Pre-game 2: classroom seating chart

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

Re: Pre-game 2: classroom seating chart

#21 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:My cousin did alright at DCDS. Her parents could afford to get her a BMW.
(restrains self from further Roeper vs. DCD trash-talk)

(EDIT: Mind you, I have no idea what's happened to Roeper since my day, nor do I care. But I remember the rivalry with DCD.)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Keehnelf »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Provocative question...
At the end of last year (sophomore year), why did Angie's Mom threaten to pull her out of the school, and what did the Principal do about it?
Her mom found some weed in her room that James had left there after covertly spending the night. She adamantly refused to smoke but he kept trying to get her to. Despite that, and the trouble it got her into, she refused to rat him out about it and the Principal had her enroll in a rehab program out-of-state over the summer to keep the school's reputation intact. That, of course, further strained things between our two lovebirds and deepened her conviction that she loves him infinitely.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Keehnelf wrote: Her mom found some weed in her room that James had left there after covertly spending the night. She adamantly refused to smoke but he kept trying to get her to. Despite that, and the trouble it got her into, she refused to rat him out about it and the Principal had her enroll in a rehab program out-of-state over the summer to keep the school's reputation intact. That, of course, further strained things between our two lovebirds and deepened her conviction that she loves him infinitely.
I'd like to follow up with, "who sold James the weed", but we don't have that many butts in the seats yet. :mrgreen:

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Keehnelf »

We'll get there :)

...But part of me thinks it was Lucinda.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:My cousin did alright at DCDS. Her parents could afford to get her a BMW.
Keehnelf wrote:James sits in the middle of the room toward the left, between Victoria and his ex-girlfriend Angie Clark. Angie is a tall, strong and solidly-built african-american girl. The change in his personality after the events of the summer were too much for her, so she broke up with him after a year, though she still believes she's in love.
Ok, cool.

Provocative question...
At the end of last year (sophomore year), why did Angie's Mom threaten to pull her out of the school, and what did the Principal do about it?

Ok... Up next is MonkeyWrench. Pick a seat, and sit a NPC. :D
I may have jumped the gun a bit... I already sat my character in the last row corner chair on the side with the door. My NPC is Victoria Johnson who sits in front of him by two seats and I guess now sits next to James? I gave the first bits of Victoria's back ground but looks wise she is quite attactive, blonde, stands around 5'8 and has an athletic build.

Also looks wise, my character, Seth, is a taller individual, standing at about 6'3 (my same height) and has a good muscular build (running around fighting and becoming a giant wolf-thing will do that to ya) Short Dark Brown/Black hair, and usually has a bit of scruff since he doesn't shave religiously. (pretty much me in high school...)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Keehnelf wrote:We'll get there :)

...But part of me thinks it was Lucinda.
Sure, why not?

Now I've got questions about what Lucinda does with her money from dealing drugs, and who's Lucinda buying from... Maybe that's for Metal Fatigue.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian wrote:Okay, took off the notes with Vanessa and left her a blank sheet for the MC to color and paint the way he sees fit.
NPC descriptions... I guess I wanted a physical description moreso than a full-on story. You should probably hint at story... "she's got wounded eyes", "he's built like a brick house", "she wears really short skirts", "he's always staring at the teacher's chest". If you have a picture that you want to link to, COOL! Do it! We're online & stuff, so we can do it. Give me a theme song if you like. Youtube, Vevo, Dailymotion... link to a music video.
"She visits the library late at night."
"She zones out on a regular basis."
"She's been seen talking to and hanging out with Clarence a lot."
"She's been caught writing down people's names onto some sort of list..."
"She dyes her hair a different color each week."
"A lot of people call her a freak, creepy."

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pen ... edIndex=41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsFgoHSs18

Is this what you were looking for, items like the above?
Not ignoring you, but I'm waiting to get home before I check out the links.

I like the list idea, but I will table the question on that until later.

Damn, I'd like more bodies in the room...

Okay, one of the basic ones.

