(IC) Field trip, scene 5

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (IC) Field trip, scene 5

#121 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:"To Hell, Mrs. Meecher," Summer answers tiredly. "Straight to Hell. You don't want to come with me. Just...just go back, OK? Just go home. I'll be back shortly."

Can't copy the Invisible Castle URL because I'm on my phone, but I rolled an 8 for my Manipulate an NPC roll. I'll burn my String on Mrs. Meecher to make that an 11.
Mrs. Meecher looks extremely concerned. "Summer. Whatever you think you need to do, you know you don't need to do it. Something isn't right here. I'm going to call the police as soon as I get home."

She looks as if she wants to hold Summer back from whatever Summer plans to do, but Mrs. Meecher turns and starts to run for her house.

mc voice: I'm going to want Rukellian to say something about the party that Clark is at, but anything short of busting up the party is okay as a follow up.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:
Metal Fatigue wrote:"To Hell, Mrs. Meecher," Summer answers tiredly. "Straight to Hell. You don't want to come with me. Just...just go back, OK? Just go home. I'll be back shortly."

Can't copy the Invisible Castle URL because I'm on my phone, but I rolled an 8 for my Manipulate an NPC roll. I'll burn my String on Mrs. Meecher to make that an 11.
Mrs. Meecher looks extremely concerned. "Summer. Whatever you think you need to do, you know you don't need to do it. Something isn't right here. I'm going to call the police as soon as I get home."

She looks as if she wants to hold Summer back from whatever Summer plans to do, but Mrs. Meecher turns and starts to run for her house.

mc voice: I'm going to want Rukellian to say something about the party that Clark is at, but anything short of busting up the party is okay as a follow up.
In the few minutes I have left before work?! :lol: I'll try.

The events that took place after school were normal to say the least. Clark was absolutely thrilled of being able to go out on an actual date for the very first time, and in pleasant company too. A movie, a quick stop at a fast food joint, and then then leisurely stroll through the forest, yep.... it was a good day. But now for the icing on the cake. Celeste has been with Clark long enough to know that he isn't all that bad, so when they enter the chapel and bump into the others. She laughs nervously, looking towards Clark for reassurance. "Trust me when I say that they aren't all that bad. I wanted to introduce you to them and make you feel more at home around my friends." He ends in a wink as the drinks are passed. [2d6] = 10 Nailed it! :twisted:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#123 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Marcus and Pavo laugh like idiots when Celeste and Vanessa pass out, and slump over. Haro watches, quiet as the grave. She reaches into her purse for something metal, and black. It's a gun.

Marcus stands up, pulling what looks like a big kitchen knife out of a small bag. Pavo pulls ropes and a ball gag from another bag.

Pavo neatly bundles up Celeste, however. She is not meant for the knife.

Marcus winks at Clark, handing him the knife. "Bro. Sorry to spring this on you, but you were sweet on her before. Vanessa.

"We have to show we love her more than sex, dawg. This is your big chance to show her your love! And the altar needs a sacrifice to prepare it for the good sh.t tomorrow!"

Haro keeps the pistol leveled at Clark while Marcus picks up the unconscious Vanessa, to carry her to the altar.

Pavo picks up the bundled Celeste, and heads for the door to the outside.

okay, moment of truth for Clark! If he needs to die, I can take him over as a villain, but work it out. He's got the knife, and he's not as buzzed as Haro. I don't want to frame it as hard as I did. It's meant to be a choice, to go over or walk it back now.

Summer can bust into the scene now.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#124 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer texts Lucinda back—

Code: Select all

shes ohw bk, dnt let her call cops
—and leaves the Mrs. Meecher situation behind. Lucinda will manage it, or fuck it up, and Summer doesn't care any more.

At the chapel door, she brushes past Pavo and Celeste to see Marcus offering Clark the knife while Haro menaces Clark with her pistol. She feels nothing about it. Just emptiness. Clark doesn't matter. Lucinda doesn't matter. Mrs. Meecher doesn't matter. Even Summer doesn't matter—well, not much. She matters a little or she wouldn't be here, about to do what she's about to do.

