And the Quest Begins....

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: And the Quest Begins....

#261 Post by Dram »

Xano - Takes aim at the lead flying beast and fires a arrow. Aim at the lead beast the others may turn and flee!!

+2 L. Bow to hit[1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14, to dam[1d6+4] = 4+4 = 8
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#262 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

Wyntar keeps his spell going, he starts incanting toward the closest antlered beast, his voice is getting louder and louder as he throws his hands out toward the evil creature, releasing a bolt of pure energy at it!!Lightning Bolt
Last edited by Hotgoblin on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#263 Post by Scott308 »

The monk fires his crossbow into the sky in the general direction of the flying creatures.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Storm11 »

I sense an evil aura upon them! To arms comrades! shouts halo releasing two arrows at the first of the creatures.

How many can we see attacking?

Bow [1d20] = 17 : Arrow [1d6] = 1 : Bow [1d20] = 10 : Damage [1d6] = 2
Greys Campaign.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#265 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi looks for a ledge above and in front of the group. He hopes to find a spot to land and stand. He does so carefully, he cannot risk being attacked in his current form.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#266 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cloudscape mountains pass
Near sundown
Cold but not too windy

Round 1

The flying atrocities of nature press their attacks and the party tries to snuff them out as they approach.

The Cleric of Joramy takes his stance and calls out to the beasts. This attracts one of them right into the mighty swing of his holy mace. As one dives right at him he nearly crushes the thing to death with one heavy blow. Unfortunately, the beast and it's momentum plow right into the brave human and he gets struck by the beasts antlers. 7 dam The creature is badly battered but still lives......barely.

Drez and Trotter both let loose their missiles and the crossbow bolt finds its mark, injuring one. The arrow simply flies through the air and down the side of the mountain.
You get 2 attacks per round with a bow in 1E Trotter and Xano. (starting next round) :lol:
Drez finds a small Boulder to duck behind while one of the monstrosities flies straight at the diminutive Ranger. It's attack seems dead on to impale the poor Halfling but the beast flies right by him with a confused look, missing him completely by about 2 feet. Nice cloak!

Xano and Monky also fire first on the things. Xano shouts to fire at the lead bogie but they are not flying in any type of formation and her idea gets lost in the chaos. She does manage to connect with an arrow at the beast flying directly at her, causing it to redirect its attack towards the Monk.

Monky steels himself for the oncoming creature and fires his fancy crossbow straight at the things head. The bolt squirts out limply and falls short, skipping off the pass and down the mountain. His enemy flies straight into him, piercing him badly with its antlers. 11 dam

Halo also fires his bow at the lead beast and hits twice but for minimal damage. That creature now has 3 arrows sticking out of it and it's attack fails to connect. However, Halo gets hit from the side by one of the other beasts and the black antlers pierce through the weak spots in his armor, causing much pain when they connect. 8 dam

Morgi takes higher to the sky and tries to flank the things while avoiding their attacks. He manages to evade their attention and flies above the group looking for a safe spot to land. There is a small outcropping rock shelf big enough for a human to stand on. It is about 50 feet above the melee if he is so inclined.

Wyntar pulls out some fur and a tiny glass rod. He verbalizes a bit and a forked bolt of lightning shoots forth from his outstretched fingers. The bolt hits 2 of the creatures simultaneously. They both get thrust backwards, explode in flames, and plummet from the sky. 2 failed saves

There are a total of 4 creatures left and the one fighting Thomas is no longer flying and is very near its demise.

Current Hit Points:
Halo 41/49
Monky 13/24
Thomas 39/46

Actions for round 2!
If I missed something due to your items or abilities, don't freak out! Let me know as we go and I will adjust accordingly. I don't have everyone's PC's memorized. Thanks!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#267 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez works at reloading the crossbow and will take aim at any of the still flying creatures picking the one with 3 arrows as his favored target.

Light Crossbow of Accuracy +3 [1d20 +3] = 20+3 = 23 Hit [1d4 +3] = 2+3 = 5
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Dram »

Xano fires at one of the flying beasts attacking Halo.