Vanessa missed the first two weeks of the school year. Why was she out of school? What happened to her?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Damn, I'd like more bodies in the room...
I can always make more NPC's...

I'm pretty good at that part.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Q.Q Elf »

MonkeyWrench wrote: I may have jumped the gun a bit... I already sat my character in the last row corner chair on the side with the door. My NPC is Victoria Johnson who sits in front of him by two seats and I guess now sits next to James? I gave the first bits of Victoria's back ground but looks wise she is quite attactive, blonde, stands around 5'8 and has an athletic build.
Alright. Victoria.

How did her Mom die? (I'm trying to boil down the "monster hunter" to just her, anyway)

Damn, I really need to sketch this out in my notebook...

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote: I may have jumped the gun a bit... I already sat my character in the last row corner chair on the side with the door. My NPC is Victoria Johnson who sits in front of him by two seats and I guess now sits next to James? I gave the first bits of Victoria's back ground but looks wise she is quite attactive, blonde, stands around 5'8 and has an athletic build.
Alright. Victoria.

How did her Mom die? (I'm trying to boil down the "monster hunter" to just her, anyway)

Damn, I really need to sketch this out in my notebook...
Her mom died?!

Well then... Let's see, Her mom died when she was 8. Her father came home from work to find what looked like fang marks protruding from her neck and claw marks that mangled her body. Her father, Mark, has never been the same, trying to put up a smile for his children but otherwise being an extremely bitter and cold individual, consumed with trying to find the monster responsible. Her older brother, Jason, also changed since then, always training and looking in the paper for monster sightings or possible murder scenes; it seems he is following in his father footsteps. All the while Victoria tries to make sense of it all and still live up to her families traditions (monster hunting) and live with her family.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#31 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Now I've got questions about what Lucinda does with her money from dealing drugs, and who's Lucinda buying from... Maybe that's for Metal Fatigue.
Not necessarily. It can be better to ask one player about an NPC that a different player introduced. That way nothing is the vision of any one person.

If you're asking me, though:

Lucinda doesn't deal drugs for spending money; she has all she wants from Daddy anyway. She deals drugs to push the boundaries, as teenagers do. The money just sort of piles up. It's score tokens in the game to her, and an increasingly tempting prize to Summer.

Ask someone else from whom Lucinda's buying…

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#32 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Oh, may I seat another NPC now please?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Q.Q Elf »

MonkeyWrench wrote: Her mom died?!

Well then... Let's see, Her mom died when she was 8. Her father came home from work to find what looked like fang marks protruding from her neck and claw marks that mangled her body. Her father, Mark, has never been the same, trying to put up a smile for his children but otherwise being an extremely bitter and cold individual, consumed with trying to find the monster responsible. Her older brother, Jason, also changed since then, always training and looking in the paper for monster sightings or possible murder scenes; it seems he is following in his father footsteps. All the while Victoria tries to make sense of it all and still live up to her families traditions (monster hunting) and live with her family.
I'm pruning the tree ahead of time. As much as I need NPCs, I want only the ones that add more pain. If your pack may have led to her Mom's death, that's a win for the story, I think.

I don't need NPCs per se. I need hot cars that drive fast to do burnouts and donuts. :)

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Oh, may I seat another NPC now please?
I wanted to throw in a hot teacher! Because it's a terrible thing to do! :lol:

It's not in the rules, but I am the MC up in this joint!

Mrs. Meecher is a young teacher who just finished her teaching degree at the local university. She was Mrs. Vanetti's assistant last year for AP English before Mrs. Vanetti retired. Everyone loved Mrs. Vanetti. She was a good teacher, and the parents resurrected her.

Mrs. Meecher is a petite young woman with long red hair and green eyes. While most teachers at the school dress a bit more casually, Mrs. Meecher has been coming to class in very formal button up blouses and pencil skirts. She tries to keep a very cheerful smile on her face, but her green eyes sometimes say otherwise.

(I found a picture, but I'm on my phone, so I'll link it later)

So, Metal Fatigue, why was she crying when your character arrived for class before anyone else?

