Chapter 5: The Fabricator of Planes

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 5: The Fabricator of Planes

#101 Post by Rukellian »

onlyme wrote:Whitsell hushes Laywin
.Man, pipe down. I dont know if it is dangerous or not. I only know the evil of it. He looks around to see what ears may perk up.

We secured it just up the road a bit, to protect it, and ourselves. I dont know enough about it to tell you what it does or doesnt do. And certainly no one would be foolish enough to volunteer to test it out.
"Evil huh?" Laywin says in a hoarse whisper. "Evil, in my line of work, IS dangerous. And if its magical, then it must be both." The young man grows increasingly excited as his mind races through heroic imagery. "The mighty Whitsell slaying demons and now hunting down dangerous items of evil magics! I-I'd be honored if you would let me assist you in this endeavor!"

Roast pork from the and variety of sides are laid out before you as Laywin talks, the barkeep just smiling and nodding his head in response to the young man's assumed foolishness. "Right boy, and I suppose you will be slaying the dragon resting on that mountain top over yonder as well?" The barkeep lets loose a hearty laugh and winks towards Whitsell and Flynn before leaving. Everyone around the group joins in the laughter as well, appearing to lose interest in what Whitsell originally said. Laywin just shoots a scowl towards the man and everyone around him.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Rukellian »

Grognardsw wrote:
Rukellian wrote: In the distance, you spot Lump standing outside, talking to a few other guards. You notice Kitra, the archer for hire who helped with the bandit threat earlier, standing along side Lump. Her eyes fall upon you three almost instantly after you exit the forest, but does not say or do anything in response, just watches closely.
"Where is Sunshine?" asks Deceidon.
Whom do you ask?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rand stands towards the back of the group, not saying anything but watching Deceidon and anyone else they come across.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon asks Lump. If he doesn't know, he'll ask Hal. If Hal isn't there, I'll ask Lump and the others where Hal is and go to him.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Rukellian »

Lump recognizes Deceidon and Elithil as they approach, Rand concealed behind them. He finishes talking with the guards and waves them over, a smile on his face. "The Captain is taking a rest in the inn, all battered and what-not. Sunshine? Who's that? If you be looking for that other elf that was with him, suspicious fellow that one, you can find him lurking through the streets. The captain says the elf is on orders to find a shadowy warrior, whatever that means, haha. Sounds like a goose chase if you be askin' me!"

As the group passes the gate, Kitra the hired archer mercenary, stops the group and asks them directly: "So, you've caught the thief eh? Didn't steal much from the looks of things..." she says as she eyes Rand and his belongings. "What do you plan on doing with him?" Though Rand managed to slip by the guards, Kitra's hawk like eyes seemed to pluck him out easy enough.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote:
onlyme wrote:Whitsell hushes Laywin
.Man, pipe down. I dont know if it is dangerous or not. I only know the evil of it. He looks around to see what ears may perk up.

We secured it just up the road a bit, to protect it, and ourselves. I dont know enough about it to tell you what it does or doesnt do. And certainly no one would be foolish enough to volunteer to test it out.
"Evil huh?" Laywin says in a hoarse whisper. "Evil, in my line of work, IS dangerous. And if its magical, then it must be both." The young man grows increasingly excited as his mind races through heroic imagery. "The mighty Whitsell slaying demons and now hunting down dangerous items of evil magics! I-I'd be honored if you would let me assist you in this endeavor!"