She waits patiently for someone to die so they can all get on with business.

Hold Steady: 2d6-1=8 and I don't think it makes sense for Summer to be terrified again, so I'll just say she keeps her cool.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#125 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Ha... not really expecting that.

Outside the chapel, the sound of Pavo's car fades into the distance (with Celeste incapacitated in the trunk of his car).

Within the chapel, Vanessa has been laid over the altar, still unconscious. Haro keeps an unsteady but suspicious eye on Clark, who holds the knife.

Marcus shrugs at the presence of Summer. Both he and Summer watch Clark intently, waiting for him to use the knife on the unconscious girl.

Okay... so we're at the point where Rukellian has to make a decision for Clark.
And I also have to add some stuff for the Hell duo... but I'll do that on the morning commute, I think.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by Q.Q Elf »

okay... Hell, again.
The doors to the black cathedral open with a bang as the two mortals, Seth and Kate step in. The interior of the space is lit up by candles of various colors and sizes. In the pews are the dead or demonic. Partly pulverized corpses. Heads attached to floating bags of pus and other milky fluids. Creatures that combine human and animal parts in one body.

Bound and unconscious on the black altar is Victoria, wearing only a pink sports bra and her Hello Kitty underpants. Standing over her is a figure in black priestly vestments that are decorated with parrot feathers and turquoise beads. The figure wears a mask that looks like the stylized face of a jaguar. She (the masked figure) has a rich and sensuous voice, and holds a long knife made of black glass. The words she speaks are unintelligible and disturbing. To mortal ears, the words make the world vibrate in a faint but noticeable way.

The masked figure stops speaking momentarily. She points towards Kate and Seth, and the mangled or demonic congregation rises from their seats, advancing towards the mortals in unison.

Not going to force Hold Steady this time.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seth drops into a defensive stance alongside Kate, "Just like old times; Me, you, and whatever stands in our way getting it's ass kicked." Seth looks upon the horde, sensing the danger, He then lowers his guard before shoving Kate away to the side so that she can reach Victoria by going around the side of the pews. "Get your friend, I'll take care of these things...And Kate... Don't freak out, please." With that Seth takes a few steps back, yelling at the shambling things to come at him before the unmistakable sound of popping and cracking bones fills the air.

Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 - Becomes darkest self...

As Kate and all involved see the body of Seth contort and break, the transformation taking hold of him, the beast getting it's chance to rise up and destroy all obstacles in their way. The battle of wills intensifies, Seth wanting to stay in control and the Wolf wanting to run free. The creatures pile on while this is happening, blocking the last bit out from Kate, what comes next is clear though, massive claws begins sweeping out, attempting to shred the horde piled on top of it.

I Didn't really want Kate to find out so soon, planned on fighting them together but with that roll and the odds stacked against us it just seemed to fit...

Oh yeah, Kent, we all attached pictures to our character sheet but in case you don't know where to look I'll add it here...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Marcus and Pavo laugh like idiots when Celeste and Vanessa pass out, and slump over. Haro watches, quiet as the grave. She reaches into her purse for something metal, and black. It's a gun.

Marcus stands up, pulling what looks like a big kitchen knife out of a small bag. Pavo pulls ropes and a ball gag from another bag.

Pavo neatly bundles up Celeste, however. She is not meant for the knife.

Marcus winks at Clark, handing him the knife. "Bro. Sorry to spring this on you, but you were sweet on her before. Vanessa.

"We have to show we love her more than sex, dawg. This is your big chance to show her your love! And the altar needs a sacrifice to prepare it for the good sh.t tomorrow!"

Haro keeps the pistol leveled at Clark while Marcus picks up the unconscious Vanessa, to carry her to the altar.

Pavo picks up the bundled Celeste, and heads for the door to the outside.

okay, moment of truth for Clark! If he needs to die, I can take him over as a villain, but work it out. He's got the knife, and he's not as buzzed as Haro. I don't want to frame it as hard as I did. It's meant to be a choice, to go over or walk it back now.