Then you can add a student, and please direct a provocative question of one of the other players.

And don't worry, I know that any and all NPCs are meant to be discarded.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:
Rukellian wrote:Okay, took off the notes with Vanessa and left her a blank sheet for the MC to color and paint the way he sees fit.
NPC descriptions... I guess I wanted a physical description moreso than a full-on story. You should probably hint at story... "she's got wounded eyes", "he's built like a brick house", "she wears really short skirts", "he's always staring at the teacher's chest". If you have a picture that you want to link to, COOL! Do it! We're online & stuff, so we can do it. Give me a theme song if you like. Youtube, Vevo, Dailymotion... link to a music video.
"She visits the library late at night."
"She zones out on a regular basis."
"She's been seen talking to and hanging out with Clarence a lot."
"She's been caught writing down people's names onto some sort of list..."
"She dyes her hair a different color each week."
"A lot of people call her a freak, creepy."

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pen ... edIndex=41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsFgoHSs18

Is this what you were looking for, items like the above?
Not ignoring you, but I'm waiting to get home before I check out the links.

I like the list idea, but I will table the question on that until later.

Damn, I'd like more bodies in the room...

Okay, one of the basic ones.

Vanessa missed the first two weeks of the school year. Why was she out of school? What happened to her?
Rumor has it it that she tried to take her own life. This landed her two weeks in the hospital with some major blood transfusion work. She is now no longer allowed to handle or be in the possession of sharp objects? Vanessa has not talked about this as much with anyone, maybe Clarence.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#36 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:So, Metal Fatigue, why was [Mrs. Meecher] crying when your character arrived for class before anyone else?
Summer (who has, if you'll recall, been taking her social cues from our Fae) did her best James-soulful-look and James-light-touch-on-arm and said, in her James voice, "It's OK. It's all going to be OK." And sure enough the words spilled right out. It didn't make a huge amount of sense to Summer but there was stuff in there about her Master lending her to someone not nice. Summer had to try really hard to stay calm and sympathetic after that, and made her excuses as quickly as possible. Since then, Mrs. Meecher has not made eye contact with Summer or called on her in class, and Summer's gotten all A's on her quizzes and homework even when she really shouldn't have.

Whoever wants to answer: why is Lucinda giving Julie the silent treatment when they used to gossip all the time?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote: Her mom died?!

I'm pruning the tree ahead of time. As much as I need NPCs, I want only the ones that add more pain. If your pack may have led to her Mom's death, that's a win for the story, I think.

I don't need NPCs per se. I need hot cars that drive fast to do burnouts and donuts. :)
Hmm.... Then how about this, When the autopsy came back the wounds were very... wolf-like?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Keehnelf »

Lucinda is giving Julie the silent treatment because she just found out that the weekend Julie said she was going to visit her grandmother this summer, she actually was taking Victoria out to the abandoned house on the lake where the two girls would always go to drink and gossip on Friday nights.

What's even worse is that Julie won't say a thing about what happened up there even though it was obviously something embarrassing since Julie and Victoria won't even make eye contact with each other now.

My question: how did Frederick get allowed to come back to school this year after he beat up Mr. Finney, the art teacher, in front of the principal last spring? Everyone knows his family doesn't have enough money for him to get away with something like that...

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Keehnelf »

Damn i can't update google docs on my phone.

Can someone add Frederick Adams in the back alongside Seth?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Friggin DeviantArt isn't cooperating with me right now... Grrrrr.
Rukellian wrote:
Q.Q Elf wrote:Vanessa missed the first two weeks of the school year. Why was she out of school? What happened to her?
Rumor has it it that she tried to take her own life. This landed her two weeks in the hospital with some major blood transfusion work. She is now no longer allowed to handle or be in the possession of sharp objects? Vanessa has not talked about this as much with anyone, maybe Clarence.
Rukellian
A good start, but you need to draw more lines to other characters, not just circles around the ones you've staked out.

Metal Fatigue
Who drove Vanessa to attempt suicide? What was the event that caused it to happen?

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”