Chapter 5: The Fabricator of Planes

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 5: The Fabricator of Planes

#121 Post by tooleychris »

"Whitsell knows more than I. I'll let him explain. Think he got it from the demon."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell answers,

Shhhh... keep it down. Flynn is afraid to admit how he KNEW it was magic. To me it looked more like an artist's work.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon nods, whispers, "Well, spit it out man, what is this relic?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Rukellian »

I would like to know too what this relic is that Whitsell found. I am thoroughly confused by what you guys are talking about. :lol: You all referring to the orb?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by onlyme »

Flynn would have to show you...He has it. ;)

Seriously, we are just trying to stir up conversation to see if the elusive magic person of interest would show himself in curiosity, since we have no way of knowing how to find him.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Rukellian »

Ah, I see.

Laywin is bursting with a youngster's excitement now. "So you all DID find something! What is it? Something dangerous!? Or maybe... no, it has has to be something dangerous! Let me tag along. Who knows what kind of evil might be drawn to such a valuable thing. It is valuable, right?"

As the group looks around the room, they find that no one is looking in their direction now, either having lost interest or not believing them. The bartender smiles and walks up to them. "Whatever it is you guys are tryin' to pull, it ain't workin' from the looks of things. If you be looking for some suckers, plenty out on the streets," he says with a hearty laugh.

Hal wakes up and comes downstairs looking a lot better. The bartender is quick to get him some drink and food, not even waiting for the man to ask. Hal joins the group, taking another seat adjacent to their table. "You guys hear from Sunshine yet? He was supposed to go out looking for that shadow warrior when I rested. Haven't heard back from him myself. You think he turned on us?" Hal says this with a twisted grin, almost as if he is looking forward to kiling the elf for possible betrayal.

Laywin pipes up upon hearing Hal mention the words Shadow Warrior and Sunshine. "Are those code words for something?" he says with exclamation! "Working with the Captain himself too, this really must be the real deal! You have to let me help you guys. It gets so boring here with the bandits gone..."

Are you guys going to be staying in the inn, or going out onto the streets to attract more attention?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn kisses Amber and says !We should seek out Sunshine. You can come, if your duties permit."he smiles at Whitsell. Getting up, he opens the door for the rest.
So now I'VE got the relic. Swell! :)
Flynn gives Deicedon and Hal a wink.
Indeed, Laywin. I can't say I KNEW it was magical before I laid hand on it. Touching the foul thing, however, I felt a surge of evil. As if it were possessed by the demon that carried it."
He walks on, trying to appear secretive but not being too hushed.
"I showed it to Whitsell. After all twas he who slew the demon..It spoke to me. In my head. It said kill. Whitsell didn't hear but still he recoiled. Refusing to touch it. I to, became afraid of it's power and put it in my pack so I could stop holding it as well." he pauses.
"You know. Once at sea, I was told a tale of a water witch named Rose who could not be defeated. You see, she stored her soul in a gem called the Heart of the Ocean. Whenever her body died, she would possess anyone holding the stone. I wonder if this isn't similar. "

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by onlyme »

tooleychris wrote:
"You know. Once at sea, I was told a tale of a water witch named Rose who could not be defeated. You see, she stored her soul in a gem called the Heart of the Ocean. Whenever her body died, she would possess anyone holding the stone. I wonder if this isn't similar. "
Whitsell replies,
If you're finished telling that boy titanic tales, then, yes, lets go find the sunshine...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Rukellian »

Laywin's eyes just bulge in astonishment as he hear's the swashbuckler's tale. Since the group is considered heroes of the town, the young man cannot help but take their word. He stares at Flynn's pack and nods his head in understanding, taking a few steps away from it as he tags along. "By the gods man, you carry such a burden! I would not dare even carry such a thing if I knew of its evil..." Laywin shakes his head out of self-induced trance of wonder and picks up speed as he heads towards the market area. Hal just smiles at the exchange, knowing full well what is going on at this point.

"Shouldn't be much farther now," says the Captain. "This area is known for its shady folk, even amongst a community of former thieves, this place reeks of bad business." Upon entering the market district it is not long before you hear the sound of running feet. "Running? From what..." Hal looks around trying to find the source. The crowds in the market area are dense, most of the town coming out to trade goods and supplies as well as buy trinkets from the real world, brought here.

Everyone with thief skill Hear Noise, please roll for it.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Grognardsw »

onlyme wrote:Whitsell responds,
CAptn Hal had him locked up for the night, I believe. Let's find where he did that.
Is Sunshine in the jail then, and we're walking to it?

Hear Noise [1d100] = 3 Yes

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn grips his pack tightly with one hand and rests his other on sword hilt. He's been to many dock districts and is acclimated to the dangers of a busy market.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell likewise goes on higher alert, ready to attack or defend. He is hoping that his reputation, if it has worked its way into the market, inspires awe rather than desires to defeat him.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rand's hear noise roll
Hear Noise(19%): [1d100] = 24
So close...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Zhym »

Rejoining the group, Elethil gratefully accepts the healer's ministrations.

"If Sunshine is imprisoned, it's a recent development," he says.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Rukellian »

Only Deceidon sees this
Deceidon has been ready for something like this, being accustomed to picking out distinct noises in crowded places. With his acute hearing, he quickly identifies the source of the running. A dirty beggar of man, in his mid-thirties and quite terrified, comes bolting out of an alley some 40 ft behind the group. Blood splatter is all over his clothes and he looks all bruised up, and unarmed. He runs in the direction you all came from, away from the alley he emerged from.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon swings around, pointing at the fleeing bloodied man who ran from an alley behind them.

"Capture that man!" he yells to the others. He pursues, then veers into the alley from whence the man came.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rand will run with the group, steadily slowing until he is at the alley entrance as everyone else, minus Deceidon, run after the beggar. He will peer around the corner of the alley and watch the cloaked man.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn gives chase but peeks after Deceidon to make sure he's ok.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell gives chase as well

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rukellian »

The crowds quickly depart to make room for the Captain Hal as he leads the group's charge towards the fleeing man. "Good ears my friend! Come, time is of the essence!" Hal does not waste any time, and neither does Whitsell as they look to secure the bloody man. Flynn and Rand give chase as well, but slows down to quickly take a look down the alley that the man supposedly ran from. Deceidon does not waste any time with the bloody man, he quickly cuts into the alley, silently and with fierce speed. Elithil follows Flynn's and Rand's example (until stated otherwise by player).

To those who saw down the alley.
The small corridor between two large buildings gives way to a bloody scene. Multiple bodies are found on the ground, gashed, sliced, beaten, dead. Blood splatter can be found lining the walls and surrounding environment. You notice a couple of the bodies wearing guard uniforms.
For Deceidon who enters...
The alley stretches far but makes a cut to the left. Approaching this corner, you can hear the sound of a muffled noise, a smack and then a pained moan. You hear the sound of harsh whispers, followed by another smacking sound.
Captain Hal catches up to the fleeing man, pinning him to the ground. "Speak man, what happened?!" The man screams in terror upon being shoved to the ground, clearly in a state of hysterics. "NO! NO!! Get away. I must get away! Let me go. *moans* He's going to catch me..." Tears flood his eyes as he struggles from underneath Hal, clawing at the ground in front of him. Whitsell arrives shortly afterwards, his plate mail slowing down his run.

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”