(IC) Friday the 17th, Scene 7

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (IC) Friday the 17th, Scene 7

#21 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:
OOC: Okay, jumping back in time... and trying to get Clark up a bit faster...

At that time of night, the Chapel is locked. While it is God's house, the house is in a mortal's world... and to avoid theft & to maintain hazard insurance on the property, the doors are locked.

When Clark turns around to head back to his BMW, he notes another set of headlights coming into the Chapel's lot. The older white-colored Toyota Camry parks near the pastor's residence.

Stepping out of the Camry is the Chapel's priest, Father Benefica. He's an older Filipino gentleman, dressed in black priest's vestments.

The old priest asks, "My son, may I help you? I have just returned from a most tragic automobile accident... an old man's duty to his flock is never done, you see. Perhaps you are lost?"
Clark feels slightly relieved upon the priest's arrival. His nervousness does not completely fade though, still lingering strongly on his face and the way he carries himself. As Clark speaks, he cannot help but feel multiple sets of eyes staring down upon him, powerful ones at that.

I need to choose my words carefully, but I cannot conceal anything, no, not in front of this man.

"Father Benefica, thank you for seeing me so early in the morning. Though I am not a religious person by any means, I still felt the need to share my problem with someone... and hope they understand. This is a confession father, I have gravely sinned."

Clark looks to his left and right, checking to make sure no one else was around to hear this conversation, the alarm on his face growing ever more apparent.

"Father, I wanted to tell you that I've just recently killed someone, and I have reason to believe that more blood shall fall upon my hands before the day is done." Clark looks at the priest directly in the eyes as he says this, frowning as he does so.If the priest allows him to continue, he will. But if not, skip the next part and just go to my last statement in this post.
"I have fallen far and gave my soul to evil so that I may live another life. I am trying to make amends of all of this though, correct my mistakes. I am not asking for forgiveness, nor do I expect my soul to be saved from the hells below, but I will say this. I realize now that serving evil will never bring any good in this life. What I do from here on forward, with what little time I have left in this world, I will do in the name of destroying that evil, stopping it from claiming any more innocents."
Clark stands in front of the chapel steps with his arms spread open. "You have an obligation as a good citizen, and as a man of god, to stop me and call the police. I will not try to prevent this. But if you were to let me... go, I may be able to help free more than just my own soul from Satan's grasp." [2d6] = 2

Well, this should be fun :)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:MonkeyWrench. Please name & describe the Campus Security officer at Acrewood Prep (because every private school needs a rent-a-cop). Name two things that he or she carries on Campus that he/she is not supposed to have at Acrewood.
John Donavon has been the designated security officer for the last two years, before that he was in the military service, doing two tours somewhere, he never specifies. He is a stocky individual with short blonde hair, hazel eyes, and square cut face. He is normally a no-nonsense kind of person. He is usually one to follow all of the rules, and enforce those rules on everyone; But secretly he carries around a can of tobacco dip and a hidden tazer, these are against the no drugs or weapons rule of the private school.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seth doesn't move for a moment, instead simply looking around while slightly raising his head, his body screaming at every movement. He lays his head down, looking at kate as he lays next to him. "You stayed and fought with me... Why didn't you run through?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Q.Q Elf »

The Priest steps in front of Clark, a concerned look on his face. "I can see the pain upon you, as clear as day, son. Surely there is nothing so urgent...." He holds his hand up, as if to keep Clark from heading off, perhaps to inflict violence on others... perhaps to do so again. The Priest hardly knows this young man, but he knows that what he said must be taken with all seriousness.

Reflecting whatever calmness is in the boy with his own inner sense of calmness, the Priest smiles and holds a hand up, as if to say, Stay a while, and listen.

MC Voice: Ok. We should pick it up & move to the time for everyone else.
So either roll over the Priest, or sit & wait it out until it's near the time for the school day to start...

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Mister-Kent »

Kate rubs her shoulder and looks at Seth wearily. "I...I don't know. Look--I wanted to run, but I also didn't. Does that make sense?"

Kate surveys the gymnasium, then heads for the locker room. She scours any unsecured lockers for gym clothes she can use to cover up Victoria. When she returns to Seth's side, she touches his shoulder gently. "What are we gonna do with Vic? Taking her to the nurse seems like the best option..."