Summer can bust into the scene now.
Clark approaches the altar and hovers over Vanessa. Tears can be seen rolling down his face as he lowers to his knees and whispers something into Vanessa's ear. "I'm sorry Vanessa, but Clarence died two years ago. Perhaps in the next life, we can be stronger, and stand on our own feet, hand in hand."

With a distinct shudder, Clark raises his head, kisses her forehead, and then brings the knife down heavily into her heart. He covers her eyes afterwards and hands the bloodied knife back to Marcus. "What are we going to be doing with Celeste exactly, I thought she was going to join our family....?" Clark asks Marcus and Haro with his eyes closed, tears still streaming down as his hands shake.
Last edited by Rukellian on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#129 Post by Mister-Kent »

Kate grits her teeth, astonished at her friend's transformation, but--No. She can't worry about him now. He said...

She charges through the crowd, having to stab a critter here and there on her way to Vic...

"He lied to me," runs through her head...

When she reaches the altar, she raises her stake and tries to force the priestess away from Victoria!

Go all Volatile on the priestess about to stab Victoria 2d6+2=8
Hmm...going Darkest Self is tempting, but not sure it makes sense to think her friends can't help when one's a friggin werewolf. Don't want anymore Harm...so I guess I'll let the priestess have a string on me? :/
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#130 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer winces at the sound and the sight and the smell of Vanessa's death, but so much has fallen away now that it's hard to feel any emotion about it—just disgust.

"Can we talk to her now?" she asks Marcus, who seems to be in charge in Pavo's absence, cutting across the tail of Clark's inquiry about Celeste. "I have homework."

I think I have to call that a Shut Down on Clark, since I'm cutting him off. 2d6-1=7 and I assign him the Condition "crybaby." Rukellian needs to assign a Condition to Summer.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Rukellian »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Summer winces at the sound and the sight and the smell of Vanessa's death, but so much has fallen away now that it's hard to feel any emotion about it—just disgust.

"Can we talk to her now?" she asks Marcus, who seems to be in charge in Pavo's absence, cutting across the tail of Clark's inquiry about Celeste. "I have homework."

I think I have to call that a Shut Down on Clark, since I'm cutting him off. 2d6-1=7 and I assign him the Condition "crybaby." Rukellian needs to assign a Condition to Summer.
Heartless :lol:

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#132 Post by Q.Q Elf »

The press of stinking bodies around Seth's inhuman form erupts in geysers of black ichor. Seth is now a monster, shredding everything in his path.

mc voice. I'm calling Seth a "small gang". This is equal to the horde of zombies and demons. I'm saying both are 2-harm gangs, armed equally with scary claws and fangs.

So it's 2 harm on the bad guys

The numbers of the enemy have fallen, but more press towards Seth... still trying to get at his living flesh!

Kate smashes the mask from the priestess' face. It is Domenica Flenchez, her lips curled in something like a smile. She looks at the girl on the altar and laughs.

Okay, spending Domenica's new String to come out of nowhere with a Hard Move. Because I care about you guys! :lol:

Victoria rises from the black slab, a strange look on her face. The expression is nothing that Kate recognizes from her friend. It's as if there's another mind at work.

Victoria mutters with a strange voice, "Clark, you bastard... And, look Victoria! here's your good friend, Kate! Let's see how she dances!"

Kate sees the cut on Victoria's forehead, which must have been there before Seth and Kate busted into the cathedral. The cut looks like a crucifix, except upside down. There's a pleading look in her eyes, as if someone within is trying to say Help me. Except she's walking towards Kate, her hands clenched in fists while the Priestess laughs sensuously.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by MonkeyWrench »

With a bestial roar Seth sweeps his claws at the oncoming horde of zombies and demons as they try to claw and bite at him.

Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 - Deal 1 harm to me, this is a gang fight after all... Or is it 2 harm to me since they are a small gang as well?

Plus: Due to primal dominance I have a string on some zombies... whoopie..

EDIT: I just thought about this, but with the fighting and surging of zombie/demons it's very possible for the carnage to spill outside of the chapel since they had just entered it.
Last edited by MonkeyWrench on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#134 Post by Q.Q Elf »

In the old chapel, the altar is covered in blood. The room stinks of blood (and that's as far as I should go in describing a murder victim). Vanessa's lifeless corpse is the grotesque centerpiece for this little gathering.

