeking asylum.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Keehnelf »

April 15, 1 VC - 7:00am

Rhodri and Numen both recover 1 HP overnight. This is enough for Rhodri to regain consciousness. Kennit is last watch of the night, so his four conscious companions are surprised, upon waking, to find the bloody dire wolf from the day before snoozing on the far side of the clearing. Finalizing spells for the day will take another hour, but I figured conversation about the wolf would happen before that was done.

Everyone except Lug deduct one day's rations.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Zorroroaster »

Orrin rises from sleep, but jerks violently when he spots the sleeping dire wolf and his good hand immediately goes to his axe handle and grips tightly. He doesn't move however, as he sees Kennit up and awake and apparently unbothered by their recent enemy so close at hand.

In hushed tones, he calls to Kennit.

"Kennit! What in all hell is going on? What is that fell beast doing laying at our very feet? It was set to kill us yesterday, and here I wake to find it snoring like the family dog! Tell me quick, or I'm apt to put my axe into it's neck."

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#355 Post by KingOfCowards »

"Glad you are feeling hale this morning friend." The halfling speaks through half his mouth while chewing on hard tack. "The wolf came seeking asylum from the goblins last night. He'll answer our questions about the goblins in this area today, and we'll know how close we are to earning the Duke's reward. I didn't ask it yet, but I had a mind to have it help carry that ogre you brought along with us. Maybe we could make some sort of sled."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Zhym »

"Ogre?!" Lug doesn't have to take this lying down!

Oh. Guess he does.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#357 Post by KingOfCowards »

Zhym wrote:"Ogre?!" Lug doesn't have to take this lying down!

Oh. Guess he does.
To a halfling and a dwarf, you're practically a giant.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Do you trust it?"

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#359 Post by KingOfCowards »

Kennit shrugs at the dwarf's question. "Not really.", and he pats the sword on his lap. "But that's what this is for. If it doesn't want to play nice, we don't need to play at all."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Zorroroaster »

Orrin notes the gesture.

"Awfully confident about yerself all of a sudden, eh? You sure that thing isn't going to yer head a little? I've heard of swords that control their masters, not the other way round."

Looking back to the wolf, he agrees with Kennit about moving Lug. "A sled might be a good idea. I don't know if I would let that beast too near the city gates though. No telling what might happen. It could help us get Lug most of the way, though."

1 days ration deducted.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”