Introduction and Backstory

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Introduction and Backstory

#21 Post by greyarea »

Trotter

Nods and pulls a nice sized leather sack from his belt pouch, handing it to a man-at-arms to pass to the Duke. The aroma it leaves in its trail is that of the highest-quality pipeleaf in the western reach.

Iron rations should be good for the trip north. I can keep us in game, so root vegetables, alliums, dried herbs, and dried fruit should suffice. That is until we get far enough that game becomes scarce.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#22 Post by Scott308 »

I got the Kotter reference. Loved that show. FYI, the woman who played Julie Kotter just died last week, and Gabe Kaplan (Mr. Kotter) is a pro poker player.

Oh, and Rob... Up your nose with a rubber hose. :D
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#23 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, you're killing me over here!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

TV show from 7 years before i was born.... nope never heard of it. :(

Drez "Eh sounds good enough to me Trotter. We ready to head on out or is it alright if I take a little time to run and errand fore we go?"" the dwarf says as he stands up still a bit of a cocky grin on his face. he dusts off his leather armor and looks to everyone then the duke.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

GreyWolfVT wrote:TV show from 7 years before i was born.... nope never heard of it.
That's why I didn't think anyone would get it.
Duke Kane

The Duke takes the Rangers satchel and runs it under his nose, inhaling deeply. Ahh yes! Thank you my friend. This should do nicely. he stows the sack and addresses the group.

There is an old, well, very old actually, monastery high in the mountains that also agreed to send aide in these times of peril. On your journey north you will be meeting up with one of their followers. From what I know of this place and their teachings, he will be a great asset to your mission.

Also, there may be others out in the wild that know about these attacks and will want to help stop them. Don't be afraid to ask them for assistance as they should have a much better understanding of the lay of the land that high up than your group.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by greyarea »

Trotter thanks the Duke.

We will do our best. He looks up to Drez, Errands should be fine, as long as we agree on the meeting time.

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez "Eh don't worry the errand won't take long." the dwarf waves off the notion. "Shouldn't take me but half hour at the most."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#28 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok! Just got home from the con and boy is my ass sore......FROM ALL THE SITTING! (sickos) ;) My liver is a bit worse for ware too but that's my own fault.

I'm pumped to get this game rolling so what I would like everyone to do is roll some d20's for me. I'd like each of you to roll 5 of them and label them as "Advanced Rolls" or something like that. I will record them and use them if need be. If they get used up, I will ask you to roll another set at that time. (if anyone has questions about the roller just post them in OOC and I'm sure someone can help you out if I can't)

There is no need to post them as I can see all the rolls made in this campaign.

Thanks!

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

lol you never should give me a line like
just call them "Advanced Rolls" or something.
because I will quite litterally as you will see label a macro "Advanced Rolls or something". Welcome back all you "con" goers hope it was a lot of fun for all.
Drez nods to everyone and does a sarcastic elegant bow to the duke and heads off to take care of his errand. "I'll meet you all back on the road in the center of town. Unless anyone wants to meet up at one of the local taverns." he chuckles a bit then heads off to take care of a "quick" errand. Drez heads on back to his locksmith shop tells his two apprentices that the place is up to them to run until he returns. If he never does return he gives them specific instructions as what to about everything. Whom to talk to and inform of his untimely demise and so forth. Then Drez informs the "guild" of his current situation so that they are aware a forth coming payment for his services will be coming to them for this job if he survives. Stopping briefly back at his favorite tavern "The Red Beard Inn & Tavern" Drez swigs down a hearty ale with the owner and close friend of his Brax, a retired dwarf adventurer friend of his. He then sets off to meet up with everyone to set out on this "favor" for the Duke.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#30 Post by Scott308 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Ok! Just got home from the con and boy is my ass sore......FROM ALL THE SITTING! (sickos) ;) My liver is a bit worse for ware too but that's my own fault.
To be expected. I know I hung out with the DGS guys too late Friday and Saturday nights. Fortunately, since I had to drive home my liver isn't in too bad of shape. I'll save that for Garycon. :D
I'm pumped to get this game rolling so what I would like everyone to do is roll some d20's for me. I'd like each of you to roll 5 of them and label them as "Advanced Rolls" or something like that. I will record them and use them if need be. If they get used up, I will ask you to roll another set at that time. (if anyone has questions about the roller just post them in OOC and I'm sure someone can help you out if I can't)

There is no need to post them as I can see all the rolls made in this campaign.

Thanks!
I really hope none of those end up being needed for save-or-die situations or I won't be around long. I see the Unseen Servant Dice Roller hates me just as much as my physical dice did this weekend. :cry:
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”