Adventure 2b: Morning at Mountain's Edge

bislab
Strider
Strider

Re: Adventure 2b: Morning at Mountain's Edge

#21 Post by bislab »

Mournath attempt to listen in : [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19

No particular skills at being stealthy, just a +1 for WIS bonus

Duh! did that skill roll wrong, either way it's a failure as it's well above my WIS

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Pulpatoon »

The WIS bonus wouldn't actually apply, in either case. A high WIS score is already an advantage when rolling a check. The +1 applies to efforts to save vs. things like mind-control magic (although I'm more likely to treat that as a straight WIS check rather than a save, in either case). More on the use of ability bonuses can be found in the Rules thread.

The two armored men part ways with the cartographer not long after leaving the Inn. The walk down the street a distance and join up with four other armored men, who are surrounded by a small ring of onlookers. As Mournath edges closer to try to hear their conversation, one of the men shoots him a dirty look of warning. A second man, noticing the exchange of looks, calls over to Mournath. "You. Boy. Who is the authority in this town? Where will we find them?"

bislab
Strider
Strider

#23 Post by bislab »

As I'm no criminal sir, I've yet to make their acquaintance. Mournath looks the man directly in the eye, his inflection hard but not challenging. Any of these city dwellers could direct you. This is said without malice, but much like a person might say the word 'soft' or 'inconsequential' in place of city
Mournath doesn't like being called a child and speaks to the man on equal footing, not as a lesser. I'd like to impress him in this scene I guess

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Pulpatoon »

The armored man has already turned away from Mournath before the young woodsman has finished five words of his response. He calls to the next citizen upon whom his eyes alight and repeats his question. They point out the Mayor's residence, not far from their present spot on the village's only main street.

The armored men march up the street.

A hub-bub breaks out among the locals. The people of Stoat are used to strangers, especially in the days before the Pass opens, but arms and armor are unusual, as is the attitude of command that these visitors convey.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Pulpatoon »

To the Stoat Contingent: The Herebury party will be here soon!

If you are interested in continuing with the game, and can commit to checking in at least every other day, please keep posting!

If this doesn't work for you at present, please let me know at any point down the road when you'd like to join in!

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Pulpatoon »

Alright! The Herebury folks have arrived, and with them begins a new thread:
Adventure 2, Chapter 2: Stoat and the Pass

Return to “At the Forest's Edge (Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures)”