She scans her unconscious friend, and then leans in to Seth. "I couldn't let you sacrifice yourself for me. I just got here, Seth. It's like, we still need to get to know each other, all over again..."

Turn On tiiiime! Kate takes a string on Seth...2d6+2=10
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Fine! take your string! But two can play at this game...

Seth looks at Kate, old memories that he had forgotten deciding then to re-surface. He leans against the lockers and sighs, "I guess we can take her to the nurse, maybe even the hospital.. for all of us." He turns his head to look at Kate, "It's been a while hasn't it? When I found out you were sent away I didn't really know what to do with myself, we were always around each other, getting into trouble... Heh." He chuckles a bit but returns to a somber tone, "I'm sorry for not telling you... about what I was... I wanted to but the others... I don't know." Suddenly he wraps an around around Kates shoulders, pulling her into him as he hugs her, his mouth inches from her neck as he speaks in a low whisper, "You didn't run, even after finding out... thank you"

Retaliation turn on to Kate! Seth Hot Roll: [2d6+2] = 11+2 = 13

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:The Priest steps in front of Clark, a concerned look on his face. "I can see the pain upon you, as clear as day, son. Surely there is nothing so urgent...." He holds his hand up, as if to keep Clark from heading off, perhaps to inflict violence on others... perhaps to do so again. The Priest hardly knows this young man, but he knows that what he said must be taken with all seriousness.

Reflecting whatever calmness is in the boy with his own inner sense of calmness, the Priest smiles and holds a hand up, as if to say, Stay a while, and listen.

MC Voice: Ok. We should pick it up & move to the time for everyone else.
So either roll over the Priest, or sit & wait it out until it's near the time for the school day to start...
Clark follows the priest's suggestion enters the chapel to discuss his situation in more detail. During the lengthy conversation, he doesn't really hold back with the details. As Clark talks about the nature of his death and revival, his actions that followed, he feels himself grow more and more calm, as if something is slowly lifting off of his shoulders. Clark never really knew that talking with someone could do this much good.

He also speaks with the priest about his dreams, his visions and what was layed out before him earlier this morning. Clark makes sure to put an emphasis on the angelic being's words.

It is my intent to not bring up anything specific, but to keep this dialogue vague and in the past, so that we may carry on with the present time at Acrewood Prep. If Clark should gleam any sort of information or insight from this conversation with the priest, hopefully it will carry over to your next post.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian wrote: Clark follows the priest's suggestion enters the chapel to discuss his situation in more detail. During the lengthy conversation, he doesn't really hold back with the details. As Clark talks about the nature of his death and revival, his actions that followed, he feels himself grow more and more calm, as if something is slowly lifting off of his shoulders. Clark never really knew that talking with someone could do this much good.

He also speaks with the priest about his dreams, his visions and what was layed out before him earlier this morning. Clark makes sure to put an emphasis on the angelic being's words.

It is my intent to not bring up anything specific, but to keep this dialogue vague and in the past, so that we may carry on with the present time at Acrewood Prep. If Clark should gleam any sort of information or insight from this conversation with the priest, hopefully it will carry over to your next post.
MC Voice: Okay, cool. The Priest helps Clark sort through his spiritual distress. Carry 1 Forward to your next meeting with the Emissary of the Horned Prince because I say so.

So what will Clark be doing at school? What's the plan?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:The tears streaming down Summer's face are completely unfeigned as she kneels to put on the collar.

"You know, when I was little, my mother made me wear one of these whenever she let me out of the cage," she says, choking back sobs. "Just like old times."

On her knees, collared, eyes downcast, hands clasped behind her back, Summer is the picture of dutiful submission. The tears of humiliation merely add to the effect.

Turn Mrs. Meecher on: 2d6+2=10 for a String.
Where Mrs. Meecher was confused and uncertain when Summer made these gestures to her in the past, the teacher reacts completely differently to Lucinda's same offering. A shaky but unmistakable look of triumph and elation crosses the teacher's face. She embraces her victory over Lucinda with a cruel smile and a lingering glare.

"Miss Price. How the mighty have fallen. You were out for quite a while... you wish to know what we did to you? We knew your family had some kind of weird hold over the Chens and the Lokharts. There were reasons you were allowed to do the things you could do, and your mother made it clear to me, in no uncertain terms.