Roast pork from the and variety of sides are laid out before you as Laywin talks, the barkeep just smiling and nodding his head in response to the young man's assumed foolishness. "Right boy, and I suppose you will be slaying the dragon resting on that mountain top over yonder as well?" The barkeep lets loose a hearty laugh and winks towards Whitsell and Flynn before leaving. Everyone around the group joins in the laughter as well, appearing to lose interest in what Whitsell originally said. Laywin just shoots a scowl towards the man and everyone around him.
Whitsell responds... Poor Laywin, don't let them discourage you. Look at this fella He points to Flynn. He wasn't much more suited to adventuring and beast slaying then you, and well... he still aint. ha ha ha Seriously. If you practice enough, You'll get there.
He quickly finishes his meal, and heads out the door looking to see if the barkeep might be awaiting him outside somewhere.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rand gives the archer an equal stare, "Can't really call me a thief if I've never stolen anything now can you? The whole issue earlier today was a misunderstanding, and I opted that fleeing was better than being attacked by some towns person in haste..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Rand gives the archer an equal stare, "Can't really call me a thief if I've never stolen anything now can you? The whole issue earlier today was a misunderstanding, and I opted that fleeing was better than being attacked by some towns person in haste..."
Kitra just shrugs as shes stands to the side one hand fisted up on her waist. "Or you're just a thief who couldn't even steal from that fat Jessie. Shame, I was hoping you'd be much more... isn't important now I suppose." Clearly dissapointed in the apparent lack of thiefliness (just made that word up, going with it) in Rand, Kitra grows bored and walks away. She turns her head every now and then and looks back at the group with a sly smile before disappearing into the town's streets.

What is the group's next course of action?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Grognardsw »

Rukellian wrote:"...you can find him lurking through the streets. The captain says the elf is on orders to find a shadowy warrior..."
"Then we shall lurk about the streets and see if we can find him," says Deceidon. "But first a drink at the tavern."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn spots Deceidon as he enters and brings him a pint.
"I'm Glad to see you again, Deceidon." he leans in to whisper " I was hoping to fill you in on a scheme me and whitsell have planned. But first...what of your secret meet?"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Grognardsw »

"The rogue wizard says the orb is a magical artifact to create new worlds, and that Fenrin will use it for evil," Deceidon answers Flynn. "I'm not sure who to believe, but the orb is magic so destroying it can't be a bad thing. Doing so will supposedly return us to our home world. To destroy the orb we need a magic dagger Sunshine possesses, to be used in a ritual the words of which I possess."

"Have you seen Sunshine?"
Deceidon orders a drink and sits with Flynn and Whitsell. "What has happened while we were gone? How do you feel about destroying the orb? It goes against our mission. But the wizard was convincing."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by tooleychris »

"Convincing... " Flynn nods. "I would bring this orb to our lord and see his reaction. To see his advisors eyes and know what truth might be therein..." He drinks from his mug.
"But such may well be our undoing. And cause the death of a kingdom. " he sighs deeply.
"The use of such magic is illegal by word of my lord. I would follow that law in given circumstance and destroy it. But if we are mislead by this mage.. " he shakes his head. "This web is tangled. My mind is uncertain. But... " he leans in to whisper again "...Whitsell and I have made it known here we've recovered a relic in our journey. To try and bring these shadow warriors to us. Perhaps speaking with them will make our path...more clearly at our feet?"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell nods agreement while keeping a relatively quiet profile during the discussions. He is intent on watching the area around them to see if any suspicious characters move toward them.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rand remains quiet, keeping mostly to Elethil if they should stay with the rest of the group.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Rukellian »

When Elithil returns, Amberlynn notices his battered state and quickly starts to tend to his wounds. After the bandaging and salve applications are complete, some of Elithil's aches and pains start to vanish (he recovers 3 hit points). Deceidon also receives Amberlynn's ministrations during this group meet up (he recovers 2 hit points).

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell asks,

So, what should we do now? Were there any instructions given while you were in the other room?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rand speaks up, "Our main course should be to find Sunshine, once he have the weapon from him we can finish this."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell responds,
CAptn Hal had him locked up for the night, I believe. Let's find where he did that.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by tooleychris »

"Good a start as any." says Flynn rising to leave.
"And Maybe we can find someone who can tell us more about this relic we found."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon follows along with the others.

"What is this relic you found?" he asks Flynn.

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”