Haro glares at Summer, swinging the gun from Clark to the new girl, just waiting for an excuse to put a bullet through her.

Marcus seems stupidly pleased. He looks at Summer with a stoned look on his face. "What kind of deal we talking about? You ready to join her side, too?"

While Marcus speaks to Summer, Haro says to Clark in a harsh tone of voice, "The Jericho girl. She is what you say, insurance. So our master's plans can go without interference. There is a Chosen One in class, peon."

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#135 Post by Metal Fatigue »

"Yes," Summer says simply, ignoring Haro.

If the Emissary counts as being present before an altar on which a human sacrifice has been made in her name, even if she's not showing herself yet, then this is a Manipulate NPC roll to make her deal with Summer in person. If not, it's a Manipulate NPC roll to make Marcus summon her. 2d6+2=10

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#136 Post by Mister-Kent »

Kate sees Victoria's fists and begins to back up a step, trying to buy time. "No. We're not tdoing this, Vic." She throws her hands up, not in fists but open palms, trying to force Victoria to halt.

"Whatever she's making you do...I know you don't want to. Also, if you attacked me, you know I'd totally kick your ass. But...I wouldn't, and I won't. Because we're friends. And I trust that you're going to stop this before it goes that far."

She looks calmly into Victoria's eyes, looking past the possession and into her friend. "I need my partner in crime, Vic. Let's kill this jerk together, just like we did the Campfire Girl...just like old times..."

Manipulate Victoria! Fight from the inside! 2d6+2=12
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:"Yes," Summer says simply, ignoring Haro.

If the Emissary counts as being present before an altar on which a human sacrifice has been made in her name, even if she's not showing herself yet, then this is a Manipulate NPC roll to make her deal with Summer in person. If not, it's a Manipulate NPC roll to make Marcus summon her. 2d6+2=10
okay... Simple enough.

The room turns dark as the Emissary of the Horned Prince seemingly rises up through the knife wound in Vanessa's corpse. She is streaked with blood, covered only by smoke are fire. Her black wings are folded behind her, like a poisonous butterfly emerging from a cocoon.

Looking down at Summer, the Fallen Angel smiles pleasantly. How will you help us, soulless?

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#138 Post by Metal Fatigue »

"Let me tell you what I want.

"I'm sick of Lucinda pushing me around. I'm sick of hearing that laugh of hers. I'm sick of this emptiness inside, of having nothing to define myself but how others see me, of feeling afraid and nauseated all the time.

"I want a soul. I want Lucinda's soul. I want her to feel the emptiness, and I want to be full. Just for a while. Just a little while. I want to know what humans feel like, and I want her to know what she did when she made me.

"What am I offering?

"You get me two weeks' lease on Lucinda's soul, and then I read the book for you, on Halloween. No more arguments. No more of me trying to protect her from herself, scrounging for allies, wrapping her in baby bunting against the harsh cruel world. I'll get the job done, and she'll be left behind, empty.

"What do you think of that?"

Manipulate an NPC, burning "heartless" for +1: 2d6+3=10

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#139 Post by Q.Q Elf »

The Emissary smiles with delight.

Done.

In a fluid motion, she plucks the pulsing kitchen knife from Clark's hand and buries it in Summer's chest.

Everything goes dark.

When Summer opens her eyes, she is sitting in Mrs. Meecher's kitchen next to Julie and Cassidy.

From somewhere inside her head, Summer hears Lucinda's voice faintly, Ohmygod. I can't move my arm... I can't speak! What is happening to me?!

Looking down, Summer sees she is wearing pink cowgirl boots and a way too short skirt.

mc voice: it's not exactly what you said you wanted, but there's precedent here!

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#140 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer jumps a little, then smiles slowly. It's OK, sweetie, she thinks to the presence inside. It's all going to be OK. Shh. Quiet now.

Shut Down Lucinda: 2d6-1=3. What a way to start off a new existence.

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”