"Consider it all rearranged, now. The things you and your Mother thought you had over Julie Chen's family? Over Vanessa Lokhart's? Consider it all upside down. Perhaps that will be the least of your worries, but perhaps not. Maybe your Mother could save you... but you had a surprising amount of information on your phone about her as well, and well, we have all the details now. Your Mother won't be coming to school today, if she comes back at all.

"I guess it would be better if we just handed over all of that information to the police... but, quite frankly Miss Price, I don't give a damn what happens to you.

"Now run along, and get ready for school. We have a big day ahead of us!"

MC Voice: Okay, since you didn't earn a Hard Move, I couldn't burn it all down yet & throw Mister Finney into the mix. He's still a wild card. I'm just saying that the things that allowed Lucinda to operate before are no longer the case.

So what's Lucinda's angle when class begins?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Okay... Kate & Seth... you could go on exchanging Strings (1 String to each of you against each other for the prior actions, which was great), but someone's going to fail a roll at some point! :lol:

So, you have an indecently dressed, unconscious Victoria (who will probably wake up as Vanessa & try to kill you). Kate & Seth are covered in ash, blood, and other stuff... plus the bruises and cuts.

Kate has 3 Wounds, which probably should require hospitalization at some point (no healing Harm unless you are laid up in a hospital)... unless you, well, you know. There are options for the Chosen, which might disgust her, but will solve the Harm issue.

Seth has 2 Wounds. It's serious business, and he's showing the effect of pain... but he can gut it out. If it hit 3 Wounds, then it would be hospital time.

What are Kate & Seth going to do? You have 30 minutes before class begins. What's the next step in the plan? You've struck some kind of blow against the Emissary, but how will you get the rest of the way there?

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#31 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Okay... Kate & Seth... you could go on exchanging Strings (1 String to each of you against each other for the prior actions, which was great), but someone's going to fail a roll at some point! :lol:
Nope. Singleton rule. You cannot gain more than 1 String on someone per scene.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#32 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:MC Voice: Okay, since you didn't earn a Hard Move, I couldn't burn it all down yet & throw Mister Finney into the mix.
According to my records, he has a String against Summer. You could burn that to come in with a Hard Move out of nowhere.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#33 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer stands, shakily, gaze still on Mrs. Meecher's feet. The collar around her neck feels strange. Not that Lucinda hasn't played Bondage Barbie with her before, but this is different.

"If Mother can't protect me," she says quietly, "and I certainly can't protect myself, then I'm in the market for a new protector.

"Would you…watch over me, Mrs. Meecher? Until I learn to walk on my own feet? Please?"

Manipulate Mrs. Meecher into promising such protection as she can give, with the implied bribe of total submission: 2d6+2=11

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seth lets go of Kate, looking over her and the unconscious Victoria/Vanessa, "We need to get her somewhere we can watch her, we don't know if Victoria is going to wake up or if Vanessa will..." He wipes some of the ash from Kates face as he inspects her more thoroughly, "You got more banged up than I thought, And I'm the one that got hit by an angel, heh. Can you get to the hospital? admit Victoria into the psych ward and you into the ER? I'll head to class and make sure they know we are alive and ready." He continues to patch up what he can on Kate while waiting for her response.

wanted to do the tender ministrations to remove 1 harm from Kate but then I realized Seth has no gear and is almost as torn up as her. After I get Kent's reply I'll post Seths next action, hopefully linking him to the others in the classroom.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Mister-Kent »

"Yeah, I can get there," Kate assures Seth. "I'll check myself in, and get Vic--or 'Vanessa'?--secure. You're going to have to explain that last part to me sometime, though."

Kate calls her Dad to pick her and Victoria up, and tries to call Celeste.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seth nods as Kate makes the calls, limping slightly towards the classroom, already knowing he will be late.

