Chapter 01: One day at the pub

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 01: One day at the pub

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "Later Ox we can look at that later." he gives a glance back over his shoulder at the drunk.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Nordbo »

Darren the barman, amused, walks up to the drunkard: "A long time since anyone spun a good yarn round here. This one's on the house, good sir" and pours some swill mead in the man's cup.
The drunkard takes a revolting gulp and continues: "Wob! Wo-o-b! Ladies and shentlemen....Wob. Yesh, he'sh the man: Wob."

At the mention of 'Wob', the few other guests fall silent. Darren suddenly doesn't look so amused anymore. All stare at the drunkard - then at you all - then back at him.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Nordbo »

Drunkard: "Yesh, Wob. is the man. Who's nabbed her. But I'm the biggesht hero in-in-in.....I can lick Wob! Hesh nuthin' ! Sittin there in hish *#&!* tower, on Rarrizhh...on Rad Rizz...Shazzhizz" and now, he finally passes out.

You four look at each other because you know exactly which place he means: it's 'Rat Ridge'! You guys used to go bouldering in the area some years back. You quickly realise that on your horses, you could be at Rat Ridge by late afternoon.
01-03_Slowcroft_surroundings_w_rat_Ridge.jpg
01-03_Slowcroft_surroundings_w_rat_Ridge.jpg (87.91 KiB) Viewed 668 times
Actions!

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "Bah the ramblings of a drunk aint nothin solid to go on. If I went chasing off after every tale a drunk told I'd be lost somewhere in an underground ancient dwarf kingdom fightin a dragon for his gold." the dwarf waves off the drunk and his tall tales, and turns back to facing the liquor.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Dram »

Ox- Looks over his group friends. Yes but we can check it out at least it is only a half days ride from here. We got a strong group. We can defeat anything. Norbold has the church heard anything of this so-called abduction.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by PyroArrow »

Norbold Ernessaeia [Sylvanian Elf Cleric: Scale Mail AC 6 : 2 / 2 HP]:

When the room falls silent, Norbold explains,

"The name of Wob, has been mentioned with fear by survivors of raids on caravans, when they come to the church for guidance & aid."

Norbold looks a moment, at Ox, in thought & says,

"Hmm, well yes, the church has heard rumors of abductions, but from the outer lands, far beyond Kinghill Valley. Not nearby."

"The church is very worried about the dark, godless hordes that supposedly are threatening the outer realm in recent times."

"The House of Gung, is troubled by some recent calamity, but it was unclear as to exactly what it was. Perhaps the apparently abducted Princess has something to do with it."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "Well guess we get to find out for our selves then." the dwarf says while trying to wipe the grime off his hands on the side of his barstool.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Nordbo »

Darren the barman

fills in: "Don't know about any princesses, but I wouldn't talk about" (in a hushed voice:) "W-o-b that much, if I were you fellows. Evil annihilator, destroyer of worlds - and bad breath too. A nasty piece of work, what I hear from other landlords", hands Korin a towel, then goes back to wiping glasses, while throwing a suspicious glance at the completely silent and unmoving Jacob

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Jacob, who had been silently sitting at the bar nursing his drink with his cloak hood still covering his head, sighs into his cup. He takes another drink from it before muttering, "Can't go one day without something happening..." He sits up in his seat, sliding his hood off of his head and turning to look at the group, "Are we really going to go find Wob over some hunch and the words of..." He gives a pointed to the now sleeping drunkard, "People..." Jacob sighs, leaning back and resting his elbows on the bar, "Just sounds like a lot of work..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Dram »

Ox- Smiles a big grin. Why not? What are we doing that is more important than saving a lady in distress, any loot we find is ours. Then there's the reward money. He pats Korin on the back. Gold, Silver and Platimum and maybe even some magic items
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin smiles "Far worse we could be doin Jacob. But I too am not so insane as ti go entirely off the ratings of a drunkard. Though coin would be greatly in my fancy. I'd like a bit more to go on meself."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Jacob's shoulders sag as he exhales, "Why am I even friends with you people..." Jacob sighs, muttering, "Well... better get it over with." He turns his head lazily and calls to Darrin, "So, my friends are dragging me to our early deaths. Heard anything about Wob stealing Gung's daughter?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by Nordbo »

Darren

(flinching visibly upon hearing the dreaded W name once again) to Jacob: "Well if he did, Lord have mercy on anyone who meets their offspring"

goes into the back to fetch some fresh bottles of Were-Beer, then continues:

"But Gung ? Nope. Disappeared daughters ? Uhhh...not any more than our holy man here. But the lack of pretty wenches in Slowcroft" - nods out towards the pub's patrons - "sure gotta be caused by something. If you find any, send them to me haw haw haw"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Dram »

Ox- Well if we need more to go on lets take a trip to see this Earl of Gung. Your choice or we gonna spend rest of our lives warming Darren's bar stools. He looks disgustly at his so called adventurous friends.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "It's like yer readin' my mind Ox. Gung ho here we go!" ;)

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Nordbo »

Darren the barman

"Eh... not my business but why not let this 'princess' -if she's not just a drunkard's wet dream- lead you to her dad and the bounty instead of the other way round. Sounds kinda easier. Then you can hand her over to me, harr harr. But hey, whadda I know, I'm just a pub owner"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Jacob points a thumb over to the sleeping drunk, "Well, either way we should probably wait for him to wake up. Sounds like he knows more about this death trap."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Dram »

Ox- Well lets get him some hot tea or water and flush the Ale out of him. Sober his ass up. Darren you got quick sobering cures back there in your cupboards. He goes over sits up the Halfling. If were going to talk to this Halfling maybe we should give him his items back.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by PyroArrow »

Norbold Ernessaeia [Sylvanian Elf Cleric: Scale Mail AC 6 : 2 / 2 HP]:

Says,

"Hmm, to bad i do not have a spell to 'Cure Drunkeness', that is something to look into!"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Nordbo »

<CRASH!>

in bursts Minky Oathead, carrying a wooden pole: "Uhm, y'all, anyone seen that bogus boy? Timmy, can't fix a simple thing...most unrighteous."

He pulls up his singed sleeves and and nods to all: "Darren! Korin, Ox, Nobby, Jake - dudes!"

Darren the barman: "Minky, your son just ran out. What you havin'."

Darren, to the party: "Halfling ? Half-life, more likely. Trust me, this one'll be knocked out for a while. An unfortunate side-effect of my otherwise hiqh quality mead. Don't sit up waiting, as my wicked gran would say"

"Yes way!" Minky laughs as he leaves
Last edited by Nordbo on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)”