+2 L. Bow to hit[1d20+5] = 19+5 = 24, to dam[1d6+4] = 5+4 = 9
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#269 Post by Scott308 »

The monk will use his bare hand to attack the creature who impaled him.
Open Hand (THACO 16): [1d20] = 17; Damage: [2d4+1] = 4+1 = 5; Stun (Rounds): [1d6] = 5; Instant Kill: [1d100] = 51

If my to hit roll is 5 better than needed, it is stunned. If somehow these things are AC 51, it'll be an instant kill. :lol:
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will drop his bow and draw the sunblade and strike if it is attacking in melee now, or if it flew off he will shoot it again with his bow.
Greys Campaign.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ummm.... Yeah, Ogre, you forgot my super secret item of kill everything? Where all enemies around us die instantly? Gosh... Figures you'd forget that one. :roll:

Thomas strides up to the limping and downed creature, He begins to say some sort of prayer, "And so let the evil come, so that they may fall upon the blades of the righteous. Let the light extinguish the darkness!" He swings his hammer down hard upon the creature as it struggles to limp away, Heavy Mace To Hit: [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17, Damage: [1d6+8] = 2+8 = 10, Holy DMG vs. Evil: [2d6] = 7, crushing it's head, splattering it's insides all over the mountain pass. He then turns towards the next creature as he continues the prayer, his tone rising in volume and intensity, "The light of the righteous shall burn away the wicked, revealing only the innocent!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#272 Post by greyarea »

Trotter, ranger

Trotter will fire his bow at any targets of opportunity.

Bow with bracers of archery and dex bonus attack [1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9, dmg [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5
Bow with bracers of archery and dex bonus attack [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7, dmg [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

Two attacks per round? I forgot about that rule, although at this rate I'll merely run out of arrows without hitting twice as fast.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#273 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Storm11 wrote:Halo will drop his bow and draw the sunblade and strike if it is attacking in melee now, or if it flew off he will shoot it again with his bow.
They attack and fly off again so I will allow a melee attack from anyone who was hit, or you could use the bow again as they fly off. Your choice but, you can't keep switching weapons back and forth with success.

I need an attack roll either way.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#274 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi lands and watches, he does not shift yet, he wants to see how this round goes before he commits.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Storm11 »

The paladin will stick with his bow if they are swooping.

Shortbow [1d20] = 15 : damage [1d6] = 5 : shortbow [1d20] = 17 : damage [1d6] = 1

Not including additions for attacking their back if that's the case
Greys Campaign.

Hotgoblin

#276 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

He's going to hold action, but he readies his staff in case he needs to use it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#277 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Peryton attack
Round 2

Simultaneous Actions

Drez reloads his little crossbow and shoots a bolt right into the eye of the beast with the arrows protruding from it. (max dam) The beast reels and flutters in mid air as Xano finishes it off with another arrow for its collection. It drops from the sky and falls out of sight below you, bouncing down the side of the mountain and into the valley below.

Thomas prepares a little deer bird gelato on the pass as he smashes the already dazed beast that attacked him into a mushy pulp. He continues to preach the entire time.

Monky also gets a quick judo chop in on the beast that hit him before it swoops away. The blow is powerful and effective and sends the creature spinning through the air stunned and unable to fly. It eventually hits the rocks above you and plummets down in a heap with a thud.

The only remaining Peryton is aware that every one of its kin are now dead or dying so he beats a hasty retreat back up into the sky and away from the party. Halo, bow in hand, fires off two shots at the retreating freak of nature and hits with both arrows. Trotter, with his fancy magic items, shoots twice also, but kills nothing but sky.

Morgi leaves behind a few bird droppings as he watches it all from above and Wyntar takes a break as well, stroking his staff while he does so.

Chewy stands there with his beak hanging open and his back pressed tightly against the mountain. He is glad that these things didn't attack him and seems astonished at the party's quick disposal of them.

The one remaining creature is about 100 feet away from you and flying higher up into the sky, trying to escape the deadly wrath of the party.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Storm11 »

The paladin checks the bird man is ok and puts his bow away. What were those things? Are they common aggressors in these mountains or something more sinister?
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Dram »

Xano takes one final shot at the flying beast. Best to kill it. Before its brings back more of it flying friends.

+2 L. Bow to hit[1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6, to dam[1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#280 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi flies donw to speak with the Monk. "Well done. I will scout out further. Find a spot for camp and I will return." Morgi then heads up the path for five miles or so before returning to the group.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”