Once he gets there he stops for a moment behind the classroom door, his pants torn and ripped from the fights and his own transformation, leaving him with a torn and ragged jean shorts now. His shirt ripped as well, barely even resembling anything a shirt should, instead more tattered rags hanging from his shoulders and neck. He takes a breath and quiets the pain before opening the door, striding in without limping, the only indication of his injuries being the many gashes and blood covering him, along with the ash that sticks to his skin and hair. Seth surveys the room, giving special notice to the followers of the emmisary that are present, before looking at Mrs. Meecher, speaking as calm as ever, "Sorry I'm late, had a hell of a time."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rukellian »

Here is something quick before I leave for work...

Once Clark is back at school, he will look around the halls to see if he can either Pavo or Celeste. If on the likely chance he encounters Pavo first, he will ask: "What happened to the girl?" [2d6] = 5

It is obvious that he doesn't get the answer he is looking for :roll: After the failed interrogation, I would have planned for Clark to attend class like normal as well, but maintaining a distressed look on his face, completely avoiding looking at Vanessa's empty spot. Since I failed the manipulate npc roll, I will wait to see what happens though.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Manipulate Mrs. Meecher into promising such protection as she can give, with the implied bribe of total submission: 2d6+2=11
Mrs. Meecher looks at Lucinda-Summer with a mixture of new-found confidence, elation, long-simmering dislike, and an odd mixture of disgust at the whole situation.

"By all rights, I should just let them all squash you the disgusting cockroach that you have been... but we'll play your game, as long as you're my good little servant, Lucinda. We'll see how you behave during class today.

"Of course, you know I might not be able to do very much for you. You've made it that way, Lucinda. I don't know how much I can do for you now that the genie is out of the bottle."

Inside Summer's head (or is it Lucinda's?), she hears her inner problem child say, O-M-G. So what are we going to do now? Can I just be you for a while?

MC Voice: Okay, any game plan for class? Any plan for Julie & Cassidy? Summer (well, the shell-construct that was Summer's physical form) is "missing", of course.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Mister-Kent wrote:"Yeah, I can get there," Kate assures Seth. "I'll check myself in, and get Vic--or 'Vanessa'?--secure. You're going to have to explain that last part to me sometime, though."

Kate calls her Dad to pick her and Victoria up, and tries to call Celeste.
MC Voice: Of course Celeste is not answering her phone. How are you going to secure Victoria/Vanessa at the hospital? Once you're checked in, that's all the control Kate will have over that situation.

I guess I could force you to roll something to discuss with Dad, but it's kind of lame to do that, I think.

Instead, I'll say that Mister Jericho is relieved to hear from Kate, but extremely worried about Celeste. Beyond that, I'll wait until you say how you want to treat Victoria/Vanessa before I set up the hospital.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian wrote:Here is something quick before I leave for work...

Once Clark is back at school, he will look around the halls to see if he can either Pavo or Celeste. If on the likely chance he encounters Pavo first, he will ask: "What happened to the girl?" [2d6] = 5
Pavo shrugs, and says, "Maybes we don't need the girl... but she says it is worths it to have back-up planning, yes? Do not be troubled. If she is not needed, she will... not come back. You need not worry, amigo."

Pavo clenches his fists, and looks towards Mrs. Meecher's class. "I am also hearing that something happened to mi madre. I am hoping to discuss this with Seth today, and I think also Kate. I could use your help with this, Clark."

MC Voice: Okay, I got a hard move out of that... but I'll just do some foreshadowing & setting things up.

Out of the corner of his eye, Clark sees Seth talking to the school nurse (to be sent to the office to get some presentable clothes out of the Lost & Found...)

MonkeyWrench wrote:Seth nods as Kate makes the calls, limping slightly towards the classroom, already knowing he will be late.

Once he gets there he stops for a moment behind the classroom door, his pants torn and ripped from the fights and his own transformation, leaving him with a torn and ragged jean shorts now. His shirt ripped as well, barely even resembling anything a shirt should, instead more tattered rags hanging from his shoulders and neck.
MC Voice: Okay, stopping you at this point to get us sort of in sync.
Seth is stopped by the school nurse in the hall.

(Have we described the school nurse? I don't think so. You get to name her (I think we've said her), give her a description, and then identify why she hates Mrs. Meecher (as a leading question).)

The Nurse takes one look at Seth, and asks nervously, "Did your father do this to you? Why don't we go to the office, okay? I'll have a little chat with the Principal, if she's in, and you can pick out some clean clothes from the Lost and Found, okay?"

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”