Trieste: Vacationing in the Poisoned Air

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Trieste: Vacationing in the Poisoned Air

#61 Post by Grognardsw »

Ike, explorer / Trieste

Ike gets the dralthmi woman's name and tells her to meet him outside the ship one hour before take-off. He heads back to the ship, feeling he has gotten to know Trieste well enough.

Ike is thinking that Vinnie fellow seemed the type of businessman who could procure papers for the woman. Twenty thousand and fare passage certainly seemed enough to make it happen.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#62 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter a bit disgusted leaves the scene with Eugene worried for him, pissed off and considering his options in this situation thinking all the while how much he misses the security chief.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Grognardsw »

Ike, explorer / in the ship

While waiting for Vinnie's return, Ike wanders the ship. He relieves himself in the men's room. How strange, his urine is blue. He vaguely remembers something about that being a side effect of bug food. He wonders what his stool will look like. Time will tell.

GreyWolfVT

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter just heads off to his quarters on the ship where he remains for the rest of the time.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Keehnelf »

Ok, so Carter is disgusted with Eigene but not reporting the double to the captain either?

Ike has Vinnie's compad number if he wants to get in touch with him directly, as well.

Eugene, what's your move?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Grognardsw »

Ike, explorer / in ship

Ike remembers he has Vinnie's compad number and calls him up.

"Vinnie, I have a dralthmi woman with 20,000 credits looking to "procure" papers to get off-planet. Can you arrange?"

GreyWolfVT

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter does try and contact the captain on any type of long distance radio or communicator they have but not until he is in his quarters.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by atpollard »

Grognardsw wrote:Ike, explorer / in ship
Ike remembers he has Vinnie's compad number and calls him up.
"Vinnie, I have a dralthmi woman with 20,000 credits looking to "procure" papers to get off-planet. Can you arrange?"
Vinnie (criminal - in housing complex - via video phone)
"Ike, always a pleasure to hear from you.
I think that I can arrange that, but you might want to think about IF you really want that.
Since you don't really know who she is, do you really want someone willing to pay double passage to have their true identity not discovered?
The last secret guest wanted to scan everyone's brain for an alien mind.
We already have two secret passengers in cold sleep, would she be interested in being smuggled out in cold sleep?"

"Well you think about it. You might want to run some sort of a background check and find out the who and why of what you are dealing with. Tristie is an insanely corrupt place. Our little cargo sale has led us into a manhunt in Dome 64 to rescue a fugitive before the Republic assassinates him. If any of you want in, we could sure use the help. The reward is up to 300,000 credits shared equally ... 250,000 credits if he dies."

"Samantha, September, the local spy and I are about to chase off the Mercenary strike force and attempt to contact the spouse of the fugitive, so I need to go now, but I'll call back as soon as I can."

"It is always a pleasure talking to you."
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene:

Eugene having made Loraine speechless quickly makes his escape. He heads to the bridge to prepare the paper work for the release of the cargo.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Keehnelf »

Carter easily pulls up the impatient and unsmiling face of the captain. "I've been in line at the customs station for three hours now trying to get guidance on our stow-away. Hopefully you have something the will lighten my mood."

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter "I wish I did captain. But it appears another crew member is going to commit to an act of treason sir. We have a situation here on the ship. Eugene is being blackmailed and threatened by someone that if he does not let them take out cargo they will do harm or even kill him sir. I believe he is doing up false papers to make it appear a legit sale sir."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Keehnelf »

"Dammit, I knew he had trouble brewing around him, but I thought we could get ahead of it until we were away from this sector. Did he mention who or what is doing the threatening, and the amount of force involved? Based on his response during last week's incident, I don't think it would take much to set him on a bad path."

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter "Well he said a woman snuck aboard put a gun to his back and swore she'd kill him if he didn't help them take our cargo sir. She apparently knew him by name. The woman claims to be watching him and likely watching our ship sir. Apparently all Eugene had to do was make sure the transfer of the cargo went smoothly. In other words none of us get in the way or he is dead sir. The woman also claims this will clear up Eugene's dept with someone called Sims. I don't like this one bit sir. I wish we had our security officer back."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Keehnelf »

"is that woman LZ still on the ship with you now? I think she'd make a good security officer--I don't have the time while trying to sort out this nonsense--see if you can get her to agree to do the job. And if she accepts, advise her that her trial service will depend on how well she resolves this Eugene issue. Captain out."

GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter salutes the captain "Aye sir I think she is around. I'll do as you wish sir. Mr. Jacks out."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Grognardsw »

Ike, explorer / on ship

Ike hangs up from Vinnie. He checks the computer to see if he can obtain any background information on the dralthmi woman. Then he contacts her.

"If we can make this happen, you'd have to travel in cold sleep. And I have to ask, are you wanted by the law or other... less reputable parties?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Keehnelf »

Does Ike have relevant skills to bring to hear in his search for information?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Grognardsw »

I'm not sure. Possibly applicable skill rolls:
Electronics [2d6] = 5, J-o-T [2d6] = 3

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter goes off to search for LZ.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene- Navigator:

When Eugene reaches the bridge he will leave the snow globe he purchased for Samantha on her console.
Dome-Snowglobe.jpg
Dome-Snowglobe.jpg (19.53 KiB) Viewed 877 times

Return to “On the Knife's Edge (Classic Traveller)”